• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII SE Xbox 360 Console Bundle

imtehman said:
use them?
I've still got my original two controllers... and other than the thumbsticks being completely worn off (I use little rubber tops as replacements), they're in perfect condition.

R-User!

stilgar said:
Yeah, no.
Another wonderfully written expose' about the reason WHY Square-Enix is not releasing a Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy XIII in the U.S. of A. (unless that fact changes).

Yeah, no.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
R-User! said:
A meaningful reply that greatly contributes to this thread...

Yea...

Seriously... I'm curious about what peoples thoughts/ideas about WHY S-E would take the approach that they're taking in regards to the U.S. Market.

You have any fully fleshed-out thoughts on this matter?

Its real easy to understand than most PS3 users know about FF13 while most 360 owners wont know since Final Fantasy hasnt been on a MS system. So S-E pushs marketing on the 360 side. its win-win. PS3 owners buy up FF13 like crazy and the 360 marketing helps push the numbers up on that side gaining S-E more money.

Why are people so hard on for a CE FF13 with shitty pack ins.

imtehman

Banned
Psychotext said:
I've still got my original two controllers... and other than the thumbsticks being completely worn off (I use little rubber tops as replacements), they're in perfect condition.

well when i say break easily, i mean the damn left analog gets stuck and stiff (this has happened to like 4 of the controllers. my black controller right bumper doesn't work, and two are in pristine condition, i have a red one that is used solely by me. all others are used by my cousins and friends who come over.

but anyways, i don't see how me saying the bundle sucks has anything to do with MS.

Owzers

imtehman said:
well when i say break easily, i mean the damn left analog gets stuck and stiff (this has happened to like 4 of the controllers. my black controller right bumper doesn't work, and two are in pristine condition, i have a red one that is used solely by me. all others are used by my cousins and friends who come over.

I have a 4 or so 360 controllers and the analog sticks do get messed up relatively easy, and i take great care of my stuff.

R-User!

Metalic Sand said:
Its real easy to understand than most PS3 users know about FF13 while most 360 owners wont know since Final Fantasy hasnt been on a MS system. So S-E pushs marketing on the 360 side. its win-win. PS3 owners buy up FF13 like crazy and the 360 marketing helps push the numbers up on that side gaining S-E more money.

Why are people so hard on for a CE FF13 with shitty pack ins.
This is the kind of dialogue I'm talking about... Thank you (zero sarcasm).

That makes sense. But how does that explain why S-E isn't releasing a LE version of the game to either or both sides of the HD console fence?

Edit: as far as your edit is concerned: I don't want a crappy pack-in... What I want is the opportunity to decide if the LE is for me or not. I want choices. Just like the other regions and just like for FFXII. I did buy the CE for 12 and I would spend upto 100 for a really nice edition of 13.

OldJadedGamer said:
IMO, this should be the point of every console bundle that has to do with a high profile release game but some companies get lazy and put in stock systems and stock games. Look at how well the MGS4 bundle did with the stock system and stock game. When those things sell, it gives others less incentive to do something special. There was the Gun Metal system but that was a super shitty deal in comparison to the stock system.

Then there is the craziness of the Halo3 system where it didn't even come with the game!!! What idiot marketing monkey came up with this idea? IMO there should be no special bundles that don't have a special console and the LE edition of the game included. Other than that, the only thing special you are getting is the art on the box it comes with.
I agree with the general point of your post, but in the case of the standard MGS4 bundle, don't forget that that was one of the last PS2 BC models. Coupled with a game that many prospective PS3 buyers would've bought anyway, being the last chance to get a BC PS3 was a big incentive. In fact, that bundle quickly sold out, again, after the rerelease at places like Amazon. And that was after MGS4 had already been out for awhile. So, that particular bundle is perhaps not the best example for how well stock game and console bundles sell.

As for the gun metal edition, there was a reason it sold at such a premium. But you can't have it both ways, apparently. So, do you want value, or do you want a custom albeit more expensive system?

sillymonkey321 said:
I have a 4 or so 360 controllers and the analog sticks do get messed up relatively easy, and i take great care of my stuff.
i'd still be using my launch day controller if my little bro didn't drop it and smash the RB :(

Khrno

imtehman said:
use them?

176533134_e611ef3ea7.jpg

Top Bottom