• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Shadowlink said:
Waiting for this game to release is boring now. =/
You know, you could go create a generic "Square Enix Game Discussion Thread" if you like.

The problem with discussing FFXII and Kingdom Hearts wasn't that people were discussing them, it's that they were discussing them in the FFXIII information thread.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fimbulvetr said:
A general FF discussion thread would be hectic as fuck, but I'm willing to bet it would never get boring.
Well it couldn't be a general FF discussion thread because people would still be off topic talking about Kingdom Hearts. You need to make sure you name it carefully. :lol

Nirolak said:
Well it couldn't be a general FF discussion thread because people would still be off topic talking about Kingdom Hearts. You need to make sure you name it carefully. :lol

Talking about every square game ever would be annoying though.

Besides, KH wasn't really brought up as much as you think.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, I wish this game would come out here for December. There's nothing better than going into hibernation during Christmas vacation with an RPG, especially a Final Fantasy game. I'm sure this has been voiced over and over but still ;_;

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fimbulvetr said:
Talking about every square game ever would be annoying though.

Besides, KH wasn't really brought up as much as you think.
Alright, but don't complain to me if it gets locked for offtopicness...

Nirolak said:
Alright, but don't complain to me if it gets locked for offtopicness...

Never said I would make it.

Anybody wanna try their hand? :p

I'd love to see what happens when CB fans and Gaiden fans are in the same room.

Considering one side wants square to try new things while the other wants the good old days of soft to return.

BlueTsunami said:
Man, I wish this game would come out here for December. There's nothing better than going into hibernation during Christmas vacation with an RPG, especially a Final Fantasy game. I'm sure this has been voiced over and over but still ;_;
Agreed to the fullest. It would be EPIC if Square did a world-wide release. EPIC!

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Doesn't happen very often but I already got my party figured out. Lighting + Fang + Sazh. Maybe Vanille, if she's not annoying.

The character design is so damn good in this.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fimbulvetr said:
Never said I would make it.

Anybody wanna try their hand? :p

I'd love to see what happens when CB fans and Gaiden fans are in the same room.

Considering one side wants square to try new things while the other wants the good old days of soft to return.
Okay, you have a fair point here. :lol

TheCardPlayer said:
Doesn't happen very often but I already got my party figured out. Lighting + Fang + Sazh. Maybe Vanille, if she's not annoying.

'nother person with great taste. :D

Nirolak said:
Okay, you have a fair point here. :lol

I'm never wrong about Final Fantasy, EVER. .-.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheCardPlayer said:

Did they ever mention if the party levels simultaneously or not?

I can't remember ever seeing if they did.

Nirolak said:
It's not that we went off-topic all the time in the other. It's the fact that we've waited so long for this game to release, and I'm not hyped for it as much as I was.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Like a general purpose, EVERY SINGLE FINAL FANTASY thread? Or just a specific off topic FNC thread?

Wouldn't an "Off-topic FNC thread" kind of be a huge contradiction? It's like making a thread about pants to talk about shoes.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Like a general purpose, EVERY SINGLE FINAL FANTASY thread? Or just a specific off topic FNC thread?

Yeah, haven't found a decent translation of it either >.<

Basically it would be a FF hangout, like the old 13 thread used to be.

imtehman

Banned
was there anyone in the previous thread that was bothered by the offtopicness of the previous thread? Even if it did go off topic, i thoroughly enjoyed the discussion about all things SE, which is why that thread had so many hits and views. A part of me died when that thread got locked =(

imtehman said:
was there anyone in the previous thread that was bothered by the offtopicness of the previous thread? Even if it did go off topic, i thoroughly enjoyed the discussion about all things SE, which is why that thread had so many hits and views. A part of me died when that thread got locked =(

Me too brah, me too.

batbeg

lorddarkflare said:

How would changing Fang's name to Fayth affect the fact they have the same last name...?

(Edit: Try to edit on me, nuh-uh biatch)

imtehman said:

I didn't bother to use the thread because it was basically a chatroom for like 10 guys. So yeah, it kind of bothered me I guess? The pages advanced so quickly it was impossible to wade through it for newsworthy stuff and, no offence to Kagari's fantastic efforts, but she just didn't have it all in the OP y'know.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
imtehman said:

Go make a general S-E discussion thread then. It gets irritating to see the thread bumped with no new information, as that is the purpose of this thread.

imtehman said:

Eh I know what you mean. It did sort of turn into a free for all group chat but that was part of its charm. Fun discussion about games is part of what makes this place so great, though the topic did sort of get blurred.

Is what it is, Kagari, who started the thread, was less then thrilled with the direction it started to take and at the end of the day, it was her thread.

C'est La Vie.

TheChillyAcademic said:
Eh I know what you mean. It did sort of turn into a free for all group chat but that was part of its charm. Fun discussion about games is part of what makes this place so great, though the topic did sort of get blurred.

Is what it is, Kagari, who started the thread, was less then thrilled with the direction it started to take and at the end of the day, it was her thread.

C'est La Vie.

*Sigh* I got most of my first posts in that thread.

The more i think about, the more i think that the 'Final Fantasy and Fabula Nova Crystalalis Discussion' thread should be made.

This thread should be all about posting new info, the other thread could be used to discuss it.

All threads like this degenerate into a clusterfuck anyway, especially for a series as big as this when the game isn't out. Having one FF/KH/SE clusterfuck is better than having 4 different ones, I guess.

lorddarkflare said:
*Sigh* I got most of my first posts in that thread.

The more i think about, the more i think that the 'Final Fantasy and Fabula Nova Crystalalis Discussion' thread should be made.

This thread should be all about posting new info, the other thread could be used to discuss it.

I remember when you and Fimb were still Juniors in that thread >.<

Make the thread, it allows those of us who want to ramble about FNC and FF crap do so without driving Kagari nuts lol

Everyone! Just make another thread for Square Enix discussion so no one will go off-topic in this one.

Anyways, I think that waiting for this game is making me less interested in the game. :(

Vrakanox

I'm kind of bummed out that "seemebly" all playable characters have been revealed. Half of the fun is waiting to see who the new character will be. Well for me anyway.

Vrakanox said:
I'm kind of bummed out that "seemebly" all playable characters have been revealed. Half of the fun is waiting to see who the new character will be. Well for me anyway.

Eh, this has always been the case as of late FF though, nothing new.

Vrakanox said:

Has it been like that with most of the series? When X came out, I didn't obsess over games before they were released and I mostly stopped caring about XII info after playing the DQ8 demo, so this might as well be my first FF that I followed from the beginning.

I'm hoping for at least 1 more playable character. And hopefully a Male character. there's 3 females, possibly 4, and a 15 year old kid. That leaves only Snow and Sazh for the badass. I think one more male character would really even it out.

VindicatorZ said:
I'm hoping for at least 1 more playable character. And hopefully a Male character. there's 3 females, possibly 4, and a 15 year old kid. That leaves only Snow and Sazh for the badass. I think one more male character would really even it out.

The fuck?

If anything, we need another female. Fang is the only good one, while all the males are all pretty good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lorddarkflare said:
Oh, i thought you were talking about moogles.

I definitely enjoyed pwning chocobo. I really want the feral ones to return.

I want to kill moogles too.

FFXIII better have some moogle-poaching sidequests.

What do you mean. You have two badass awsome females in Lightning and Fang. You have a ditzy little Riku/Selphie type in Vanille. Serah is possibly another playable character. That's 3 or 4.

For the males you have Hope, who seems cool, but is a little 15 year old kid. Sazh is a crybaby with an afro and a chocobo in his hair. He actually seems cool and will be a cool character. Snow is our only "badass" male character, and even him I don't find to be too badass, and I always thought his design was a bit generic. But whatever, besides the point.

I think the game needs one badass male character like an Auron. It would balance out all the girls and young children in the party.

Do they still have extra characters in the FF games like Vincent and Yuffie? I haven't played FF X-XII yet so I'm not sure if they still add extras.

lorddarkflare said:
The fuck?

If anything, we need another female. Fang is the only good one, while all the males are all pretty good.

But that would break the "3 female party member max" rule. They've never done that (unless Quina is female).

VindicatorZ said:
What do you mean. You have two badass awsome females in Lightning and Fang. You have a ditzy little Riku/Selphie type in Vanille. Serah is possibly another playable character. That's 3 or 4.

For the males you have Hope, who seems cool, but is a little 15 year old kid. Sazh is a crybaby with an afro and a chocobo in his hair. He actually seems cool and will be a cool character. Snow is our only "badass" male character, and even him I don't find to be too badass, and I always thought his design was a bit generic. But whatever, besides the point.

I think the game needs one badass male character like an Auron. It would balance out all the girls and young children in the party.

Meh.

I think a character's value lies much beyond how 'badass' he/she looks, so i am having some trouble agreeing.

Besides, we already have a pretty balanced party.

Sazh = Clown (hidden badass, and resident old person)
Snow = Eternally optimistic idealist (stupid shounen hero)
Fang = Conflicted badass and sexual object (dat ASS)
Hope = Young Kid/Angst machine (definitely getting a lesson on why revenge is bad)
Vanille = Fun loving happy chick with mysterious/dark past
Lightning = Leading badass (complete with emotion suppression and lame backstory, guaranteed to have issues with Snow and Fang)

Lightning and Fang are fucking awesome for bucking the trend of weak-willed heroines in FF. Hell, we even have one as the main character! It's like S-E is trying to be as progressive as back in FFVI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom