• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how much these are worth on your server but you can run T9/T13 for the chest aetherstones and music. That's how I made most of my gil before I started crafting. They were worth ~1m each at the time, but this was a few patches ago and I also play on a smaller server. Worth checking on though. T9 and T13 also drop music, as does T12. The T12 music is still fairly rare on my server.

I find that aside from glamours there's really nothing to spend money on, and with 3.5 especially there's nothing to spend it on since they only added a single crafted glam and it's pretty ugly. What do you need gil for? Theres almost always an alternative to spending gil to get what you need.

Gotta save up for that Shirogane house!

Luigi87

Hurry up and unlock more stuff so we can do more stuff together with the FC on weekends! Do you think you can unlock Crystal Tower by next weekend? I wanna start doing that. Wouldn't mind doing all the Extreme Primals you missed out on again too.

And done so, lol. Spent just over an hour and a half after my work shift doing the questline to unlock Crystal Tower. Luckily for me all but one of the FATEs in the first quest popped as soon as I entered their zones.

B.K.

I need to do the Crystal Tower sometime. I unlocked the first level last week, but haven't taken the time to do it yet.

I re-installed windows today so I had to re-install FFXIV and good God this game have been a pain in the ass to update. I've had to use a VPN and jump between countries to be able to get past some parts of the update, get errors and delete the files in Documents, it have worked fine everytime before.

duckroll

Okay who wants to do Crystal Tower this weekend? What would be a better time window? Around 6pm PST on Friday or 6pm PST on Saturday? Those would be my Sat/Sun mornings, which is when I usually get to play with FC peeps at a time that isn't an ungodly hour for me.

Luigi87

Okay who wants to do Crystal Tower this weekend? What would be a better time window? Around 6pm PST on Friday or 6pm PST on Saturday? Those would be my Sat/Sun mornings, which is when I usually get to play with FC peeps at a time that isn't an ungodly hour for me.

Saturday would be better for me probably (I've got the whole weekend off), if only 'cause I promised a friend we would go to the movies on Friday.

Edzi

I'll likely have it unlocked really soon, and Friday/Sat nights WC time would be best for me. Let me know if you guys try it out.

duckroll

Saturday would be better for me probably (I've got the whole weekend off), if only 'cause I promised a friend we would go to the movies on Friday.

Okay then. I'll aim to finish up all of 2.55 and whatever loose ends I have by Saturday my time, and leave Sunday free for Crystal Tower. Hopefully we can get through all of it. I hear the queue times are rough even if we can get a full party together since it's 3x 8-man.

Definitely want to say GOODBYE to ARR by this week and HELLO to HW. Lol.

I'll likely have it unlocked really soon, and Friday/Sat nights WC time would be best for me. Let me know if you guys try it out.

Alright we'll plan something up by mid-week.

Okay then. I'll aim to finish up all of 2.55 and whatever loose ends I have by Saturday my time, and leave Sunday free for Crystal Tower. Hopefully we can get through all of it. I hear the queue times are rough even if we can get a full party together since it's 3x 8-man.

Definitely want to say GOODBYE to ARR by this week and HELLO to HW. Lol.

Crystal Tower queues shouldn't be rough. At least, I've never had trouble getting into the raids in the evenings or weekends.

On a crafting roll this weekend. Brought BSM and WVR in the 20s, ALC is now 51 and I'll use that to grind out the Moogle quests so I can get the final beast tribe questline unlocked. Have CRP, ARM past 50. GSM, LTW, BTN, MIN all at 60 and at least MIN is decked in scrip gear, BTN next. I want to be able to repair all my gear.

Come SB I'll start on BSM, GSM, and WVR after MSQ finishes and get those to 70.

(Not gonna bother with CLN save for the crossclass and FSH, no thanks.)

--------------------------------------

Next task is to just start doing PotD. MNK is all I got and I'm fed up with waiting for my FC people to log on so I'll just PUG it so I can have that ready for SAM come early access.

Thankfully Hunts are active on my mid pop server, especially the S ranks to help build a steady supply of Poetics. All that's left in SAM prep are 130ing my accessories and getting the tokens for the weapon (have the means to upgrade it too).

The plan is come early access, going to unlock SAM and do my best to powerlevel it to 60 before the main release and do all of Stormblood with it. MNK has served me well, but I'll be honest, I want to raid and I'm too stubborn to level anything else right now. SAM is my goal.

Crystal Tower queues shouldn't be too awful, especially after reset. People need to do them for Wondrous Tails, after all. The real difficulty will be getting people to actually do mechanics, especially in World of Darkness. You can't really cheese WoD like in LotA or Circus, and literally nobody in the duty finder actually knows how the first boss works. I've wiped there more than any other content in the game, ngl.

duckroll

How do you guys know which part of the MSQ you're on? Like, what part of 2.X?

We're dirty cheaters using a quest wiki obviously.

But you can generally have a "feel" for where your progression is. Post-2.0, every major patch added a new Primal in the MSQ line. So if you have beaten a new story Primal, you're usually half way through or almost done with that patch's content. If the story is alluding to a new Primal, you're in the next one.

Edzi

I use the Wiki. It has each of the MSQ separated by patch.

We're dirty cheaters using a quest wiki obviously.

But you can generally have a "feel" for where your progression is. Post-2.0, every major patch added a new Primal in the MSQ line. So if you have beaten a new story Primal, you're usually half way through or almost done with that patch's content. If the story is alluding to a new Primal, you're in the next one.

There's a really simple way to determine that: every time you get an achievement for competing a main story quest, that quest was the end of a particular patch.

Thanks, this'll be useful.

Btw, is there a list of gaffers in game names?

dabig2

Hah, came in late to that Odin fight just a few minutes ago and my PS4 (amateur model) was chugging along. Died after like a minute, got raised by a random and healed, and then put in a couple more hits as Odin went down. Was an interesting battle. So many effects going off that I had no idea what was going on, but it was pretty I guess!

Qvoth

Hah, came in late to that Odin fight just a few minutes ago and my PS4 (amateur model) was chugging along. Died after like a minute, got raised by a random and healed, and then put in a couple more hits as Odin went down. Was an interesting battle. So many effects going off that I had no idea what was going on, but it was pretty I guess!

back in the 2.0 days odin literally crashes servers

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

For instances like that with a ton of players, there's an option buried somewhere that turns off attack animations. Makes it much more tolerable.

Redx508

Huh? How do I do that?

the fc menu here
capture61uwf.png

For instances like that with a ton of players, there's an option buried somewhere that turns off attack animations. Makes it much more tolerable.

I did it this initially but after moving to DX11 I noticed that it's a lot smoother now when there's tons of players with animations on.

EDIT: Gridanian areas look really cool with the Tension weather active.

ffxiv_03262017_222846m2un0.png

dabig2

back in the 2.0 days odin literally crashes servers

Yeah, I remember looking at those videos couple years back when I first started the game. Couldn't imagine the lonely PS3 even attempting to render that. Good thing they're sunsetting that platform with the new expansion.

Oh wow, totally forgot you could do that. Thanks for the tip cause that is basically a necessity from what I can see when it comes to Odin on the PS4 (and I guess some raids and such, but I'm not that far enough in the game yet). Btw, it's in character configuration -> Control Settings -> Character and then in the Battle Effects Settings on that page.

I've come to the conclusion that a11s is the hardest in the raid tier. I tried 3 days over the weekend and no parties can clear it. I've cleared it countless times so this is just a tad depressing. Thankfully come Tuesday there will be competent groups that can farm it... I hope.

iammeiam

I've come to the conclusion that a11s is the hardest in the raid tier. I tried 3 days over the weekend and no parties can clear it. I've cleared it countless times so this is just a tad depressing. Thankfully come Tuesday there will be competent groups that can farm it... I hope.

I honestly expect 11S to be the worst one to try to PUG post-echo because of all the ways to push. Lapis skip gets a lot of mention, but there are a ton of other smaller skips that I think will catch a lot of people off-guard. Skip the first EDD and get blindsided by the first bait optical; skip the very first optical like 15 seconds into the fight and get blindsided by EDD; push in between opticals, push during Pyretic at an unexpected time and get blindsided by Photon,etc. Any one of those can lead to extreme cool down weirdness the rest of the fight.There'll also be issues with people used to skipping things hitting parts of the boss rotation they've either forgotten or never knew in the first place.

10 has some of this to a lesser extent--skip the first tank swap, skip the first add, skip the double charge before steamroller--but nowhere near the full-on crazy 11 can get up to.

Yeah, I remember looking at those videos couple years back when I first started the game. Couldn't imagine the lonely PS3 even attempting to render that. Good thing they're sunsetting that platform with the new expansion.

Oh wow, totally forgot you could do that. Thanks for the tip cause that is basically a necessity from what I can see when it comes to Odin on the PS4 (and I guess some raids and such, but I'm not that far enough in the game yet). Btw, it's in character configuration -> Control Settings -> Character and then in the Battle Effects Settings on that page.

Odin on ps4 is fine for me, it's the people that can't heal or do enough DPS that's the real killer.

People talking about MSQ, I thought all of you were way ahead of me haha. I just had to power through in the end, it gets better but you do just spend fucking forever just warping chat warping chat riding chat warp.

Crystal lake dungeon atleast had a cool final boss

MogCakes

Are you sure the parse was cut off correctly? If it had carryovers from any previous trash pull it wouldn't be surprising for a SMN to pull ahead.

My parse is set to cut off after 10 seconds of a previous battle finishing, so I doubt it. It could be a number of things, it just strikes me as incredible that a SMN could beat me so easily well below my ilvl while I was doing optimal rotation on single target. In other news, today I ran Weeping City and there was a SMN doing over 6.5k DPS on Ozma for a few minutes before dropping out of the stratosphere into a 'mere' 3.3k DPS. I'm not sure where that huge DPS came from and it was sustained for well over 3 minutes.

duckroll

I soo want to do stuff with the GAF FC. So how do I join in on them?

Particularly, I want to try and raid.

What do you mean? If you're not in the FC but want to join, there are simple instructions in the OP. If you want to play with people you can just ask in the FC chat in the game or for something more substantial just try planning it here and see if anyone bites? For example I'm trying to arrange Crystal Tower for those of us who are post-2.0 now, tentatively for this weekend.I suggested about 6pm PST on Saturday, but it's not 100% fixed yet.

The plan is for a few of us noobs to team with the more experienced players who are available at the time who can help fill out the roles, then we queue as a full party of 8 for the raid.

Silav101

Hyperconductive Almace/Ancile obtained.

The next step looks kind of troublesome though.

What's the easy way to get crystal sands over time?

Not gonna lie, gathering would be the easiest, via blue scrips. Crafting would work, too, especially with Zhloe. Don't forget you can convert red scrips -> blue scrips.

The other option is via amber-encased vilekin farming, through Heavensward leves.

Slower ways are through poetics, GC mats (moonstones), or drops from ARR primals.

Hyperconductive Almace/Ancile obtained.

The next step looks kind of troublesome though.

What's the easy way to get crystal sands over time?

Aside from the usual suggestions, oddly, Diadem is pretty good for this. You get a lot of drops from lockboxes/reward bags for the following categories from Ulan's Note:
- elemental materia
- crafting items (celestine, etc)
- amber vilekin

Not to mention you can farm for blue gathering scrips while you're in there, and you get a bit of Lore for showing up.

Wazzy

Banned
I did my first AlexS today which was A9S. I'm sure it's considered the easiest of them all but it's got it's stressful moments. We almost cleared it but someone didn't grab the last add and we wiped. I'm hoping to clear it tomorrow before maint so I can at least have ONE Alex completed. xD

Omni

Still upset that they didn't add crafted Sophia weapons

I stockpiled like 10 Sophic Beads. I WOULD HAVE MADE MILLIONS

Do you have a level 60 gatherer? You can easily get a thousand blue scrips in Diadem with one, which is 4 sands. Two level 60 gatherers will make that 8 sands per session.

Not gonna lie, gathering would be the easiest, via blue scrips. Crafting would work, too, especially with Zhloe. Don't forget you can convert red scrips -> blue scrips.

The other option is via amber-encased vilekin farming, through Heavensward leves.

Slower ways are through poetics, GC mats (moonstones), or drops from ARR primals.

Aside from the usual suggestions, oddly, Diadem is pretty good for this. You get a lot of drops from lockboxes/reward bags for the following categories from Ulan's Note:
- elemental materia
- crafting items (celestine, etc)
- amber vilekin

Not to mention you can farm for blue gathering scrips while you're in there, and you get a bit of Lore for showing up.

So it looks like getting a level 60 Gatherer would be the fastest way (mine are all at 0). I read you can farm a single fish in one spot to get tons of blue scrip things which can be traded for crystal sand so I guess fisher is the best?

Robin64

So it looks like getting a level 60 Gatherer would be the fastest way (mine are all at 0). I read you can farm a single fish in one spot to get tons of blue scrip things which can be traded for crystal sand so I guess fisher is the best?

The Illuminati Fish outside of Idleshire are super each to catch and get you lots of blue scrips. I actually used that pre-Diadem to fund myself. Now the Diadem is here in its new state, though, that's way faster to farm blue scrips.

The best place to farm for scrips with fisher right now is Mok Oogl Island in the Sea of Clouds, where you can catch Moogle Spirit for 72+ blue scrips as well as Vampiric Tapestry for 12+ red scrips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom