• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDenny

Elixers.png

ElixerFig.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Fimbulvetr said:
And this is why the thread is always being derailed.

No, its because someone brings up something they want in XIII, like moogles, and people then discuss moogles.

Fimbulvetr said:
And this is why the thread is always being derailed.

What the hell are you talking about lol I said I wanted to see Moogles, maybe Montblanc. I didn't even participate in the discussion about who had BETTER moogles lol

So we know how Lightning's weapon and Fang's weapon transform, but what about the other four? One of the recent interviews made it sound very much like everybody's weapons will transform in some fashion.

badcrumble said:
So we know how Lightning's weapon and Fang's weapon transform, but what about the other four? One of the recent interviews made it sound very much like everybody's weapons will transform in some fashion.

Well I checked, and Sazh definitely has a rifle as well.

The ammo pack it's using looks similar to the one on his pistols.

Mudo

Hmm that IGN article says there is only loading when you transition from city to field. Now that sounds to me like FFXII world only instead of lots of micro zones you load into, the ENTIRE WORLD is 1 huge seamless entity with loads into the cities...if that is true, WOW!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mudo said:
Hmm that IGN article says there is only loading when you transition from city to field. Now that sounds to me like FFXII world only instead of lots of micro zones you load into, the ENTIRE WORLD is 1 huge seamless entity with loads into the cities...if that is true, WOW!

White Knight Chronicles did the same thing. It's really nice.

Tom Penny

Mudo said:

Does swapping disk count as loading in the other version?

Mudo said:

So it's like a Dragon Quest 8 style world map? I thought it was pretty much confirmed it wouldn't be like that seeing as vsXIII is doing it. Am I just interpreting this wrong?

Mudo said:
Great!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:
So it's like a Dragon Quest 8 style world map? I thought it was pretty much confirmed it wouldn't be like that seeing as vsXIII is doing it. Am I just interpreting this wrong?

Not a world map, it means areas are seamless, so there's no loading every time you go into a new section of an area.

lorddarkflare said:
This is good. I am sure that if the battles happened on the field like some(I) wanted, this may not have been possible.

It's possible. They're just not doing it that way.

Elios83

cosmicblizzard said:

Versus map should be an old style, FF7,8,9-like map. With the character the same size of cities and everything stylized.
FFXIII should be like FFXII but with a single loading for the field map so effectively like DQ8 or WKC.

Elios83 said:
Versus map should be an old style, FF7,8,9-like map. With the character the same size of cities and everything stylized.
FFXIII should be like FFXII but with a single loading for the field map so effectively like DQ8 or WKC.
This, but I wouldn't mind a Overworld like the Crystal Bearers.

Kagari said:
Not a world map, it means areas are seamless, so there's no loading every time you go into a new section of an area.

But if everything is connected via one giant filed type thing, isn't that the same as a DQ8 styled world map?

Elios83 said:

Whoa, back up. So the characters will be giant again and not to scale? When was this said? I thought it was supposed to be to scale seeing as it apparently takes hours to traverse.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:
But if everything is connected in one giant filed type thing, isn't that the same as a DQ8 styled world map?

Whoa, back up. So the characters will be giant again and not to scale? When was this said? I thought it was supposed to be to scale seeing as it apparently takes hours to traverse.

No. It doesn't look like everything will be connected.

And nothing was ever said about that.

Kagari said:

It's possible. They're just not doing it that way.

Let me keep my illusions, please!

Elios83

cosmicblizzard said:

It doesn't seem like that from the leaked pictures of Versus map. There's a giant Noctis and a stylized city icon. I can't post it because it's an old scan but you can try searching for FF versus XIII world map on google ;)

Kagari said:
No. It doesn't look like everything will be connected.

And nothing was ever said about that.

In that case it would be exactly like FFXII but without the many on-field loadings right?

Elios83 said:
It doesn't seem like that from the leaked pictures of Versus map. There's a giant Noctis and a stylized city icon. I can't post it because it's an old scan but you can try searching for FF versus XIII world map on google ;)

Just saw it. Definitely not what I was expecting. My hype for vs just went through the roof. Looks like I'll have to rely on it to bring back the world map to RPGs.

Shuusui

Australian Accent ARE WONDERFUL SINCE I READ THE RULES.

Still, thinking about importing it in Japanese. I love me some Balsa.

Elios83

Then it's much better than what I was expecting (something like FFX....yes I expected the worst :lol ) but it still sucks that you are forced to go through cities you don't want to visit to reach other places.
The ideal would be something like DQ8.

Kagari said:
From the sound of it yes.

Eh really? If this is indeed the case that's awesome, but I'm not so sure...

We know there isn't going to be mandatory installs, but I certainly hope we who choose to install will be sitting happy, load time wise.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:
Eh really? If this is indeed the case that's awesome, but I'm not so sure...

We know there isn't going to be mandatory installs, but I certainly hope we who choose to install will be sitting happy, load time wise.

Toriyama is saying loading is basically non-existent, so it doesn't really matter.

dramatis

Elios83 said:
Then it's much better than what I was expecting (something like FFX....yes I expected the worst :lol ) but it still sucks that you are forced to go through cities you don't want to visit to reach other places.
The ideal would be something like DQ8.

As long as transitions don't feel awkward, I'm thrilled. FF12 managed to do visual transition from area to area pretty neatly, despite the bottlenecking in paths between regions.

I'm beginning to wonder about the reason behind why Hope and Vanille's summons haven't been revealed yet. In previous FF titles, is there a pair of summons that can be considered 'connected'? I think Hope and Vanille's summons may be related to each other, although that would put a hole in the 'Vanille is Yuna' theory.

Who knows? If their summons are related, we might actually have a gattai transformation.

...Actually, that might be possible with all of the summons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:
Toriyama says a lot of things lol

There was only a brief initial load in the year old demo, I'm inclined to believe what's been said about it. And it was even confirmed in the TGS demo impressions.

dramatis said:
As long as transitions don't feel awkward, I'm thrilled. FF12 managed to do visual transition from area to area pretty neatly, despite the bottlenecking in paths between regions.

I'm beginning to wonder about the reason behind why Hope and Vanille's summons haven't been revealed yet. In previous FF titles, is there a pair of summons that can be considered 'connected'? I think Hope and Vanille's summons may be related to each other, although that would put a hole in the 'Vanille is Yuna' theory.

Who knows? If their summons are related, we might actually have a gattai transformation.

Please, do not mention this anymore. My sanity can only take so much.

As for Vanille and Hope, it is possible that they both are summoners. When you consider the fact that the party is split apart so often...

Kagari said:
There was only a brief initial load in the year old demo, I'm inclined to believe what's been said about it. And it was even confirmed in the TGS demo impressions.

Eh, I'll believe your intuition and so called "proof" :p

dramatis said:

There is a possibility that the connection could be even deeper then Yuna had with her Aeons.

lorddarkflare said:
Please, do not mention this anymore. My sanity can only take so much.

As for Vanille and Hope, it is possible that they both are summoners. When you consider the fact that the party is split apart so often...

Or the only party members with CD players. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TheChillyAcademic said:

I'll have the game in hand in less than 2 months anyway, so you'll know either way by then. The type of streaming they've likely got going is possible and has been done before.

TheChillyAcademic said:

There is a possibility that the connection could be even deeper then Yuna had with her Aeons.

Oooh, Human shaped fal'cie? Human shaped summons?

Elios83

dramatis said:

I don't know but from the latest trailer it seems like Vanille is responsible at least for Serah's l'Cie mark (probably for the whole team being cursed/chosen) so she should be an importat character with a mistery behind her ,whether that has also a connection to summons who knows.

Elios83 said:
I don't know but from the latest trailer it seems like Vanille is responsible at least for Serah's l'Cie mark so she should be an importat character with a mistery behind her.

Episode 0 explains when and how Serah became a l'Cie. Apparently the fal'Cie was talking to someone, but I really doubt it was Vanille. If anything, Vanille is just sad becase being a Pulse l'Cie(or any l'Cie) kinda sucks. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom