• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

HeelPower

You really wanna know the truth?
I went on a media blackout for XIII-2 so I absolutely knew nothing about game prior to me buying it.
With Lightning being in the Amano logo and on the cover I thought she was going to be the main protagonist again for XIII-2 and welp

LOOOL

With that I would agree.

After that grand opening in the game.Serah and Noel are a disappointment.

thanks. maybe with the patch I can run the game with a better resolution.

His character is uninteresting and too safe.

Which is why people like him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt Lightning not even in 13-2? or is in there very little or something?

HeelPower

isnt Lightning not even in 13-2? or is in there very little or something?

She's in the best fight of the entire FF series.But it was DLC.

ff132_04262012_01.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People don't like Noel? Why? He‘s level-headed, sympathetic, consistent, just because he wears silly pants doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to stand by Lightning-sama in the roster.

HeelPower

People don't like Noel? Why? He‘s level-headed, sympathetic, consistent, just because he wears silly pants doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to stand by Lightning-sama in the roster.

He is a basic anime template..that's why he works.

FFXIII characters are not perfect but they had attractive quirks that make them unique and memorable.In my humble opinion anyway.

Glad I'm not the only person who realizes how bad he is. Its like looking at a weird alternate reality when people praise his character.

Don't like caius or yeul either..

I mean the trio is okay ,but they're nothing amazing nor are they better than XIII cast imo.

HeelPower

And he's so dreamy.

Nomura character..Of course he is.

This gets topped by LR's final boss. (Thanks to the PC version we can finally take pictures of it and the area.)

LR's final boss is hella good.

But I think I still like Requiem fight a lot more.

I think its mechanically amazing.Just constantly trying to improve in this fight is very rewarding.

TheTux

So what's your favourite picture so far?

Mine is this one, courtesy of one85x at page 124, he also uploaded other great images.
iblwiOKEZgq5Ja.jpg

By the way they uploaded a new build in their test branch on Steam.

serahsass

Neo Member
You really wanna know the truth?
I went on a media blackout for XIII-2 so I absolutely knew nothing about game prior to me buying it.
With Lightning being in the Amano logo and on the cover I thought she was going to be the main protagonist again for XIII-2 and welp
I have to agree. It was very misleading to put Lightning on the cover when she's barely even in the game, but why take that out on Serah?

Levyne

Banned
At the point of the game where it's a turtle killing simulator for Trap items, CP, and money. But I'm pretty close to the "platinum" so I will just keep at it >___>

Well at least the patch will be out by then, and XIII-2.

Well, I wasn't running the game on 60 anyway, so there were not many issues for me.

And I wanted to beat this before XIII-2... Oh well. At least I'll have plenty of games for this holiday and even for some time next year.

HeelPower

I think Lightning's face design was way better in XIII-2 than LR.

They took out her facial defining features and made her too doll-like.

Her eyes man...How could they mess it up so bad..

HeelPower

There is a reference to FFXIII in Lords of the Fallen.

After you defeat a certain enemy ,you get a trophy called "Its Not a question of can or can't" and you get a weapon called lightning.

lol

Xeinok

Neo Member
I'm playing XIII for the first time on Steam currently and doing it in 1440p 144Hz downscaled from 2160p :) It's so wonderful. This game really relaxes me, I don't quite understand why.

I haven't upgraded any single item yet - is that something I should be doing, haha? I keep telling myself I'll do it if I ever "need" to and I just haven't had trouble with anything yet really. Just arrived on Gran Pulse in the story though.

CentroXer

Banned
I'm playing XIII for the first time on Steam currently and doing it in 1440p 144Hz downscaled from 2160p :) It's so wonderful. This game really relaxes me, I don't quite understand why.

I haven't upgraded any single item yet - is that something I should be doing, haha? I keep telling myself I'll do it if I ever "need" to and I just haven't had trouble with anything yet really. Just arrived on Gran Pulse in the story though.

grind for tetratic tiaras :)

cafemomo

I haven't upgraded any single item yet - is that something I should be doing, haha?

Eh you can beat the game w/o upgrading an item. It's doable.

XIII isn't really that difficult like with any mainline FF titles with an exception to III (DS) and IV (DS)

XIII-2 however is pokemon tier level of difficulty

Xeinok

Neo Member
Eh you can beat the game w/o upgrading an item. It's doable.

XIII isn't really that difficult like with any mainline FF titles with an exception to III (DS) and IV (DS)

XIII-2 however is pokemon tier level of difficulty

Does Pokemon tier mean super easy and I only have to level a single Pidgey to 100?

cafemomo

Does Pokemon tier mean super easy and I only have to level a single Pidgey to 100?

For a FF game, XIII-2 is pretty easy
to put it more of a poke perspective XIII would be Gen I - IV level of difficulty while XIII-2 would be Gen VI level of difficulty

out of the trilogy, LR would be the hardest, then XIII then XIII-2

Apart from the minimal appearance of a certain someone, my other main gripe with XIII-2 that it wasn't really challenging. I mean there was some parts that kept me on my toes, but not a lot compared to past FF games.

Xeinok

Neo Member
For a FF game, XIII-2 is pretty easy
to put it more of a poke perspective XIII would be Gen I - IV level of difficulty while XIII-2 would be Gen VI level of difficulty

out of the trilogy, LR would be the hardest, then XIII then XIII-2

Apart from the minimal appearance of a certain someone, my other main gripe with XIII-2 that it wasn't really challenging. I mean there was some parts that kept me on my toes, but not a lot compared to past FF games.

Ahaha, to be honest I have no idea about the general difficulty of Pokemon games. I only play games with Steam achievements, haha.

Top Bottom