• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

It's time to come back once I clear out a couple of other games. I quit just after I think the the first patch of Heavensward, so how much main quest has there been added to get ready for Stormblood?

Didn't take Amazon long to wise up. At least they're still doing it, was worried they wouldn't after the moves people did to cheat the system. 60 day time card bought anyways!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmm... anyone get a code yet? Seems that the ad on the games page is gone and no listings I could find have the note that you get the promotional code.

Omnicent

Hmm... anyone get a code yet? Seems that the ad on the games page is gone and no listings I could find have the note that you get the promotional code.

If you do a digital purchase it will take 1-3 days to get your code, not sure on physical purchases. You can always do what I did and talk to a live rep if you did a digital purchase.
Already redmeed my code and will get items from mog-station later today. There are going to be to many people flying on clouds in storm-blood.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If you do a digital purchase it will take 1-3 days to get your code, not sure on physical purchases. You can always do what I did and talk to a live rep if you did a digital purchase.

Bought a PSN card.

What I mean is, their ad was up on Amazon for a moment and now its gone. Also, no game listing I can see states that it is part of the promotion (like the site states it should be). Probably something on my end but eh.

Clearos

Came back to FF14, the last time I was on was the beginning of 2014.

Tried to go to heavensward map to get dark knight.......learn that they added 100 main story quests to the base game after I left. Crash course in tanking seeing I forgot about all the warrior skills and had no keybinds. Last night was a fun night.

Slathe

Are they changing the formula for raids and progression at all with Stormblood?

Really like ff14 but always burn out around x.2 because the gearing treadmill feels redundant.

ebil

Are they changing the formula for raids and progression at all with Stormblood?

Really like ff14 but always burn out around x.2 because the gearing treadmill feels redundant.
Nothing so far indicates that they're changing anything in the gear progression formula. It's probably safe to assume that the progression going forward will be the one they settled on with 3.x with little to no change.

iammeiam

Arguably the best thing to come out of HW treadmill-wise is that crafted gear makes it a lot easier to hop out at any point and instantly catch up at the start of the next tier. If they keep tuning things at Creator levels, you'll be able to buy crafted gear that's more than sufficient for any fight in the tier.

As long as you have a decent amount of Gil, you can basically hop off at any time, come back six months later, and just buy your way to raid-ready immediately.

Luigi87

Stormblood question: Do I need to buy ARR and heavensward in order to play Stormblood?

ARR is absolutely required as that's the base game.
I'm assuming HW is required (their site doesn't make mention of it) due to how story progression works in FF14 though.

Edit: Ah, corrected below regarding HW.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Stormblood question: Do I need to buy ARR and heavensward in order to play Stormblood?
Yes, iirc though Stormblood includes Heavensward so you can skip that purchase and just get ARR+SB or the $60 bundle.

Be aware though to start playing in the new zones you have to reach a certain point in the Heavensward story and if you wait for SB to get access to HW you'll be stuck doing HW quest/zones while everyone is rushing into the new zones at launch.

EjSCnta.jpg
23MxA4B.jpg

Anaithsol

Neo Member

If you're in no particular rush, you only need to purchase A Realm Reborn beforehand as Stormblood will include Heavensward. If you're looking to head into Stormblood's main scenario off the bat at release, ARR and HW will have to have been completed beforehand.

Luigi87

I'm thinking I may pre-order the Digital CE for Stormblood (and I only just started HW)...
I really like the push of FFV in-game items.

FFV was my first Final Fantasy game, and therefore it holds a special place for me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hope this thing still works. Not sure what I'm supposed to see (the line " Items that qualify for the promotion will have a note on the store listing." is conveniently vague)

ARR is absolutely required as that's the base game.
I'm assuming HW is required (their site doesn't make mention of it) due to how story progression works in FF14 though.

Edit: Ah, corrected below regarding HW.

Yes, iirc though Stormblood includes Heavensward so you can skip that purchase and just get ARR+SB or the $60 bundle.

Be aware though to start playing in the new zones you have to reach a certain point in the Heavensward story and if you wait for SB to get access to HW you'll be stuck doing HW quest/zones while everyone is rushing into the new zones at launch.

If you're in no particular rush, you only need to purchase A Realm Reborn beforehand as Stormblood will include Heavensward. If you're looking to head into Stormblood's main scenario off the bat at release, ARR and HW will have to have been completed beforehand.

Thanks for the answers!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I preordered on Amazon but didn't get any codes yet for the DLC. I checked my email and nada. Am I missing something?

If you pre order, you won't get code until preorder ships. They apparently learned their lesson after last time.

I just grabbed a 60 day game card. Got the code immediately.

aceface

I preordered FFVIIr and it sent me an email that said "here's your codes!" But didn't actually have does in it. That happen to anyone else? It's that email above but there no code under where it says "eastern journey attire."

Edzi

I preordered FFVIIr and it sent me an email that said "here's your codes!" But didn't actually have does in it. That happen to anyone else? It's that email above but there no code under where it says "eastern journey attire."

I got the same thing :(

Valonquar

I got the same thing :(
If you got this:

2 things to try:

1. Try again via Internet Explorer if you are using Chrome or Firefox could be browser or plugin related issue.
2. Keep going to the promo site, entering the Amazon promo code & your email address. It will let you reuse the code an unlimited number of times to any email you want, because the promo code is tied to a specific set of item codes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can the codes be redeemed if your account isn't currently active? I'm taking a break until Stormblood but I'd still like to get on this for when I come back.

I wonder which crappy print media publication we'll have to track copies of and flog our ugly mugshots to this time (and staggered across several months).

I never got the goods last summer because fuck having to do that shit, which was particularly irritating given that US folks were just able to spend $20 on virtually anything they want on Amazon.

I wonder which crappy print media publication we'll have to track copies of and flog our ugly mugshots to this time (and staggered across several months).

I never got the goods last summer because fuck having to do that shit, which was particularly irritating given that US folks were just able to spend $20 on virtually anything they want on Amazon.

Lol, yeah the official forums blew up about it. I know a friend in EU that really wanted the white fat chocobo mount but that promotion was too ridiculous for her and i'd have to agree it was very dumb. I don't know why such a promotion existed in the first place when NA was so simple. Oh well... if you really want it that was the only option. Very stupid. If SE listened to the number of complaints on the forum then maybe they'll change the EU one this year.

aceface

If you got this:

2 things to try:

1. Try again via Internet Explorer if you are using Chrome or Firefox could be browser or plugin related issue.
2. Keep going to the promo site, entering the Amazon promo code & your email address. It will let you reuse the code an unlimited number of times to any email you want, because the promo code is tied to a specific set of item codes.

Yep finally got it to work by reentering the code, thanks!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I pre order Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and I received my Promotion Code right away in my e-mail. The redemption website didn't give no issues either I got my 3 DLC codes on my first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom