• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it's been asked a thousand times, but you don't need an early access code if you've been doing the beta, and have the 1.0 CE, correct? Just log in Saturday and go?

I believe the only people who get early access are the people who have pre ordered ARR and players who participated in the legacy promotion when it was available.

Isaccard

This thread has been a real downer to be honest. It has really kind of soured me a bit on the game. I had to step away from this thread multiple times. I am not expecting some circle jerk but some of the comments in here over the last 5 days have reminded me why I never read MMO forums. MMO forum poster itis has crept into here big time.

They'll be gone after the free month is up.

what an absolute clusterfuck. why are we using this SEmembers site to register codes and not the old SEaccount site?

this one. is this not in use anymore?

Yeah been wondering that myself. At first I thought I accidentally was on a fake site because of that. Just gonna wait another day or so before trying this.

erawsd

I'm excited for the game, but a bit nervous about how the servers are going to be and if there will still be problems like the 90000 error. D:

I wonder what they mean by hidden fates... Are they referring to the FATEs where you have to talk to a NPC to start? I wouldn't really call that hidden, though. :p

They probably mean like Lazy Lawrence in East Shroud. He seems to be a pretty rare spawn and is much stronger than the typical FATE. When you kill him he gives a ton of exp (I got 13k), an achievement, and a minion.

They probably mean like Lazy Lawrence in East Shroud. He seems to be a pretty rare spawn and is much stronger than the typical FATE. When you kill him he gives a ton of exp (I got 13k), an achievement, and a minion.

Ah! No wonder I couldn't see the Fate circle on the map when someone said he was up for Phase 4.

Interesting.

Hubb

If I have a 1.0 account and I preorder it, can I use that code on my existing account to get early access?

If you order a PS3 version then yes. PC I'm not 100% sure on because you can have up to 8 account tied to 1 SquareEnix service account. So you have have your new account and forget your old one, but that kind of sucks if you have the 1.0 CE or played in open beta.

phierce

Change of pace here...

What sites do you all use for info? Any good, updated ones?...any that may be under the radar for some?

I've had hit or miss luck when trying to find solid info.

I've had to input this code so many times I've memorized it. >.>

I don't understand what the rush is. Why not wait until tomorrow afternoon or thursday until they've ironed out the pretty obvious bugs. Why stress yourself out when it makes no difference whether you've gotten your early access code today tomorrow or the next day

zychi

Banned
so my 18 digit code says it doesnt work, but my se account says i registered the game today. should i expect an email soon?

Qvoth

"The code's region is inapplicable. You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account." Fuck you SE. I'm in NA. I registered as NA. My GMG pre-order recipet says NA. Eat a dick. Wait, eat a bag of dicks. You know what, no, eat all the dicks.

ffxiv twitter said:
We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated
posted 2 hours ago

teiresias

I completely forgot about it, but don't Legacy players get a discount on the subscription rate? That will force me to give SE my credit card number rather than buy any retail game-time cards they introduce unfortunately. Grrrrrr.

Valnen

so my 18 digit code says it doesnt work, but my se account says i registered the game today. should i expect an email soon?

Mine has been shown as registered for over 12 hours now and still no email. And I can't get a code to appear on the site either, just errors. I get the feeling I'm gonna lose sleep over this.

supergiz

Mine has been shown as registered for over 12 hours now and still no email. And I can't get a code to appear on the site either, just errors. I get the feeling I'm gonna lose sleep over this.

don't worry man. just go to sleep wake up tomorrow and do it. nothing is going to change.

I'm a non-Legacy 1.0 CE owner so I have to wait 7 days so you can shut the hell right up okay?

;_;

; ; I'm sure you got some backlog you could work through to past the time. I finally finished Xenoblade tonight for instance.

I completely forgot about it, but don't Legacy players get a discount on the subscription rate? That will force me to give SE my credit card number rather than buy any retail game-time cards they introduce unfortunately. Grrrrrr.

Yeah, it's only $9.99 a month for legacy.

Cmagus

So lets say I buy this on PS3 as well you can jump between PS3 and PC on the same character correct? Also would there be a fee for both or is it shared between accounts. Not sure if this has been asked because I am tempted to pre-order this on PS3 as well

phierce

So lets say I buy this on PS3 as well you can jump between PS3 and PC on the same character correct? Also would there be a fee for both or is it shared between accounts. Not sure if this has been asked because I am tempted to pre-order this on PS3 as well
You can definitely play the same toon on both platforms...I'm not sure about the subscription fee part.

I'm seeing subscription tiers but no rewards associated with them, just character per server allowances.

Yoshi-P said in Live Letter that if you were to buy 180 days, you will get 30, 60, 90, 120(Not at launch) and 180(Not at launch) rewards. However, 120 and 180 reward will not be available at launch.

Animekatt

Wouldn't the extra money from the time cards go towards another month anyway? I was thinking of buying the cards instead of fiddling around with Crysta (whatever you do, don't go the Clickbuy route ~.~). I'm not sure if they will be released in NA though.

teiresias

Wouldn't the extra money from the time cards go towards another month anyway? I was thinking of buying the cards instead of fiddling around with Crysta (whatever you do, don't go the Clickbuy route ~.~). I'm not sure if they will be released in NA though.

I guess it would depend on how the system handles the cards. The code on the card may indicate a length of time to the system rather than an amount paid, so you wouldn't get the discount if that's how it worked. I'm not sure how other MMO cards do it.

Askani

This has to be one of the best ones I've seen so far.

"Everyone else had a Carbuncle... I couldn't even find Limsa Lominsa! I spent all my time fishing! Fishing to 20 and not a single crystal! Not one!"

I lost it.

(Yes, I know the fisherman's guild is in Limsa)

The video was posted before the code bullcrap today, but the looks they all give each other after he says the "early access has begun" is priceless and fits so well. lol

Xavien

Yeaaah, I think I'm going to wait till tomorrow before entering my key, clearly FUBAR'd right now.

I totally tried a few times before giving up

DrDogg

I pre-ordered the game via the PSN store, but didn't have enough hard drive space to download it. I deleted the phase 4 client and went back to download it again, but it's not showing up. It only shows the theme that comes with it and the phase 4 client download. I'm assuming the phase 4 client on PS3 is the same as the retail client, so downloading that would be fine... yes?

Also, anyone know when we can sign in to get the client update? I'm sure there's going to be a patch download before we can play on the 24th. I'd like to get a jump on that for PC and PS3.

Meicyn

Gold Member
posted 2 hours ago
Good thing they posted that on Twitter, which only some people read, and not on the preorder code registration page that everyone who would want to register a code would read.

When your registration system is broken, I guess taking it down temporarily until it isn't giving codes for other regions anymore is out of the question. Let's post on Twitter instead!

You need a purchased copy of the game for all platforms you want to play on, you only pay a single subscription for your account, everything as far as characters/progression carries back and forth

; ; I'm sure you got some backlog you could work through to past the time. I finally finished Xenoblade tonight for instance.

I don't want to start a new game right now though. I'll probably just work down my anime backlog instead while I wait. God knows I have enough of that to watch between now and next Tuesday.

Cmagus

You need a purchased copy of the game for all platforms you want to play on, you only pay a single subscription for your account, everything as far as characters/progression carries back and forth

Awesome thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind having it on PS3 as it would be nice to sit on the couch and play and have the trophies to collect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom