• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scythian Empire said:
I haven't even seen his vehicle mode...I don't want to :(

It's pretty meh.

They should have just stuck some better looking wings on his humanoid form, probably would have been way better.

As long as Mega-Flare stile burns down entire cities, I will be fine.

duckroll said:
It's a flying dragon, in a world where flying dragons look like hovercrafts with wings and claws. :(

A flying dragon. Isn't Bahamut, by default, a flying dragon?

SIGH

Fimbulvetr said:
Why couldn't they make his humanoid form a dragon and make his vehicle mode a jet?

Oh come now, this is Transformers for Fucks sak-

Hmmm.

:(

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Awntawn said:
- Palmpolm (location in trailers?) is crystallized because a battle between Snow + Shiva and a certain other individual took place previously.

「パルムポルムが結晶化してるのはシヴァとスノウがある人とド派手に戦った結果」

As in パロムポロム(Palom Porom)? The twins from FFIV?

palom_porom.jpg

Pretty appropriate naming since they are
turned into stone at one point
in FFIV.

Sword Familiar said:

palom_porom.jpg

in FFIV.
Heh, good catch. I hadn't thought of that but that's pretty funny if it's intentional.

Sword Familiar said:

palom_porom.jpg

in FFIV.
Whoa, that's pretty cool. It's going to be a lot of fun finding these little references everywhere. :D

badcrumble said:
Well, the demo has it romanized as Palumpolum, IIRC.

This isn't new, we all figured it out in that thread but is still pretty damn cool.

I'd wager that out of all the information this blowout in Famitsu has given us, the news about about Versus and Agito is the most interesting. Its reached the point that there is only so much we can hear about XIII before the info start to overlap.

Hurrah.

Sword Familiar

Well, there's always gonna be someone there to tell you that your find has already been found, but that matters little to the ones that missed it. At least the information made it to this thread as well. :p

Sword Familiar said:
Well, there's always gonna be someone there to tell you that your find has already been found, but that matters little to the ones that missed it. At least the information made it to this thread as well. :p

I exist as a relic from that time of strife.

You know what I'm wondering, where the FUCK are the Moogles :(

Sword Familiar

TheChillyAcademic said:

They turned into rabbits and were then indefinitely put to sleep.

TheChillyAcademic said:

Yeah seriously, those little bastards better make an appearance. And none of those crappy Ivalice Alliance moogles, I mean real ones. 9 was the last game where they actually had a role.

Hey, maybe they could bring Mognet back and we can send items and stuff to our friends. That would be cool.

Elios83

IGN has an article about FFXIII:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037157p1.html

This has caught my attention:

Toriyama also shared some technical details on the game. Save data will take up 500KB. Trophy data takes up 3,080KB (yes, it looks like the game supports Trophies!). In case you were stocking up munitions for a big system wars battle, there won't be a hard disk installation.

Worried about load times? Don't be. The only time you'll see load times is when you transition from town to field. Once you're out on the field, the game is seamless. Toriyama explained that the game's tech staff tackled loading early on in order to keep the experience as smooth as possible.

Does he mean there's a field map as in FFXII?

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah seriously, those little bastards better make an appearance. And none of those crappy Ivalice Alliance moogles, I mean real ones. 9 was the last game where they actually had a role.

Hey, maybe they could bring Mognet back and we can send items and stuff to our friends. That would be cool.

That would be DAMN cool and I wouldn't mind seeing Montblanc again :D

cosmicblizzard said:
?

cosmicblizzard said:

You really enjoy being ridiculed, don't you?

Sword Familiar said:
170px-Ffta-moogle-mogknight.jpg

F***ING RABBITS!

Oh noes, long ears, worst designs ever.

Woah hey, what's this:

2a8ovm8.jpg

Guys, lets not get on this.

I'd rather not get banned.

I do hope moogles are in XIII, but I wonder how they'll be implemented. :/

Fimbulvetr said:

Woah hey, what's this:

I like the CC's version, i would love to see those return.

lorddarkflare said:
I like the CC's version, i would love to see those return.

Those guys are just diabetes given form. *SQUEEEEEEEE*

But I doubt they'll appear outside CC.

At worst, moogles are just dolls in this installment.

lorddarkflare said:
You really enjoy being ridiculed, don't you?

Just not a fan of the design. Moogles were always some weird rodent creature that didn't exist, but then they became rabbits. It just seemed weird to me and I thought if they needed to change the design, they could've come up with something better. But I do agree that the CC moogles are cool despite being disabled (but not having arms does make them cuter).

Anyway, whatever design they choose, I'll be happy if moogles are in the game and have a role bigger than some arcade game or a doll weapon/costume.

cosmicblizzard said:
Just not a fan of the design. Moogles were always some weird rodent creature that didn't exist, but then they became rabbits. It just seemed weird to me and I thought if they needed to change the design, they could've come up with something better. But I do agree that the CC moogles are cool despite being disabled (but not having arms does make them cuter).

Anyway, whatever design they choose, I'll be happy if moogles are in the game and have a role bigger than some arcade game or a doll weapon/costume.

The hell do you mean?

They are still moogles, they just have longer ears.

Maybe there'll be a moogle summon? :lol

Long as they aren't an enemy type, my heart couldn't take that. D:

Fimbulvetr said:

Woah hey, what's this:

2a8ovm8.jpg

They look so badass.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ivalice Moogles are the best moogles after Mog the dancing dragoon moogle.

Fimbulvetr said:
Long as they aren't an enemy type, my heart couldn't take that. D:

Well, I for one adored poaching Chocobos in Tactics and XII.

batbeg

Regulus Tera said:
Well, I for one adored poaching Chocobos in Tactics and XII.

You sicken me. Both for your disgusting behavior towards Chocobos and your lack of admiration for our mail-carrying moogles of FFIX.

Fimbulvetr said:
He's fucking glowing.

Truly a god among chocobos.

Wonder what the optional quests in XIII will be like.

Hopefully like the XII marks, but with more story content (Think Belito or Ancient man of mystery).

lorddarkflare said:
*Sigh*

Who wants to have an honest discussion on the battle system so far and where it seems to be heading?

Orly? :D

I did a write up on the FFXIII Tvtropes thread.

Does anybody want to know details?

Fimbulvetr said:
Orly? :D

I did a write up on the FFXIII Tvtropes thread.

Does anybody want to know details?

Not really no. :p

HK-47 said:
Finally saw Bahamut...and I am disappointed immensely.

I don't mind Bahamut so much, the actual Dragon I mean. His hovercraft air bike purple/black G. Form however, an absolute travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom