• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneak peak of the next raid.

17499536_772925712858tausi.jpg

Luigi87

Still working through 2.2 since I'm focusing on grinding out PotD for Swiftcast.

Did Mother of Exiles though... Clever naming there...
July so far away!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The PoTD trade in, whats going to happen if i swap in 30/30 and im above that level and am I going to be rubbish in the 60+ floors with 0 wep and armour stats?
I don't think this part of your post has been addressed, but iirc you need to be 18/18 to enter floors 51+, so if you go below that, you'll have to grind again in 1-50.

scy

* Certain achievements have been omitted to prevent spoilers.

Chances are a title spoils it anyway :D

Also no mention of any final trial. Omitted because of spoilers or because it doesn't exist!

Most likely because it doesn't exist. They had no problems with Chrysalis and Final Steps with mentioning they were adding one, for instance, so I doubt they're hiding anything here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Most likely because it doesn't exist. They had no problems with Chrysalis and Final Steps with mentioning they were adding one, for instance, so I doubt they're hiding anything here.
I know, but don't take the hope that this patch is going to be something more than 15 minutes of running between NPCs for the MSQ from me.

I guess we could have another 40 minute long cutscene.

scy

I know, but don't take the hope that this patch is going to be something more than 15 minutes of running between NPCs for the MSQ from me.

I guess we could have another 40 minute long cutscene.

I like to be a downer.

We'll most likely have an MSQ solo event fight or two at least along with the lengthy cutscene. I assume. I mean, they can't really do a send-off of Heavensward with some uniform delivery, right?

Valor

I like to be a downer.

We'll most likely have an MSQ solo event fight or two at least along with the lengthy cutscene. I assume. I mean, they can't really do a send-off of Heavensward with some uniform delivery, right?

It's true, we haven't even found a single hidden child or delivered a single uniform to some dude who will ultimately betray us.

The writing really is going downhill.

iammeiam

Wait.

Scrolling through patch notes...

Is gob dip still seriously not in Dun Scaith?

Weapon progression is still Zurvan -> Relic/A11S/A12S/Diadem?

ffs

Valor

Clearly the answer is to just farm A11s what with its zero nerfs and 10 percent echo. Okay. That's probably enough of a nerf maybe.

ebil

A11s "farms" with echo will be terrible with PUGs/randoms/FC. It's already a random skip-a-thon depending on the group you land in, echo will only make it even more inconsistent. I expect to read a lot of complaints and hilarious anecdotes about it.

No Gobdip in Dun Scaith is really a dumb move.

Omni

I can tell you one thing

I'm DONE with a11s. Can you imagine all the random crap you'd be skipping with 10% echo? Gross

May just get a couple more 12s clears since I have 6 spare tokens but that's about it zzzzzz. I don't even know what I'd buy. Maybe War Axe? I don't even play it but might as well

scy

A11s "farms" with echo will be terrible with PUGs/randoms/FC. It's already a random skip-a-thon depending on the group you land in, echo will only make it even more inconsistent. I expect to read a lot of complaints and hilarious anecdotes about it.

No Gobdip in Dun Scaith is really a dumb move.

I'm curious what the reaction will be to 1st Optical Skip and EDD skip for the general population; a lot of weird inconsistencies group-to-group all within the first minute of a pull :|

well chrysalis was also never in patch notes

It was listed as an unknown (literally, ???) trial in the 2.5 notes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The following adjustments have been made to gamepad/controller controls when accessing the Party Finder:

Players can now cycle between categories using the LB (L1) and RB (R1) buttons.

Okay this is huge for me. I can't tell you how many times I've hit R1 in PF trying to switch categories because that's how it should have worked this whole time only to do nothing but switch my hotbar.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
New Daddy of Light trailer.

Haven't read the whole blog yet, but I didn't know that there are people other than the main protagonist and the father involved on the RL side. Interesting.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
What was really fucking cool was seeing Raulbarn go full berserker MAD BULL mode. They did that really well. I still can't believe that they allowed the stupid Lalafells to pull all that crap without a secondary plot twist though. I seriously expected that at least one supporting faction noticed what was going on and had something else going on in the background. Like maybe Yugiri's people staging the assassination to bring out the real conspirators. Meh!

Also Alphanannarnfjahdadha moping for what seemed like 25 minutes was really lame. Might have been better if the Crystal Braves actually killed him when they had the chance. Then they can bring his sister in as a replacement in HW and I would be happier.

Well that's an one normal opinion about​ Alphinaud that I heard but I'm not sure were people started to dislike him as a character in the 2.0 storyline. Is it because he came off as pretentious? I never really disliked him but I'm interested to see if your opinion of him changes over the course of Heavensward because at least to me he changes into a better person.

Well that's an one normal opinion about​ Alphinaud that I heard but I'm not sure were people started to dislike him as a character in the 2.0 storyline. Is it because he came off as pretentious? I never really disliked him but I'm interested to see if your opinion of him changes over the course of Heavensward because at least to me he changes into a better person.

Its because you spend a hugely disproportionate amount of time partnered with him compared to every other scion, nearly all of whom are more colorful and interesting.

duckroll

I dislike him because he gives me shitty quests. I think it's a practical reason!

the quests are all ??? but odin is the only trial listed in the trials section

I could have sworn there was a mystery trial in the patch notes but if that's the case then there's still a chance we'll get one.

I remember back when the mystery trial for 2.X came out and people were trying to be vague about what it was in FC chat.

I'm going to turn off /say /shout /yell until I complete all the MSQ stuff.

Robin64

Level 1 Garo glamor gear MGP prices:

20k for head
25k for hands
25k for feet
30k for legs
100k for body
100k for weapon
100k for shield

I don't think this part of your post has been addressed, but iirc you need to be 18/18 to enter floors 51+, so if you go below that, you'll have to grind again in 1-50.

ahh ok. Im up to 90-100 now (would have got there faster if people knew how to use limit break ffs) Im going to cap it then convert I think!

neoemonk

I got my last crafter to 50 over the weekend. Now it's time to focus on getting the crafters and gatherers to 60 before June.

Moogle quests here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom