• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheContact

Have we heard anything about PS4 version of this game ?

I kinda have lost track of it and I see amazon is already taking preorders for it. is that releasing this year?

No news but it would be really awesome. Since every PS4 game has remote play Vita support, it would be incredible to play a full scale MMO on a portable device =D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They also finally addressed the issue on Twitter:

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 14m
We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

Reveirg

Finally got through chat support.

This morning, I entered a PS3 EA code and got "PC" added to my games under the S-E Members profile section.

Asking them about it.

vazel

Banned
I got an Error 3 when I tried to redeem my pre-order code which according to their support page is due to high traffic. I guess I'll wait until the middle of the night which is no problem for me since I'm an insomniac.

opoth

Banned
Finally got through chat support.

This morning, I entered a PS3 EA code and got "PC" added to my games under the S-E Members profile section.

Asking them about it.

Let me know how it turns out. I put in a support ticket for the same thing, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Slathe

I get taken to the EU site when I check my member site, but my code is clearly an NA one.

I got the first 18 digit put in, and it showed up on my account (but doesn't specify NA or EU).

Then I got the 20 digit code and added it to my service account, which lists the region as the Americas - so everything seems in order, but any way to confirm its not accidentally registered as an EU account, or anything else I should be checking?

Also, it lists FF14 on my service account as an active service, but it doesn't show the bonuses (early access, moogle item, and the third thing) - does that display anywhere?

LowParry

Well...I guess I just wait to see what happens with my pre-order code since I've already got a EU 20 digit code that I can't even use. So I'm either fubar or going to have to do the ol'amazon nonsense.

Edit: Wait, could someone with a NA key and a EU trade and those would work? :/

The process is such a mess but do we have any way of knowing if 1.0 non-legacy folks can buy a second copy and use the pre-order code to play over early access with their 1.0 (or phase 4) accounts?

Guessing it'll register it as a second account (so no) but would welcome someone more knowledgeable chiming in, assuming an answer is known.

I don't know, but I have the same question. I just assumed it would work if you had a preorder code, but this is SE we are talking about. They like making things are complicated as possible, so I'm starting to have my doubts it will work. D: Maybe someone else knows.

LaneDS

I don't know, but I have the same question. I just assumed it would work if you had a preorder code, but this is SE we are talking about. They like making things are complicated as possible, so I'm starting to have my doubts it will work. D: Maybe someone else knows.

Would love to get word but I'm afraid we're just going to have to hope for the best come Saturday morning.

Terrible that I'm (a) thinking of paying $30/$50 just to start on Saturday with everyone else and (b) am considering saying goodbye to my 1.0 CE account and phase 4 progress if my only option Saturday morning is to start fresh. I'm officially addicted.

So, uh.

Has anyone successfully done this yet?

Better yet, has anyone who was a 1.0 CE owner done this yet?

I feel like I'm just not gonna try again until the dust settles.

So, uh.

Has anyone successfully done this yet?

Better yet, has anyone who was a 1.0 CE owner done this yet?

I feel like I'm just not gonna try again until the dust settles.

Honestly, that's the best course of action at this point. Now that they have acknowledged that there is a problem, no use sitting around F5'ing and trying to get through and further stressing yourselves over SE's debacle.

Would love to get word but I'm afraid we're just going to have to hope for the best come Saturday morning.

Terrible that I'm (a) thinking of paying $30/$50 just to start on Saturday with everyone else and (b) am considering saying goodbye to my 1.0 CE account and phase 4 progress if my only option Saturday morning is to start fresh. I'm officially addicted.

Wouldn't you lose all the neat 1.0 CE bonus items (and the 2.0 CE bonus items) if you did that? D:

Reveirg

Let me know how it turns out. I put in a support ticket for the same thing, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Basically:

Agent: If you chose PC, I cannot reverse that choice in the system.
You: I chose PS3
You: 100% certain
You: I was very careful when filling in the page
You: and I'm not the only one having this issue, a few people on neogaf and gamefaqs boards reported the same issue
Agent: Please provide your 20 digit code and your pre-order retailer, and I will escalate the issue for inestigation.
You: ******-***-******-***
You: EBGames Canada
Agent: Thank you, this issue has been escalated and will be investigated.

LowParry

And yes, my issue got escalated with the phrase "Are you sure"? Well fuck yes I am sure! That's why I'm talking to you! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Zomba13

Hrm... CE 1.0 people do get in the early access right?

Only Legacy. For early access without legacy (but with 1.0, 1.0 pre-orders or 1.0 CE) they expect you to have a pre-order for either the PC version (which is stupid because you already have the game) or a pre-order for the PS3 version.

Or you can be a 'scumbag' (like me) and place a pre-order on amazon, get the pre-order code sent to you in minutes and then cancel the order.

BooJoh

Wait what? You have to input two codes? I only have the 18 letters+numbers one from gmg. Where do you guys get the 20 one?

When you successfully put in your 18 digit code, the site gives you a 20 digit code. If you're from NA, there's a good chance it'll give you an unusable EU region 20 digit code until they fix that.

Firehead

Only Legacy. For early access without legacy (but with 1.0, 1.0 pre-orders or 1.0 CE) they expect you to have a pre-order for either the PC version (which is stupid because you already have the game) or a pre-order for the PS3 version.

Or you can be a 'scumbag' (like me) and place a pre-order on amazon, get the pre-order code sent to you in minutes and then cancel the order.

"Legacy" as in the discounted monthly thing you got for paying for the three months it went P2P, or "legacy" as in you had a character in 1.0 and played it and are able to access legacy servers?

Zomba13

Wow, that actually works?

Dunno yet, very few people can redeem the codes. The one I entered is the right amount of digits and I get error 3 (the traffic/generic error) and not error 1 (invalid code) or error 2 (code in use) and it's shown up on my SE thing as registered on PC 20/08.

I assume it'd work unless amazon can somehow cancel the code from being valid on SE's databases and even if they can somehow do that I could just get a new one, enter to code and then cancel the order.

"Legacy" as in the discounted monthly thing you got for paying for the three months it went P2P, or "legacy" as in you had a character in 1.0 and played it and are able to access legacy servers?

Legacy as in 3 months of sub time so you get the discount and chocobo.
I'm using an amazon pre-order code because I think it's a bit silly getting early access and the CE bonus items but not the pre-order items even though I pre-ordered the 1.0 CE and paid enough to get Legacy and I'm getting the other bonus of pre-ordering (early access).

daveo42

Banned
So any word on when they'll have these issues resolved? Seems pretty pointless to even try right now with all the issues in getting registered.

chrono01

One possible reason I can see for the codes being EU instead of NA [and vice-versa] is the "Preferred Language" setting in your "Square-Enix Membership" account.

If it's set to "English (UK)" the website will automatically route you to the Europe Square-Enix Membership page and if it's "English (NA)" it'll route you to the North American version. Perhaps those having been issued NA/EU by accident have their language setting(s) set incorrectly and, thus, when redeeming/logging into your Membership account to redeem the code, the site "sees" that you're located in a region that you're not and gives you the code for the improper region?

I noticed this earlier today when I logged in and noticed I was logged into "eu.square-enix.com" website despite living in North America. After changing my language from (UK) to (NA) it now logs me in correctly to the "na.square-enix.com" website.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I like it. It serves the purpose. What's the problem?
The registration site would be a far more effective location to state news about the current problem.

But hey. Let's use Twitter instead with its whopping 48000 followers and watch the ongoing customer confusion continue.

Zomba13

And how is it a scumbag move? There are plenty of early access codes to go around, if you want one, get one right now. If you want to pre-order the game you've had months to do so (I've had my code since early July) and it's not like I'm pirating a game. SE will still be getting my money starting 2 weeks after launch (maybe sooner, as soon as I can pay for the max game time and get the stupid mount).

Firehead

Dunno yet, very few people can redeem the codes. The one I entered is the right amount of digits and I get error 3 (the traffic/generic error) and not error 1 (invalid code) or error 2 (code in use) and it's shown up on my SE thing as registered on PC 20/08.

I assume it'd work unless amazon can somehow cancel the code from being valid on SE's databases and even if they can somehow do that I could just get a new one, enter to code and then cancel the order.

I'm using an amazon pre-order code because I think it's a bit silly getting early access and the CE bonus items but not the pre-order items even though I pre-ordered the 1.0 CE and paid enough to get Legacy and I'm getting the other bonus of pre-ordering (early access).

Oh, wow. That's shitty. Looks like I won't be able to get in the early access after all. Was expecting everyone that had a character in 1.0 to get in. blah.

Windam

Scaley member
When you successfully put in your 18 digit code, the site gives you a 20 digit code. If you're from NA, there's a good chance it'll give you an unusable EU region 20 digit code until they fix that.

Well this is crazy because I never receive the 2nd email after i input my 18 digit code in yesterday. >.< Should I wait or reach out to them ?

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Well the FAQ says this:
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, or you cancel your pre-order, the promotion will not apply.

So... You probably have to wait until the 25th to cancel.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yes, good luck trying to play with more than 50% of the population that have almost all classes maxed if not all after all the abuse with power leveling/etc that was allowed and used + abused.
I dont really see how it's going to be "hard" to do this. If anything it's the easy mode version of the game.

Zomba13

Well the FAQ says this:
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
If you do not pre-order the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, or you cancel your pre-order, the promotion will not apply.

So... You probably have to wait until the 25th to cancel.

But if the code is already registered on SE's system can they really stop that? Plus, isn't it the 20 character code that is really for the pre-order stuff and early access? So once one gets swapped for the other can they do anything about it then?

rockx4

But if the code is already registered on SE's system can they really stop that? Plus, isn't it the 20 character code that is really for the pre-order stuff and early access? So once one gets swapped for the other can they do anything about it then?

It's not like Amazon doesn't know what keys were sent out to who. SE might request a list of cancelled orders and revoke keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom