• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus outfit designer lists game as Final Fantasy XV (15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
I'd wish versus will PS4 and an early title. Gives me just another reason to pick up a PS4 early. Just imagine the cover.Final Fantasy XVersus anyone?

Zukuu

Banned
... What If this title ends up a failure..

Oh man..

We're talking Square Enix and Final Fantasy.

Would you honestly be surprised?

At this point, square can ONLY impress me. I expect the shitiest shitfucks ever shat, when it comes to a new FF. And I wish I'm wrong... so wrong... :'(

If this turns out to be true I wouldn't be surprised, makes sense why they've been on a media blackout if they were changing it to XV and possibly were pushing it to the PS4.

Eusis

guys it on ps3

nes
final fantasy
final fantasy ii
final fantasy iii

snes
final fantasy iv
final fantasy v
final fantasy vi

ps1
final fantasy vii
final fantasy viii
final fantasy ix

ps2
final fantasy x
final fantasy xi
final fantasy xii

ps3
final fantasy xiii
final fantasy xiv
???
I have to admit, this is the biggest reason I'd even want it to be FFXV. We have a trilogy each gen, but we're close to not fulfilling that quota this time despite several trilogies coming and going! And Vs XIII isn't even in the same world as XIII (there's the mythos but how many used Crystals in a similar fashion?) so screw it, just make it XV and call it a day (and get it on PS3 for sure even if you go Twilight Princess.)

neptunes

Are we still on this? Guys ... seriously ...

It wasn't. They announced it too early. Development didn't start in any meaningful way until several years after that first trailer.

Figured as much, there's no way SE would take 7 years to develop a single game.

Shinta

Banned
And the new FF game SE reveals at E3 this year will suffer the same fate.

Honestly, I don't think so at all. Luminous is already mostly complete ahead of time, and allows much faster real time editing. And PS4 is far easier to work on.

They managed to make FF games for 25 years without issues like that, so having one generation give them trouble doesn't mean they're doomed forever. The cell architecture was just extremely problematic.

xion4360

I have to admit, this is the biggest reason I'd even want it to be FFXV. We have a trilogy each gen, but we're close to not fulfilling that quota this time despite several trilogies coming and going! And Vs XIII isn't even in the same world as XIII (there's the mythos but how many used Crystals in a similar fashion?) so screw it, just make it XV and call it a day (and get it on PS3 for sure even if you go Twilight Princess.)

we have a trilogy of XIII games and 14... thats already what we got on PS2. If you count DOCFFVII well officially Versus is still a PS3 game until stated otherwise.

And the new FF game SE reveals at E3 this year will suffer the same fate.

There is no rule saying they must repeat the same mistakes.. everything seems to suggest that wont happen. Luminous Studio is up and running and the PS4 is far less complex.

neptunes

Honestly, I don't think so at all. Luminous is already mostly complete ahead of time, and allows much faster real time editing. And PS4 is far easier to work on.

They managed to make FF games for 25 years without issues like that, so having one generation give them trouble doesn't mean they're doomed forever. The cell architecture was just extremely problematic.

Do you think its delay problems were purely technical? or was there more at play going on behind the scenes?

because there was no technical excuse for FF12's delay.

synce

Whoever made the list forgot about 10-2, 13-2, 13-LR, and countless PS1 spinoffs (not so much on PS2 and PS3 due to increased dev time and cost).

Anyway Square already said they have a new PS4 FF to show at E3, I think it's safe to say that's FF15 and if this guy says he's working on FF15 and not V13... well do the math.

Eusis

we have a trilogy of XIII games and 14... thats already what we got on PS2. If you count DOCFFVII well officially Versus is still a PS3 game until stated otherwise.

Whoever made the list forgot about 10-2, 13-2, 13-LR, and countless PS1 spinoffs (not so much on PS2 and PS3 due to increased dev time and cost).
Fuck that noise, I'm only caring about proper numbered entries for this pattern, not sequels to numbered entries or spin-offs. Similar to how Ultima's a "trilogy of trilogies" despite having Ultima VI spin-offs and its own Ultima VII-2.

Of course this is just a sort of OCD kind of wish and not something to make a big truly big deal out of, going four generations with new mainline games each is already impressive.

Shinta

Banned
Do you think it's delay problems were purely technical? or was there more at play going on behind the scenes?

They admitted they had some management issues internally as well during XIII's creation, and were pretty transparent about it. They said it would take them 2 years to fully implement their restructuring plans, or something to that effect. Difficulty communicating with big teams and stuff.

Well that was 4 years ago. And they have put out XIII-2, remade XIV into A Realm Reborn, and made Lightning Returns in ~2 years a piece. Also, Versus just entered full production not that long ago, meaning that before that they just kept it focused on a small team that was getting the core game concepts down, which is the opposite of how they handled XIII's development.

They've also purchased Eidos, so if there are any management/development techniques that western studios use to improve workflow that Japanese companies don't use, they have full access to that information now.

I just honestly don't see a lot of reason to be overly skeptical. Things are looking up for them in a major way. 2 Crystal Dynamics artists worked on Agni's Philosophy, and Tomb Raider is currently blowing my mind right now because it's so good. They just have access to a ton of talent in a bunch of different areas. I'm expecting great things, especially next gen.

xion4360

Fuck that noise, I'm only caring about proper numbered entries for this pattern, not sequels to numbered entries or spin-offs. Similar to how Ultima's a "trilogy of trilogies" despite having Ultima VI spin-offs and its own Ultima VII-2.

Of course this is just a sort of OCD kind of wish and not something to make a big truly big deal out of, going four generations with new mainline games each is already impressive.

It doesnt matter what you think "that noise" is. they are games that require development time and money. we got 5 Final Fantasy games on PS2 and 5 out or on the way for PS3. its the same.

Nothing you or anyone else here can sway me. The damage has long been done. I expect the worst from SE now and, especially in recent times, it's hard for me to get "excited" about anything they plan on announcing or revealing.

This is what that company has shaped me into this generation.

Its your problem if you refuse to be subjective.

doemaaan

Nothing you or anyone else here can sway me. The damage has long been done. I expect the worst from SE now and, especially in recent times, it's hard for me to get "excited" about anything they plan on announcing or revealing.

This is what that company has shaped me into this generation.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
E3 better hurry up.

doemaaan

Nothing, because it's a tech demo, not a game.

Every time you watch that demo, it says "Tech Demo" at the beginning and the end. Why some people believe that it will still become a game is beyond me. It's just like with the FF7 tech demo. It ain't happenin', regardless of what SE says about it.

I am curious though. Has there ever been a game released based on its' tech demo?

They had an exclusive deal with Sony for Versus on the PS3... but they want dat multi-plat money.

Solution: Cancel Versus, wait for next gen, rename it FFXV, release on PS4, WiiU, NextBox

brrrrr

xion4360

They had an exclusive deal with Sony for Versus on the PS3... but they want dat multi-plat money.

Solution: Cancel Versus, wait for next gen, rename it FFXV, release on PS4, WiiU, NextBox

brrrrr

If on WiiU why not PS3/360 also.

RAPTURE -> Final Fantasy XIV

not the same. Agnii's Philosophy is clearly meant to be nothing more than a tech demo. By clear I mean they said so.

If Versus becomes XV, and if they want to upgrade the games graphics for the PS4...

How many more years will it take to actually release?

Less than starting from scratch?... cant really say with square but it might be at least a years worth of work to build all of the assets and stuff.

If Versus becomes XV, and if they want to upgrade the games graphics for the PS4...

Soriku

brrrrr

I highly doubt they did.

But if they did I imagine part of the deal would include the statement "finish and release the game"...

Astral

Maybe they've already been doing it. It's the only explanation I can think of for the game taking so damn long to be released.

Those amongst you saying that Agni will not become a game seem to be forgetting the survey Square put up on the net immediately after E3 last year.

Sakimoto said that we'd see a "new" Final Fantasy at this year's E3, yes ? Here's my prediction: Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be renamed to XV, and Agni will be revealed to be Final Fantasy XVI. Both games will be announced at the Sony press conference.

I'm calling it.

Mario007

brrrrr
And sour relationssship with Sony and be liable in damages or even specific performance to Sony if there was a contract. Also Nomura works on one platform only. Square could do a port, as he already said, but he'll develop it for one platform in mind.

AlucardGV

Banned
not really surprised by that. when S-E guy said something about E3 and new ff at the sony event i (and probably everyone) tought "they'll just rename versus"

doemaaan

Maybe they've already been doing it. It's the only explanation I can think of for the game taking so damn long to be released.

The only thing I can say to back this up, is that the last footage we saw was based on that 7 minute, 2011 trailer, right? IIRC, Nomura said that, that footage was taken from an earlier build. SO.. here we are, two and a half years later and nothing has been shown since. I wouldn't be surprised if versus undergoing the next gen treatment, but I still have a hard time believing it.

MrDenny

Those amongst you saying that Agni will not become a game seem to be forgetting the survey Square put up on the net immediately after E3 last year.

Sakimoto said that we'd see a "new" Final Fantasy at this year's E3, yes ? Here's my prediction: Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be renamed to XV, and Agni will be revealed to be Final Fantasy XVI. Both games will be announced at the Sony press conference.

I'm calling it.
Yeah, not gonna happen. Survey can mean anything.
LR, and FFXV will be there already, why announce XVI when the others aren't even released yet.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Survey can mean anything.
LR, and FFXV will be there already, why announce XVI when the others aren't even released yet.

Have you ever seen a company sending out a survey asking its fans if they'd like to see their latest tech demo turned into a game ? Not me. This is a first. The survey doesn't confirm anything besides them thinking about it. It may be a long shot, but that does not negate the chances of it happening.

t-storm

That doesnt make sense.. who cares if the game was already announced under a different name, people still want that game more than 13 or 14..they wont care if its 15.
Uh, yes some would care? Speak for yourself.

It would be the ultimate admission of failure. Although nothing from SE surprises me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom