• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I have 2 Fantasia potions. 1 for being legacy, and 1 for the veteran rewards. I'm contempating using 1 and making the most hideous Roe possible and terrifying people and then using the second one to go back to my normal cat. However, I am very scared of being STUCK as a Roe if I go to use 2nd potion and get some sort of "you must wait 1 month" error message after I try to go back.

Got relic+1 and full DL on SMN, Starting to work on DL set for PLD, but now I'm torn on wether to spend my next 900 myth tomes on SMN, or use them to +1 PLD relics when I get those sometime this week.

Anyone here cleared a Preatorium speed run in under 20 mins?

My record is 20 mins 21 seconds.

Ok, as a Paladin I would appreciate it if someone can provide a few pointers.

When in a party and am facing the boss of a dungeon, I pretty much have no issues getting aggro from the main boss.

However, when minions start appearing, should be focusing on the them as well? I try do get all the aggro by using flash on nearby enemies, but sometimes to no success.

If the minions are actually dangerous, your off-tank should be getting them. That's what the off-tank is there for.

If the minions hit for trivial damage, the DPS can just burn them down while you keep the big ugly busy.

Either way, the MT is generally not chasing adds in this game's dungeons. The 4-mans usually have trivial adds and the DPS just burns them. The 8-mans are designed for an MT and an OT, with the exception of Titan HM which is a one-tank affair, and speedruns of CM and Praetorium usually run with just one tank and one healer.

Ala Alba

Just finished the story, and really enjoyed it. My friends and I decided to try out Ifrit HM. Our first 2 runs went off without a hitch, even tho our first run had my friend main tanking as a War and the OT was a War as well. Things hit the fan during our 3rd run though, we got a BLM who we believed was using a controller and more or less ate every plume and charge. I was rezzing him like 4 times a fight (as a SMN) and we wiped enough times til someone bailed. Is it possible to do endgame content using a controller? I know turning speeds are slower but idk if its enough to get you killed everytime. I guess I'm just glad I decided to pick this up for PC instead of PS3

I use a controller on the pc, and have absolutely no problems running out of aoe (as both PLD and BLM).

The only time you should blame a controller user is if they won't use a keyboard to communicate.

Totakeke

The MT or the only tank can chase after adds as long it doesn't involve pulling boss aoe all over the group, the tank can maintain threat on all targets, and the healers can keep up.

I always find the insistence of dps to tank some encounter adds a bit silly if it doesn't take me much to tank the boss and the add at the same time. I'd rather the healer heal me then split their attention to the dps tanking or kiting the add.

One thing I didn't have to learn or use until I was on CoB which I also didn't see anyone stating previously was doing 1-2 rotations until the add pops then target the add and use the 3rd skill in the combo on the add. That'll let you hold aggro on the new add immediately. Also remember that your tank threat is basically a scale off your dps. So increased dps = more threat.

I use a controller on the pc, and have absolutely no problems running out of aoe (as both PLD and BLM).

The only time you should blame a controller user is if they won't use a keyboard to communicate.

Ah ok, so it seems like we just got a terrible BLM, good to know controller players aren't gimped in dungeon content

Aeana

ff14-tent.png

Personal tent~

Artorias

Banned
Just finished the story, and really enjoyed it. My friends and I decided to try out Ifrit HM. Our first 2 runs went off without a hitch, even tho our first run had my friend main tanking as a War and the OT was a War as well. Things hit the fan during our 3rd run though, we got a BLM who we believed was using a controller and more or less ate every plume and charge. I was rezzing him like 4 times a fight (as a SMN) and we wiped enough times til someone bailed. Is it possible to do endgame content using a controller? I know turning speeds are slower but idk if its enough to get you killed everytime. I guess I'm just glad I decided to pick this up for PC instead of PS3

I don't think a controller would slow anyone down in movement. Plenty of PC players are using controllers as well.

I guess camera control would be slower but its 3d movement, so if turning was indeed the problem maybe he/she was keyboard turning.

Karuyag

I don't think a controller would slow anyone down in movement. Plenty of PC players are using controllers as well.

I guess camera control would be slower but its 3d movement, so if turning was indeed the problem maybe he/she was keyboard turning.

You can adjust camera speed and analog stick sensitivity/deadzones...

Movement is not an issue for me. I use controller on PC... I have 2 relics now (which implies I beat Titan at least twice)... and no I didn't leech or pay for them.

wrongway

Fun night tonight. Had my first run at AK (thanks again Tiv and Bookey [and Freyja, I guess] for helpin this newbie out), so I finally got my GC rank up and bought my level 50 GC weapons. Then went and had a couple nice smooth runs of WP, which was most welcome after the repeat wipes at the flan boss last night.

Also, lol Leo XD

Tarazet

I kept resisting using the mining leve cards, until I went to sell my mountain of mythril ore and they went for 1800g a stack. Then I realized that the Cordials go for 800-1000g apiece, and each leve gives you 500g besides. It's depressing but it's more rewarding not to mine at least so far, except for shards and maybe Bomb Ash because people need so much steel.

I kept resisting using the mining leve cards, until I went to sell my mountain of mythril ore and they went for 1800g a stack. Then I realized that the Cordials go for 800-1000g apiece, and each leve gives you 500g besides. It's depressing but it's more rewarding not to mine at least so far, except for shards and maybe Bomb Ash because people need so much steel.

I don't understand what you're saying. I was thinking about starting mining to make some money.

Amon-Lau

Fun night tonight. Had my first run at AK (thanks again Tiv and Bookey [and Freyja, I guess] for helpin this newbie out), so I finally got my GC rank up and bought my level 50 GC weapons. Then went and had a couple nice smooth runs of WP, which was most welcome after the repeat wipes at the flan boss last night.

Also, lol Leo XD

Dang, I really need to do my run as well, need more free time for XIV! >.<

Tarazet

I don't understand what you're saying. I was thinking about starting mining to make some money.

For leveling, it seems more profitable to use the leves (which don't give you anything to sell other than Cordial consumables) than to actually grind out the mats. If you just want to make money, get Mining and Botany up to 20 and then farm shards. They sell like crazy for high prices and can be mined at level 1, but getting to 20 first makes it easier since you get an ability to improve your yield. The market for the stuff from unspoiled nodes at 50 is much narrower.

If you watch the market you can see the price of middle to upper lvl mining materials plumet in price as people level their mining. Happened to Mythril and is now happening to Electrum on my server, tho interesting thing is Silver is going back up since I'm assuming the supply of Silver is starting to dry out. I think if you level mining with everyone else, there's probably not alot of profit to be made, though if you are doing so to keep in line with your crafting you'd definitely be saving a ton

Amon-Lau

This. Everything just got busy all of a sudden x_x

I know, thankfully I got a 9 day holiday vacation on the way which should let me catch up to some of my friends~ xP

If we don't cross paths during the week, I'll definitely do it with ya over the weekend. I imagine Freyja will be game too :D
Sweet, things will finally open up for me this Wednesday leaving me plenty of time to catch up with you guys~ xP

Tarazet

If you watch the market you can see the price of middle to upper lvl mining materials plumet in price as people level their mining. Happened to Mythril and is now happening to Electrum on my server, tho interesting thing is Silver is going back up since I'm assuming the supply of Silver is starting to dry out. I think if you level mining with everyone else, there's probably not alot of profit to be made, though if you are doing so to keep in line with your crafting you'd definitely be saving a ton

That reminds me of something else I noticed. I wanted to try for the Golden Hammer achievement, since I figured it would be a nice way to spiritbind my gear and get a fancy table for vanity's sake. Went through enough mats to get the achievement for Steel (i.e. 21-30), and realized that nothing was happening spiritbond wise. I bought a couple of rings with + spiritbond rating and made some more.. not only did nothing happen, but the new rings didn't even bind to me! When I then made a Darksteel Nugget - that made them bind to me and start the spiritbonding.

So if there's too big of a level difference between you and what you're gathering, crafting or murdering, no spiritbind for you. Not even a small one - zero.

Dunan

It's a Summoner spell called Tri-Disaster

Looks like I know what job I'll be moving into soon, then! (Does Summoner work better with Thaumaturge + Conjurer, or with an Archer? Was considering something non-magic-related next.)

Meciu

A quick question. I have a PS3 version of the game. If I now buy a PC version, will I get another free 30 days of subscription and be able to play on PS3 instead of PC? I can always buy a 60 day card but i'm just curious if I can do that.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
A quick question. I have a PS3 version of the game. If I now buy a PC version, will I get another free 30 days of subscription and be able to play on PS3 instead of PC? I can always buy a 60 day card but i'm just curious if I can do that.

If you buy a new version, you will have 30 days and also the ability to play on PC and PS3.

lupin23rd

Finished first time through Darkhold, wasn't too bad but due to some bad luck we finished with 6 minutes left heh

Props to the healer who was the only one who had done it before and helped out quite a bit (although unlikely to be a GAF member).

Anyone know what the deal is when you try to turn in something at the grand company personnel officer, and it just goes back to the previous window?

KeRaSh

I already own the PC edition from 1.0 and I heard the PS4 controller will work natively on the PC when it launches in November. I might use it to play the PC version until the PS4 version comes out. Not a fan of the 360 controller, otherwise I'd already play on PC...

Wow WTF's going on with SE's servers?! They said there'll be maintenance on JP servers, yet I got kicked out of my NA Hyperion world and can't get back in despite having "excellent" connection.

i haven't looked around yet. i used to get the highest level item, but that's not possible here. i want to get the blue armor asap if it isn't too expensive.

Not sure what you mean by blues?

As far as I'm aware the best armor you can get for crafters and gatherers is the crafted HQ greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom