• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

brau

What do you want to know in particular? What GPU do you have?

Feel free to PM me if you need any kind of help.

Sent you a PM.

But for reference here i have a GeForce GTX 460 SE

I really need to update my rig.

I added it to the list and messed around with it for a bit. This is what i got. needs lots of tweaking.

77A03D8D69FE9B88454747B9946DABE2DCAECC82

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Picked this up from SE's store since it hasn't been discounted further on Steam yet.

Really hope they do get around to fixing up this port. Maybe when Lightning Returns comes out we will see some performance fixes and stuff.

Unai

Picked this up from SE's store since it hasn't been discounted further on Steam yet.

Really hope they do get around to fixing up this port. Maybe when Lightning Returns comes out we will see some performance fixes and stuff.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I see that 1080p support was patched in. Is the frame rate also unlocked? Are mods required to fix this port?

They basically patched in the stuff GeDoSaTo already did and nothing else. I think the framerate is capped at 60 but regardless of your settings or hardware you aren't going to maintain it.

Really hope the previous update was a stopgap, and once they have the games out they are going to go back and do some more work on them. Draw distance (so bad on Pulse especially) and model detail (game has higher fidelity models for in-game cutscenes, let us use them!) are both graphical options they could add in, fix the performance problems,
add more foliage to Pulse's barren field

Flandy

Using a controller and for some reason FF13 thinks that X = A/Confirm and A = B/Cancel. B doesn't seem to do anything
Using a Dualshock 4 through DS4Windows if it matters.
Anyone know what's up?

AsianOni

TheTux

That's it. 8K shadow resolution, x8 MSAA and 2160p. The game is smooth enough for me, I don't need the constant 60fps but I got huge fps drops in Eden.

EDIT : SweetFX also.

Thanks!

Maybe I should try Gamersyde ?

Yeah I could tell it wasn't only high MSAA + Shadow Resolution. SweetFX does a very great job too!

May I ask you what your videocard is?

I don't think many people are still playing this game for more than just screenshots =X, but I went back to playing this last week or so.

I loaded an earlier save to remember everything I was doing, but today I fought Barthandelus in Chapter 9.

Holy shit, that was awesome!

It also made me realize that if the game is not having an emotional moment, the dialogue is not bad at all. That scene before the Barthandelus fight was pretty good, so was his "transformation".

20mins to fight him and I got 0 stars though =P

I want to complete this soon to get to XIII-2.

That fight was pretty tiring yes.

Yeeah, thankfully he doesn't have any 1 hit kills (it just leaves you with a pretty low HP, but you have plenty of time for healing), that would suck. But after you defeat the little things throwing magic at you (which is the coolest part of the battle) the rest of the battle should be faster imo. Although I was a bit of a scrub fighting him too...

cafemomo

I don't think many people are still playing this game for more than just screenshots =X, but I went back to playing this last week or so.

I still play it to roam around gran pulse.

which is what I also do whenever I boot up XIII on the PS3 ha.

Hurry up and release already PS4 remake so I can do the same thing on that console!

Using a controller and for some reason FF13 thinks that X = A/Confirm and A = B/Cancel. B doesn't seem to do anything
Using a Dualshock 4 through DS4Windows if it matters.
Anyone know what's up?

used a DS4 since day one. had no issues.

maybe it's a sign that you should of have bought the game at full price you heathen ;)

Unai

I rembember I stopped playing the PS3 version because of the Final Boss' annoying 1 hit KO attack. If got my leader, game over.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall that being a 1HKO? At least assuming I'm thinking of the right thing. It just did a ton of damage and was a near-1HKO, but I had a dual-medic paradigm and was able to heal up quickly since you got a fair amount of time to act afterwards.

That was on the first form though, I don't remember the other form having anything like that.

Adaren

SEN also gives damage reduction to your whole party, so you can swap to a SEN-heavy paradigm to "block" dangerous attacks. It's definitely not an unavoidable OHKO.

AsianOni

Moar screens!

16013728299_f9db07d627_h.jpg

16012305528_913ba26f27_h.jpg

Some great background here.
16013589509_0041c8da0a_h.jpg

I've never payed attention to the details on the ceiling.
16173757656_ecb2a49abb_h.jpg

16013419439_12bf724d54_h.jpg

16012089950_fcce935f1b_h.jpg

16013304649_c6d935fa74_h.jpg

Really like this place.
16011995830_d7572c4807_h.jpg

16199305705_872377bde2_h.jpg

16011852580_6cbf662dea_h.jpg

Those ground textures.
15576759344_78fa9013c4_h.jpg

15576724174_f801f64cf6_h.jpg

My new wallpaper.
16173220846_f1c7fb8a8f_h.jpg

Time to farm the missions now.

Unai

It was one hit KO in one character, no matter he role. There's another atack that cause tons of damage but isn't 1 hit ko. I read that we can use a cherub crowns to prevent it, but I didn't have that item back there.

brau

Are you enjoying the game so far?

Pretty awesome so far. Some cringe worthy dialogue, and the story is a little weird. But i really like the combat, and i just got to the part where i can start upgrading weapons and items.

AND! i love how the game looks at times.

Can't wait to play through this and then the next 2.

brau

Great as always.

You could try using SweetFX too.

Played around with the settings for sweetFX.. i'll post some pics tomorrow morning.

The two samples i did this morning are not too hot. But check it out.

Before
ibc6jQqZDTlDoO.png

After
in8jGccueaNcn.png

Not the best location, and i am pretty sure i can still tweak the values. This is pretty awesome tho. The upgrade at run time looks awesome.

Top Bottom