• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later

That's all I've seen tonight.

Ricck

That's all I've seen tonight.

same here... it's a complete mess!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got my 20 digit code on on a webpage immediately after without an e-mail:
73Sz7uT.png
It linked me to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na to enter my 20 digit code, but I get a region error:
On reddit there are people with codes from SE, GMG, and Amazon with the same issue.

RK9039

Yeah I'm getting Error 3, but the game registered under my profile. Which is funny because that was where I first registered my game but SE took it down from my profile because I wasn't supposed to use it there :/

This is what they sent me after I emailed them taking my game off my profile:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with registering your 18-digit pre-order code.

It should be noted that the pre-order code you have received should not be registered on the Square Enix Members website. Although the pre-order code is in the same format as a Members registration code, it will not work correctly with the Members website registration system.

Any registrations which users have attempted to make in the past using a pre-order code have now been removed from the Members system. Unfortunately if you have a digital pre-order copy of the game which has been purchased outside of the SE Store, you will not be able to register the game on the Members website.

In order to register your pre-order code, you should go to the following website: http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/gb from 20th August
If you register your email address on the website at the moment, you will be notified as soon as the pre-order/early access registration has been made available.

For further information regarding the pre-order codes, please visit the following website:
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5383&la=2&kid=67923

We are very sorry for any confusion this may have caused. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I used the code I got on the original confirmation email, but got error 1-Is that the wrong code?

Looks like some are getting 1 mixed with 3.

Yeah I'm getting Error 3, but the game registered under my profile. Which is funny because that was were I first registered my game but SE took it down from my profile because I wasn't supposed to use it there :/

Better than have the "The code region is inapplicable" error. :/

LegatoB

I've also gotten my 20-digit code from entering the code GMG gave me for an NA copy, and I also get a region error trying to enter it on the site provided. Since it's happening to people who've bought from Amazon and so on, too, I'm going to assume it's an error on S-E's side for now. It's pretty funny that they felt the need to divide purchase codes up by region for an MMO with the same worldwide servers and such.

WolvenOne

Error 3 for me, so the server is being smashed.

You know, you'd think by now Square would have learned not to use low capacity servers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah I'm getting Error 3, but the game registered under my profile. Which is funny because that was where I first registered my game but SE took it down from my profile because I wasn't supposed to use it there :/

Were you asking about a EU code? I wonder if they want people from NA to go there.

I have my Amazon code, but when I try to log into the preorder site, it wants me to fill out more info like I'm creating a new account or something, and when I do it just says there is a problem.

Well shit. How do I unregister the game then? Why would it even WORK on that site?

theta11

What's more confusing is that they wait this late to sort out code redemption. Taking care if it last month would have made sure everyone wouldn't be trying to do it once as well as give them enough time to sort out errors with the system.

The fact that things are being left to the last possible minute worries me. Especially when it comes to them meeting content deadlines in the future.

Wait we are supposed to get another 20 digit code after inputting the code from GMG? All I see is problem please try again later but the game is listed as registered in my profile. Where do I get this 20 digit code?

RK9039

Were you asking about a EU code? I wonder if they want people from NA to go there.

Yeah it was an EU code, but it's the same thing. The EU/NA site are the same, when I registered the game the first time it showed up on the EU and the NA site. It was taken down though, but now it's back up.

I don't know how to unregister the game. But the site is down now so they might be fixing it.

Yeah it was an EU code, but it's the same thing. The EU/NA site are the same, when I registered the game the first time it showed up on the EU and the NA site. It was taken down though, but now it's back up.

I don't know how to unregister the game. But the site is down now so they be fixing it.

I hope so...I'm not worried in any way that I'll get to play the game, I'm just not looking forward to F5ing their Twitter feed and this thread for four days looking for solutions.

So we're all good for another free year right? Version 3.0 titled "Infrastructure" due in 2014 will probably implement billing and registration system. Honestly I just can't understand how they didn't put more foresight into some of these things. I guess I should have found it strange they didn't let us register these codes when we bought the game.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Yeah, looks like SE got confused and switched around how to handle EU and NA. There were people in NA being directed to the EU site and EU people being directed to NA.

Can't say I'm really surprised with the mess today.

SE has been half-assing account management for years. They better have nailed it with Mog Station. I really have no desire to slog through another horribly implemented account system for the next few years.

Berordn

So I keep getting errors, but this has shown up on my profile:

Umm, no. I said PS3

Yeah, I clicked PC and mine says PS3. Thing's a fucking mess.

They probably could've avoided this whole debacle if they'd just issued real codes like they did for JP. This whole roundabout mess with two unassociated accounts is pointless.

Really sad SE is failing on the smallest things that when added up is turning a lot of people off of the game. Come on SE, get your shit together already.

TheContact

I preordered from GameStop toady and got the early access code but like a lot of you I've been trying to enter it in all day and it keeps saying Error try again later..grrr

I got an EU code too, the site says its region is wrong.

Contacted GMG support, but got a stupid automated message. This is after they assured me back in may that the region was correct.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got an EU code too, the site says its region is wrong.

Contacted GMG support, but got a stupid automated message. This is after they assured me back in may that the region was correct.

VIA reddit:

Me too. I just off the support chat with them (relevant bit):
You: Just from reading around it looks like I was given a EU code (RAAE), instead of a NA one (RAAU)
Agent Thomas A: Yes, you were in this case.
Agent Thomas A: We are actively investigating this.
You: ahhh ok, so this is common then ?
Agent Thomas A: I dont have too much info, other then we are aware of this and we will contact you as soon as possible.
He couldn't give me an ETA, but said ASAP.. hopefully that's by Friday :p

ughhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom