• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Oh, has there been any word on CE unboxings or anyone getting them early? I'd kinda like to see if the contents are REALLY $80 worthy.
Yoshi-P showed a very small "unboxing" during their last Live Letter VIII. The contents look really good. The art book is nicely-sized and has a see-through slipcover over it. The box looks to be made of some nice thick cardboard, and the illustration on it [as you well know] it amazing. On top of that, the art cards are bigger than I thought they would be. They showed the DVD/Game Case, as well as the OST [it's pretty standard, what you'd expect].

It comes down to that art book, though. To me, that's worth the additional cost on its own.

Vlodril

I ve been trying all day now and still i cannot get passed the "there was a problem" error..

Trying again tomorrow i guess. Unbelievable how bad this whole system is implemented..

Windam

Scaley member
Couldn't redeem my code this morning because servers were tming out. Can't redeem it now because "An error has occurred.". C'mon, S-E. :/

chrono01

Still waiting on my early access code or whatever. They shipped out my collector's edition though...
Square Enix's online store, I assume?

If so, check your confirmation email. My pre-order code is listed near the end of it in a separate section.

My Collector's Edition shipped as well [PC]! Of course since I live in Canada, and didn't choose to pay for the $30+ shipping, I'll probably have to wait for 2-3 weeks to receive it. ~_~

TheContact

I bet they shut the redemption service off for NA at least until they fix the EU codes being sent out. I'm just going to try late tonight or tomorrow

Zabant

SE has always been fucking terrible at website design and account management. PlayOnline can attest to that.

The way they have it so there's 4 different accounts linked to the SE website, Your Square Enix ID Your Square Enix Profile Your PlayOnline Account and The actual website/forum profile is lunacy, how could a company as big as SE allow such a mess to continue?

BooJoh

For anyone still trying to enter your XXXXXX-000-XXXXXX-000 code for NA, I suggest you STOP NOW until you hear otherwise. Mine (from GMG) just finally went through and sure enough, it gave me a 20 digit EU code and now it says "The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account."

Simian

I was getting the same error 3 until i gave up, then i checked my account and it says that it registered on 8/21/2013 for pc. So i'm guessing i'm ok? i pre-ordered the NA version, and i have been reading that some got a EU code, is there a way to check which one i got?

Ferrio

Banned
I was getting the same error 3 until i gave up, then i checked my account and it says that it registered on 8/21/2013 for pc. So i'm guessing i'm ok? i pre-ordered the NA version, and i have been reading that some got a EU code, is there a way to check which one i got?

No you're not okay. That code is suppose to give you a 20 digit code afterwards that you have to enter else where.

Kyoufu

If you haven't gotten a 20 digit code then you should be worried. :p

edit: beaten

For anyone still trying to enter your XXXXXX-000-XXXXXX-000 code for NA, I suggest you STOP NOW until you hear otherwise. Mine (from GMG) just finally went through and sure enough, it gave me a 20 digit EU code and now it says "The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account."

I'm glad I read this before I confirmed - wow, what a clusterfuck :(

Eusis

Well the unfortunate part of this is not whether its worth $80 anymore but whether its worth the insane mark up it will be receiving now that there aren't anymore available.
I already have it pre-ordered actually, so that's more a matter of if I should hold on to it or not. If I didn't have it I'd just pre-order the regular version and call it a day.
Yoshi-P showed a very small "unboxing" during their last Live Letter VIII. The contents look really good. The art book is nicely-sized and has a see-through slipcover over it. The box looks to be made of some nice thick cardboard, and the illustration on it [as you well know] it amazing. On top of that, the art cards are bigger than I thought they would be. They showed the DVD/Game Case, as well as the OST [it's pretty standard, what you'd expect].

It comes down to that art book, though. To me, that's worth the additional cost on its own.
Thanks, good to hear the artbook sounds good at least, I'll need to find this and see for myself.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm in the process of waiting in a 3 hour queue to talk to customer support about getting the wrong 20 digit region code.

The chat log that was linked on another forum had them asking the codes and contact email, so, Iunno, I guess I want them to have my information if getting this resolved isn't easy.

Isaccard

This thread...

Slide-down-stairs.gif

Windam

Scaley member
Okay, so I'm guessing GMG sent me a code meant for EU players. Won't bother trying to register it anymore. Anyway, I'm confused as fuck with SE's site now. Let me get this straight. There is Square Enix Members and Square Enix Account. So now when I go to the NA SE website it appears to be neither of these accounts but something new. None of my registered games from SE Members have transferred over and I had to make a new display name. The hell is going on?

I bought FFXIV CE for the first time it came out, when do I get to play this game again? haha

On release day right? I dont get early access correct?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Okay, so I'm guessing GMG sent me a code meant for EU players. Won't bother trying to register it anymore. Anyway, I'm confused as fuck with SE's site now. Let me get this straight. There is Square Enix Members and Square Enix Account. So now when I go to the NA SE website it appears to be neither of these accounts but something new. None of my registered games from SE Members have transferred over and I had to make a new display name. The hell is going on?

It looks like the issue on SE's side, not GMG. A CS rep said as much, and it has been reported to happen with Amazon and SE codes as well.

tenchir

I tried to redeem code for ps3 version, got the error 3, check my profile and saw this:

FF.png

Am I screwed? How long does it take for the code to get email to me?

I already have it pre-ordered actually, so that's more a matter of if I should hold on to it or not. If I didn't have it I'd just pre-order the regular version and call it a day.

Thanks, good to hear the artbook sounds good at least, I'll need to find this and see for myself.

If you decide against, it, I might be willing to take it off your hands. Been trying to find one. PS3 or PC?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's only the pre-order game codes that can be entered now, correct? Or is the page to enter the pre-order bonus items code also up at this time?

Askani

We need Lionel Mandrake to pop in this thread with his Malcolm McDowell picture and give us "The Story So Far" posts about the login problems on top of every page. lol

Windam

Scaley member
It looks like the issue on SE's side, not GMG. It's has been reported to happen with Amazon and SE codes as well.

SE needs to get shit together. It's baffling how unorganized all this seems. Also, na.square-enix.com says I've been a member since 2010, but I remember having a Members account since at least 2008, when I won the FFIV contest for the DS case. Wtf? I can't keep track of all these accounts, and I've no idea if my Members and SE account were linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom