• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjord

He should have gotten an email inviting him to the beta and at that point could've set up his old 1.0 game to be superseded by ARR. This is what happened to me. Now, I'll get ARR for free and I've been in each beta. I don't know what will happen to your friend though if he didn't do this and this shit is bananas.

In the worst case scenario, the pre-order bonuses will be tied to an account that is not the FFXIV account, right? Oh shit... certainly that couldn't be true? That's a nightmare situation right there.

Sorry you misunderstand me, he is still getting the game for free, collector's item bonuses and was allowed into beta 3 and 4. The issue is people who bought 1.0 and paid for less than 6 months are not allowed into the early access.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, if people wanted to play an MMO that's already established, there are a lot of choices out there. Some people really enjoy getting in on the ground level with an MMO.

I don't know why this keeps coming up. Things are the way they are, and SE has catered to both legacy players and new folks.

This comes up because Non legacy folks insist otherwise on their agenda. IF anything, we legacy folks have kept extremely quiet since few topics ago.

When you went to the site specified, it ask for your email. Once entered they gave you a message stating that SE would email you with further information when the time came to redeem you pre-order bonuses.

I think people ultimately jumped the gun and broke the system since no emails were ever sent out (from SE).

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlypre?rgn=eu&lng=en

For all countries outside of Japan, registration of the pre-order bonus code is scheduled to begin on the 20th of August, 2013.

In order to log in to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn during the early access period, you must first register your pre-order code. Please follow the onscreen instructions to complete registration.

This page is for the registration of Windows pre-order codes only. For pre-order codes on the PlayStation®3, please register through PlayStation®Store.

Yet nowhere on their own site did they say to wait for an email. Just that code redemption was scheduled to begin on the 20th.

grendelrt

Yet nowhere on their own site did they say to wait for an email. Just that code redemption was scheduled to begin on the 20th.

And on top of that they changed the site from saying come back later to please enter your code today. Registration started today, but they screwed it up, which really isnt surprising considering how horrid their account systems have been in the past.

omlet

A lot of people prefer to have and be on fresh servers. That's why legacy toons are locked to legacy servers and a good portion of the servers are non-legacy.

Yeah, and that's fine, I get that. But acting like it's some kind of impossible insurmountable hurdle to start fresh on a legacy server is ridiculous as demonstrated by basically every other MMO that hasn't done what ARR is doing. What next, you're going to tell people not to play the game once an expansion comes out since the whole server will be at max level?

BooJoh

I know that when I first got my Amazon code a few weeks ago, after preorder, and went to the site they told me and entered something, it told me that I would get an email when they were ready to take the codes. I haven't gotten that email yet so I haven't tried to put in any code yet. Has anyone actually gotten that email from square, or was this all people jumping the gun/GMG sending out an email themselves about it?

At the very least, SE has basically acknowledged that the site is supposed to be working right now, but have only publicly admitted that it's having server congestion. You would think a responsible company would've yanked the preorder page and put up a page explaining that they're working on an error (the one giving NA players EU codes) instead of continuing to let this spiral out of control, as most people who manage to get through the congestion are probably then creating support tickets for their invalid code.

SE's public acknowledgements can be seen here:
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN
http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5382&la=1

Hey guys, is anybody else missing registered games on their members pages? All of my SE registered games are missing from my members profile :(

When I try to change http://eu.square-enix.com/members to http://na.square-enix.com/members, I'm getting an ERROR_404_DESCRIPTION page.

Sorry you misunderstand me, he is still getting the game for free, collector's item bonuses and was allowed into beta 3 and 4. The issue is people who bought 1.0 and paid for less than 6 months are not allowed into the early access.

No need to be sorry :) And I think you are correct with regard to early access with the exception that those who pre-order the game will also get early access; however, this is proving to be an issue for the time being as well.

What new SE site?

http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Xilium

And on top of that they changed the site from saying come back later to please enter your code today. Registration started today, but they screwed it up, which really isnt surprising considering how horrid their account systems have been in the past.

I was never directed to that page (ordered through amazon) so I would have never known it existed if you (and others) hadn't posted it.

I was only ever linked to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com, which has now changed. Prior to today though, it was simply a page that asked for your email address and stated that when SE was ready to redeem pre-order codes, they would email me.

Since that email has yet to arrive, I have yet to redeem my code and that appears to have been a good call (Though SE is still at fault for opening that site/redirecting the above pre-order link before they were ready).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, and that's fine, I get that. But acting like it's some kind of impossible insurmountable hurdle to start fresh on a legacy server is ridiculous as demonstrated by basically every other MMO that hasn't done what ARR is doing. What next, you're going to tell people not to play the game once an expansion comes out since the whole server will be at max level?
You can't say "just pretend the mmo didn't just launch with fresh servers". Yes you can survive on establishes servers in any mmo, but people prefer the experience of fresh servers and the option to be on them with all the perks that are there over the perks of being on an established server. I guarantee you everyone that's been playing WoW for 5 years wants to be on a fresh server. They know the pros and cons clearly. Like me, but unfortunately, all my friends are legacy and I'm obligated to go that route.

Edit: If this was WoW 2 and I could have all my characters on a Legacy server, and I saw a bunch of new servers, I'd roll on a new server for the new server experience and xfer my toons over when I could. And I'd tell noobs they are better off on a new server.

I was never directed to that page (ordered through amazon) so I would have never known it existed if you (and others) hadn't posted it.

I was only ever linked to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com, which has now changed. Prior to today though, it was simply a page that asked for your email address and stated that when SE was ready to redeem pre-order codes, they would email me.

Since that email has yet to arrive, I have yet to redeem my code and that appears to have been a good call.

Yeah, the problem seems to be that now that it's changed, the people that prordered today are being sent to it, instead of the email one. That and GMG emailing people saying it was open as well.

Since that email has yet to arrive, I have yet to redeem my code and that appears to have been a good call.

The problem is that the link has perpetuated itself around the internet, so someone found it somehow. Now I'm not saying that people shouldn't have waited for the email, but I can see how things just get out of hand.

Aeana

The problem is that the link has perpetuated itself around the internet, so someone found it somehow. Now I'm not saying that people shouldn't have waited for the email, but I can see how things just get out of hand.

Somehow? That's the link that's in the e-mail I got from Amazon over a month ago.

Reveirg

Twitter update:

We sincerely apologize, but the pre-order redemption site is experiencing very high traffic which we are currently working to resolve (1/4)

We are adding additional bandwidth and server capacity to ensure that all customers will be able to redeem their pre-order codes... (2/4)

as soon as possible. Early Access starts on August 24th at 2am PDT, and Square Enix is working hard to ensure that... (3/4)

all #FFXIV pre-order customers will be able to download and play the game. (4/4)

LaneDS

The process is such a mess but do we have any way of knowing if 1.0 non-legacy folks can buy a second copy and use the pre-order code to play over early access with their 1.0 (or phase 4) accounts?

Guessing it'll register it as a second account (so no) but would welcome someone more knowledgeable chiming in, assuming an answer is known.

notworksafe

Well, if people wanted to play an MMO that's already established, there are a lot of choices out there. Some people really enjoy getting in on the ground level with an MMO.

I don't know why this keeps coming up. Things are the way they are, and SE has catered to both legacy players and new folks.

Honestly I think it was the best call on S-E's part. Just a bummer how it can separate online communities into two halves. :(

Eusis

strange no mention of the accounts suddenly becoming European accounts
I do wonder why they favored it. Eidos had a better set up? Differing to ex-Eidos for all non-Japanese stuff? Either way this way of merging seems like a mess and a bad time to do it given it seemed to forget all of our games.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I jus got done chatting with support:

Agent: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
You: Ok, thanks a lot.
Agent: This is an issue that is currently under investigation. Please provide me with the following information.

Name:
Retailer:
Preorder code:
Early Access Code:
URL in the instructions from you preorder confirmation email:
Square Enix ID you are trying to register the Early Access to:
Contact Email

You: I have a question, is this a issue with the code the retailer gave me or SE's redemption website?

Agent:: I dont have the exact cause just yet, but we are actively investigating this cause.
Agent: Ive been seeing these through multiple retailers as well, so most likely the site.
You: Do you guys expect us to hopefully make early access?
Agent: I dont have much info outside of that this is a priority issue, but I really hope that everything gets straightened out beforehand.
Agent: If you havent heard from us by the 23rd, please contact us to check in, ok?
You: Ok, thanks a lot for you time!
Agent: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center! Take care and hope to see you online!
Agent has disconnected.

Cmagus

Honestly I think it was the best call on S-E's part. Just a bummer how it can separate online communities into two halves. :(

I can understand the decision from an economy stand point I mean there are alot of legacy people who even after the gil decrease have millions still and it would flood the market. I mean in the past phase I made roughly a million and a friend of mine made nearly 10 million right off the start.

How do you even access support chat? The XIV support page only shows me email as an option.

They have a phone number you can call although they don't make it easy to find or access.

Teknoman

You might want to level a little more before venturing into a difficult place.

Oooooooh.

To be honest i'm not sure how this is giving people so much trouble. The only thing that was confusing back in the day was the crysta stuff, but thats long done with the inclusion of standard card payments and timecards. Now as far as SE website errors go, thats another story, but registration itself should be pretty straightforward. Same with the difference between Legacy accounts and Legacy characters.

kiryogi

Banned
I can understand the decision from an economy stand point I mean there are alot of legacy people who even after the gil decrease have millions still and it would flood the market. I mean in the past phase I made roughly a million and a friend of mine made nearly 10 million right off the start.

They have a phone number you can call although they don't make it easy to find or access.

Wow, I didn't think folks would be playing the market already. It felt more like everyone just figuring things out and playing the hell out of Arcanist. Maybe not!

Berordn

I found a phone number for SE support by digging around the XI info, but I imagine they're closed now anyway.

I guess I'll just sit tight for now but it's really bugging me that they gave me a code for the wrong version.

Cmagus

Oooooooh.

lol well my comment wasn't meant as an insult more of a joke as that forum is like the definition of the worst.

I found a phone number for SE support by digging around the XI info, but I imagine they're closed now anyway.

I guess I'll just sit tight for now but it's really bugging me that they gave me a code for the wrong version.

There is no point in calling them really. If you don't live in the Us it is long distance as well. Alot of people got wrong codes they will address it I am sure.

Have we heard anything about PS4 version of this game ?

I kinda have lost track of it and I see amazon is already taking preorders for it. is that releasing this year?

Korezo

What? Aren't legacy members automatically in early access? I'm legacy and only paid 3 months.

Edit.

Players Who Have Fulfilled the Requirements of the Legacy Campaign
Players who have fulfilled the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will be able to take part in early access and play before the official start of service.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

C'mon stop spreading bs, got scared for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom