• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Wedge7

Better late than never with the patch. Its already better than it was on PS3, so I'm happy. Wish it was sooner, but I'll be busy with Valkyria anyways, so its all good. Makes it alot easier to pre-order 13-2 though, thats for sure.

Yes and I am helping him. I think he is open for colabs though.

There are going to be separate OTs for each game.
Cool. Looking forward to an even better OT than this one then \o

I'd try to help, but I can barely find time to play FFXIII as I am, so I'll sit this out.

Maybe I'll ask yoshichan if I can help in LR.

A little late =P

But yes, for better or for worse, here we go.

The journey at Gran Pulse
292120_2014-11-11_000t8uoj.png

292120_2014-11-11_000cts6s.png

292120_2014-11-11_000rcsac.png

292120_2014-11-11_000b0olu.png

292120_2014-11-11_000clq7x.png

Nothing makes Light smile quite like Hope.

Game completed.

You know what? I liked it.
When I played it on the PS3 I dropped it after about 10 hours. On the PC, even accounting for the crap port? Went all the way.

Now I gotta figure out why.

It's not a bad game, it just didn't deliver the hype.

After playing it by myself, that's the only conclusion I got. I can't believe the linearity and a bit of awkward scenes would create this much hate for the game, there's a lot of good stuff here.

ConceptX

Game completed.

You know what? I liked it.
When I played it on the PS3 I dropped it after about 10 hours. On the PC, even accounting for the crap port? Went all the way.

Now I gotta figure out why.

EDIT: Review is up - http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/292120

I did exactly the same on the Xbox 360, and I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, picked up 13, got to the part with Shiva, and just never played it again.

Now on the PC I'm nearly done with Chapter 11, and to be honest, outside of a few flaws, I don't believe it deserves anywhere near the amount of hate it gets, Is it the greatest Final Fantasy ever created? No not to me, but I found it enjoyable.

leazo

Banned
Its only 14 euros, preordering here even if its broken in the same way as XIII cause even if its not the best FF i got around 45 hours out of the game.

Man, I really should get around to giving this another shot in English. I finished the game in Japanese before the English version came out but I couldn't get through it the second time around. All these sexy screenshots are making me want to dig it out again!

But until I do, I'll have some more FF nostalgia to tide me over.

TheTux

Why are they limiting the fps at 60 anyway? Is there some random bug that occurs if the game goes at 60+ fps like faster ATB/gameplay? Can't they just unlock the fps?

Hasney

Man, I really should get around to giving this another shot in English. I finished the game in Japanese before the English version came out but I couldn't get through it the second time around. All these sexy screenshots are making me want to dig it out again!

But until I do, I'll have some more FF nostalgia to tide me over.

English subtitles, but please, not voice. Your ears have probably been through enough in life than to hear Vanille ever speak. We've experienced, but my gift to you is to let you live in ignorance.

This release has dual audio. Please, for the love of God, use it.

It's not a bad game, it just didn't deliver the hype.

After playing it by myself, that's the only conclusion I got. I can't believe the linearity and a bit of awkward scenes would create this much hate for the game, there's a lot of good stuff here.

I don't really felt like it was not meeting the hype that ruined my enjoyment of FF13 when I originally completed it on PS3 back near when it came out. The hours of tutorial were definitely part of it, but when I finished it and experienced the whole story, I just felt kinda annoyed with how everything played out.
I didn't feel like my role was that important in the entire game, it felt like I was a pawn. Not only that, but I was controlling characters who were also pawns for the majority of the game. It was a fluke that they defeated the enemy at the end of the game, because everything they accomplish up til near the very end was exactly what the villain wanted them to do, and I just didn't like that.

As much as I thought I hated Final Fantasy 13 at first, the crazy thing to me is how the sequels ended up making me like the trilogy as a whole. As batshit crazy as the story gets with 13-2 and Lightning Returns, I think I ended up liking the universe more for them. If we had only gotten FF13, and not the other 2, I think it would've ended up being a completely forgettable and one of my least liked entries in the series.

Arthea

Finally finished chapter 7, that's a longass chapter, I somehow forgot how long it is.

So I'm at the open field area in CH11 and I feel like the game got a lot harder suddenly.

yeah, enemies are tougher form this point, some can be too tough for you, depends on levels and equipment

So I got this on launch and tried it out on my tablet (Acer w700 i5) everything was fine.

I decide a little later to install it on my home pc after seeing just how good it can look.

It. Will. Not. Start.

From a quick Google search, it seems I'm not alone in this but no two people have the same solution.

Any ideas?

vareon

I'm in the tower in Chapter 11. I think the game expects you to grind just a bit (or at least complete missions) because I can feel the difficulty ramp increasing. So that's what I did.

Most of my death were because other party members decided not to fight when the leader is down for shits and giggles.

So I got this on launch and tried it out on my tablet (Acer w700 i5) everything was fine.

I decide a little later to install it on my home pc after seeing just how good it can look.

It. Will. Not. Start.

From a quick Google search, it seems I'm not alone in this but no two people have the same solution.

Any ideas?

Hmm, do you run any third party programs like radeonpro, fraps, or D3Doverider?

TheTux

Looks like they've updated their test branch again 7 hours ago.

The last time the test build was made public after 4 days but honestly it would be weird to have a patch in one week when they said it's coming in early December.

Unai

Looks like they've updated their test branch again 7 hours ago.

The last time the test build was made public after 4 days but honestly it would be weird to have a patch in one week when they said it's coming in early December.

Maybe they've realised that patching those options would be easier than expected? One can dream.

TheTux

Maybe they've realised that patching those options would be easier than expected? One can dream.

Honestly I don't care much about those options, I just want them to fix the framerate and CPU/GPU usage issues.

I would be extremely disappointed if they added graphic options but CPU/GPU usage would still be <15%.

Unai

Sure, but solving those issues quickly let them have time to solve the perfomances issues with the budget that was previously expected.

cafemomo

Serah is very cool...why do you hate on her..
You really wanna know the truth?
I went on a media blackout for XIII-2 so I absolutely knew nothing about game prior to me buying it.
With Lightning being in the Amano logo and on the cover I thought she was going to be the main protagonist again for XIII-2 and welp

Top Bottom