• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All this music talk. Would this be considered blasphemy in this thread?

f4e8ae89fd.png

Apoptomon

Nervous about this. Being an Australian on NA servers hmm.
I'm not too worried. A move westward (if making ping worse for Europe) is more likely to improve things for the pacific region. Whether or not it makes for an appreciable difference though...

ebil

You mean like how the music
syncs up with the Akh Morns? I always liked how they timed that.
Yes, Final Steps phase 2 also perfectly syncs with everything: cleaves, tank busters, jumps. T13, Ravana and A8 also work like this, it's the one thing that I really like about these hard-scripted fights.

It's actually also super useful for timing my skills, lol.

Silav101

Yes, Final Steps phase 2 also perfectly syncs with everything: cleaves, tank busters, jumps. T13, Ravana and A8 also work like this, it's the one thing that I really like about these hard-scripted fights.

More fights should sync to the music, especially fights that are especially important, like T13, and Final Steps.

The way Dragonsong constantly plays during the cutscenes leading up to the fight, and when the cutscenes end and leave you on the Steps, waiting for you to initiate the trial? Well done, Soken and audio team.

Zomba13

Even with the inception of jump potions, they need to do something about 2.1-2.55.

• Put an aetheryte in Vesper Bay, or at least construct one after the 2.0 storyline. This is one of the biggest complaints people have. The game knows it sucks so much that they eventually picked up and moved right next to an aetheryte.
  • Remove padding quests, e.g. if there are 12 quests, MSQ 200-212, and 204-208 have no exposition, cut them out and link 203 to 209.
This would dramatically ease the daunting 100+ quest gauntlet that they put people through at 50.

Abso-fucking-loutely. No Aetheryte in the place that you spend a large portion of the ARR story was a monumentally stupid decision.

Also, I don't care if it doesn't make sense lore-wise, put a fucking aetheryte somewhere in the Hinterlands that isn't Idyllshire. Trying to get anywhere in the Hinterlands while doing the HW story is a pain in the ass because you have to teleport to Idyllshire, which always loads slow as hell due to the fact that it's always super populated, then go aaaaall the way out one of the two exits, then finally be on your way to wherever you're going.

Warp to Limsa, use the ship by the arcanist guild, you are now at Vesper Bay. There is no need to add an aetheryte there.

Omni

Warp to Limsa, use the ship by the arcanist guild, you are now at Vesper Bay. There is no need to add an aetheryte there.
All them loading screens though

There doesn't need to be anything but it would improve so much for new players. I remember complaining about this when I was running through 2.x for the first time

iammeiam

The one spot I wonder about is pyretic Photon in A11S, solely because if you random queue double WHM things are more awkward in a way Echo can't help.

It's manageable enough that they don't have to change it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it drop you to 500 hp or something instead of 1 just to avoid no shields->instaquit becoming a thing.

Omni

The one spot I wonder about is pyretic Photon in A11S, solely because if you random queue double WHM things are more awkward in a way Echo can't help.

It's manageable enough that they don't have to change it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it drop you to 500 hp or something instead of 1 just to avoid no shields->instaquit becoming a thing.

I wonder if you can skip that phase with enough dps. Guess we'll find out in 4.0

ebil

I don't know, I've helped a group last week where
the healers were bad
they didn't even shield Photon and instead told me to just stop DPSing completely until I got healed (after I died the first time because I'm so used to shielding through it that I forgot this was an actual mechanic).

But yeah, no shields would make things a little bit awkward.

B.K.

I just did Titan (Exteme) unsynced. That was a lot better than Garuda. I still would have liked to have done it synced, but I probably never would have beaten it. People must have spent a lot of time practicing and coordinating when it was new. I can't imagine doing them when they were new.

Omni

Titan is just a mess. I still fall off in hard mode because of my latency.

If Alex raids or whatever were like that I'd have given up tbh. Frustrating

B.K.

Titan is just a mess. I still fall off in hard mode because of my latency.

I can clear Garuda and Titan on hard fairly easily. I got some practice on them last week. I got both of them two times each doing the Trial roulette for Tomestones.

Producer Live Letter on April 2nd.

That's phase 3. I'm assuming they are talking about how the music
kind of syncs with the dragonsong dives

Yes.
The only acceptable settings:
A7TvH3T.png

And then I always have to mute in idyllshire

Oh yeah, there's that too.

I feel that it adds more emotional weight to the fight when certain actions sync up with changes in the music. I expect them to continue this trend in Stormblood.

man the kintoun's pretty dope
d81373ca6697f0ba57fa61ae270731ff1087c81b_3.jpg

I wish we got this stuff even if they just put it up on Mog station.

I really want the Dragoon staff that's part of the set.

Qvoth

Producer Live Letter on April 2nd.

I wish we got this stuff even if they just put it up on Mog station.

I really want the Dragoon staff that's part of the set.

hopefully they spend time on explaining samurai and red mage's battle system

regarding the new monkey king stuff, it's probably going to be on amazon again for NA region

Edzi

So like... I think I'm far removed enough from my original lvl 42 Dragoon class to have earned the right to make fun of DPS classes... Right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
you mean you got to the enrage and it was still 18%?
probably just dpsing problem or people dying too often

No I mean I got it to 18% before my PUG wiped to some stupid shit. but at least I know the whole fight now.

2 of my DPS in this group has less DPS than the tanks...

duckroll

GAF FC is the bestest! We tackled Odin, and a bunch of Extreme Primals today! A few people got ponies! I got the Ramuh one! Thanks everyone!

I also did Shiva, and finished the remaining 2.4 quests. The plot is getting goooooooooooood.

hopefully they spend time on explaining samurai and red mage's battle system

regarding the new monkey king stuff, it's probably going to be on amazon again for NA region

They said they are not going to go over battle system changes till later.

But I don't see why they couldn't give us a rundown on Samurai and Red Mage.

So yeah, I hope they do just that.

I also expect them to cover the MSQ, reactions to it and what it means for Stormblood.

aceface

GAF FC is the bestest! We tackled Odin, and a bunch of Extreme Primals today! A few people got ponies! I got the Ramuh one! Thanks everyone!

I also did Shiva, and finished the remaining 2.4 quests. The plot is getting goooooooooooood.

It was fun! I got the Levi pony which means after however many years I finally reached my goal of getting Kirin without ever actively farming for ponies. I picked up the last 3 just doing weekly WT the past few weeks. I look forward to getting that bird one in two years.

Anyone who hasn't switched over to the DX11 client should so now.

There's a lot of nice graphical improvements in addition to what appears to be faster load times (on my PC at least).

saw this on reddit Community project: HBD/Thanks to Yoshi-P (Extended deadline by popular request). Please join in :)

we have till march 31 to send something in!

FC Picture?

Could do it after next week's post-Dun Scaith run.

Oh yeah, I encountered another Power Slash spamming Dark Knight today.

I just told him to MT and stopped attacking until he took aggro because I am not fighting against that shit. I wish they would add something that requires you to know how to actually play your job to progress but I know that will never happen.

I might just start using Warrior for trials since I imagine they can stand against these guys with BB.

Squishy3

I can't use the DX11 client at all for no reason, because it just makes load screens randomly take 5+ minutes.

This has been a problem for me since launch and I've tried everything in my power to fix it. It's stupid because switching to DX11 means I get a solid 60 no matter what, but I'm not putting up with random 5 minute+ load times.

It's not even a case of a load taking longer than it should, the game freezes completely (it does the thing where if you click on it windows says the program isn't responding.)

I can't use the DX11 client at all for no reason, because it just makes load screens randomly take 5+ minutes.

This has been a problem for me since launch and I've tried everything in my power to fix it. It's stupid because switching to DX11 means I get a solid 60 no matter what, but I'm not putting up with random 5 minute+ load times.

It's not even a case of a load taking longer than it should, the game freezes completely (it does the thing where if you click on it windows says the program isn't responding.)

Do you have an AMD card?

For a while certain AMD cards had that problem and random crashes including mine. That's why I've been using DirectX 9 all this time.

I just got around to installing the latest drivers for my card even though they apparently fixed it a long time ago so try that.

Squishy3

Do you have an AMD card?

For a while certain AMD cards had that problem and random crashes including mine. That's why I've been using DirectX 9 all this time.

I just got around to installing the latest drivers for my card even though they apparently fixed it a long time ago so try that.
Nope. Nvidia. The dumbest thing is searching FFXIV loading screen freeze DX11 only brings up crashes and how to fix those. The game doesn't even crash, it just takes forever to load randomly every few load screens.

Nope. Nvidia. The dumbest thing is searching FFXIV loading screen freeze DX11 only brings up crashes and how to fix those. The game doesn't even crash, it just takes forever to load randomly every few load screens.

I found this;

I have a gtx 970, and an AMD fx8150. I also get the loading screen freezes on dx11 but not dx9. I'm running on Windows 7. From what I could tell, this only happens to people with the AMD 8-core processors paired with a Nvidia card, and I have found little to fix it. It happens randomly when zoning, generally happens going into raids or somewhere that a lot of people happen to be near (aetherite in idylshire, foundation). In my case, I do not have any overclocked parts, using no overlays ect. If I'm doing something on my other screen at the time that makes the processor multi-task, it seems to increase the chance of it happening. When it does happen, I see only one of my CPU cores max out, and the rest do nothing instead of the normal 30-70% load between everything.

Is this your case? For the record I have an Intel CPU with an AMD GPU so that might explain why I don't get the same issue.

Edzi

So what's the recommended/optimal path when it comes to higher i-level gear? I've got a lvl 90 weapon and armor at the moment and I'm not sure what I should be working towards while I do MSQ missions.

So what's the recommended/optimal path when it comes to higher i-level gear? I've got a lvl 90 weapon and armor at the moment and I'm not sure what I should be working towards while I do MSQ missions.

You can buy 115 gear from the vendor at Falcon's Nest. You'll get more stuff as you level up and do dungeons and run into more vendors in towns as you progress the MSQ.

If you do Palace of the Dead and get your Aetherpool Arms and Armor to +30 you can trade in those points for a i235 weapon of your choice (whatever job you are at the time will determine what weapon you get) for use at level 60.

For Level 60 gear there's AF i200 armor (Tavern guy in Ishgard, you use Centurio Seals from the clan hunts to buy these.

Lore tomestone armor which is i230. Scripture tomestone armor which is i260.

If you do PvP there's Garo armor you can get that's i235.

In terms of time required to get doing PvP is probably fastest for the Garo gear I think.

Do the frontlines roulette once a day and by the time you hit 60 you will probably be able to buy some of the Garo gear pieces immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom