• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus outfit designer lists game as Final Fantasy XV (15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
In general it's good to be skeptical about everything.

If someone makes a claim and it ends up being legit, can always give them more credibility in the future, but still, better to be skeptical.

Can relate to that... either way, can't but be satisfied at last; the experience itself has been worthwhile. Had so much fun these past months.

The fuck is happening here?

I thought posting private messages was banned.

Either way I don't believe this is a PS4 game, why release a PS4 game so early in his life? This game will need massive sales.

Whompa

I wouldn't have said jack shit if the VE department didn't contain a large group of people with twitters, blogs, etc.

Anyway, whatever I have dropped in this thread will be proven pretty soon at this point. I don't care about any credit either, but my account will still be here.

You are so nondescript and vague with everything...

You're not connected at all with Square-Enix, outside of some apparent friendship with someone who works at Visual Works (which I don't see as completely improbable, but based on how much you get called out for bs, I've lost all benefit of the doubt).

You sound like that middle school kid who tells all their unknowing friends how their dad works at Nintendo and that he gets him all the coolest new games that you never heard of.

Either say something genuine, or don't say anything at all. There's no point wasting people's time with fairy tales.

The fuck is happening here?

I thought posting private messages was banned.

Either way I don't believe this is a PS4 game, why release a PS4 game so early in his life? This game will need massive sales.

Final Fantasy X

Releasing a huge FF game on ps3 one year after next gen starts is a much bigger risk.

Zeal

Banned
You're not connected at all with Square-Enix, outside of some apparent friendship with someone who works at Visual Works
None of us here are directly connected with Square, or we wouldn't be posting in this thread. Everything else I share at this point will be given directly to one single mod here and media.

Trying to share something is causing too much animosity at this point because people are so worked up over this game. And FF is not even my series, as you can see.

venderus vs kagari vs halo guy

FIGHT!!

There will only be one winner here.

YWAJg.gif

Exentryk

Zeal was posting and hinting at a "Versus XIII" reveal at the PS Meeting, and the mod in question knew there wouldn't be a reveal of the game at that event weeks before (I know since I told them). After it didn't show, Zeal was making excuses that there was a last minute change, and now he's come out with this glorious piece of information. All of which is basically nonsense and guess work.

So the mod knew there won't be a Versus showing, and still allowed him to spread false rumors?

Personally, I think they maxed out command based RPGs with XI, XII and XIII. What else can they really do? They took it to the limits of complexity with XI, and then tried to make it playable single player in XII. Then XIII took it to the limits of how far a command based game can go towards action.

I disagree. It's one of the most varied genres precisely because you can do so much with it, and that includes undiscovered stuff. Regardless of what you think of the battle system, I don't think anyone would say something like Ni no Kuni is typical in any way, and that's command-based.

If anything, I would say there's less you can do with action than command/turn-based.

Imm0rt4l

You are so nondescript and vague with everything...

You're not connected at all with Square-Enix, outside of some apparent friendship with someone who works at Visual Works (which I don't see as completely improbable, but based on how much you get called out for bs, I've lost all benefit of the doubt).

You sound like that middle school kid who tells all their unknowing friends how their dad works at Nintendo and that he gets him all the coolest new games that you never heard of.

Either say something genuine, or don't say anything at all. There's no point wasting people's time with fairy tales.
My sentiments exactly

Verendus

Banned
So the mod knew there won't be a Versus showing, and still allowed him to spread false rumors?
Why would they take my word as complete truth before an event and ban someone for it? Who am I to them exactly? They have no reason to trust me more than anyone else. I've told them when to expect it, so when it does show up, they'll know whether to trust me a little more or not. Obviously, the fact that it didn't show up at the PS Meeting tells them not to take him seriously.

None of us here are directly connected with Square, or we wouldn't be posting in this thread. Everything else I share at this point will be given directly to one single mod here and media.

Trying to share something is causing too much animosity at this point because people are so worked up over this game. And FF is not even my series, as you can see.
This is really the best course of action at this point.

Whompa

I'm just telling you how it looks from people's perspective...it just seems completely disingenuous and stereotypical of someone to give these illusive tid bits of vague information without saying anything profound, and then claiming to now talk in private because of some imaginary horde of haters.

Either talk, or don't. The worst is when people pussyfoot around something to make something controversial.

Lunar15

I'm really surprised that people are excited. Not trolling, I just mean that, with all the negative attitudes about the company flying around lately, I expected less hype about the series from this point on.

I'm really surprised that people are excited. Not trolling, I just mean that, with all the negative attitudes about the company flying around lately, I expected less hype about the series from this point on.

I want to say people have more faith in Nomura's team to create a good game than Toriyama's, but then at the same time, they've had 7 years to do it.

Many people probably just want it to be good so they won't completely lose faith in the company.

Zeal

Banned
I'm just telling you how it looks from people's perspective...it just seems completely disingenuous and stereotypical of someone to give these illusive tid bits of vague information without saying anything profound, and then claiming to now talk in private because of some imaginary horde of haters.

Either talk, or don't. The worst is when people pussyfoot around something to make something controversial.

This is the only thing I'm gonna respond with, and I will do it in a nice way. If you say something that can make someone lose their job, you will not only look terrible but it also is much worse than a bunch of people hating you on a forum or whatever.

I am going to wait until the marketing campaign and everything begins and then I will be able to post something without fear of causing any trouble.

I am not looking for fame or any kind of following, and I have been a Gaf poster for many, many years, as my history shows. My history also shows I don't have a reputation of pulling stunts for no reason.

At least give me the credit of seeing I have been around long enough to justify my presence.

Exentryk

Why would they take my word as complete truth before an event and ban someone for it?

If not before the event, then why not after the event? As you said:

1. Mod knows Versus won't show.
2. Zeal is hinting Versus will show.
3. Versus no show.
4. Why no repercussions then?

You'd think spreading false rumors on GAF would be bannable, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom