• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

They really flipped the script with Alexander music. The mix of styles and genres in there is pretty crazy.

Qvoth

just read the rdm and sam leaks, after watching the job actions trailer again and comparing the rdm stuff i think it's legit

ebil

I don't think our SCH will even buy the expansion if the rumored stuff is true
I don't think he would have anyway
. That's pretty much what I was anticipating, Fairy Juice gauge to fuel skills on top of Aetherflow looks like an interesting concept at least.

Omnicent

if that 1Sen is legit sweet jesus. 940 fucking total potency (though it is a 60second DoT).
I'm calling bullshit on this, but with the names attached to those images we will know later today.
Also considering its not on xiv reddit (nuked?) it may be legit... hmm.

Samurai is literally dps war if any of this is real.

Maaaan Samurai looks and sounds pretty cool. Could be a fun class to play.

I get this horrible feeling that as soon as SB early access starts, I'll go in with my Dragoon, do a dozen or so quests...then find the first dungeon is "Recommended iLvl: Yours + 30" and die inside, just a tad.

IMBored

Maaaan Samurai looks and sounds pretty cool. Could be a fun class to play.

I get this horrible feeling that as soon as SB early access starts, I'll go in with my Dragoon, do a dozen or so quests...then find the first dungeon is "Recommended iLvl: Yours + 30" and die inside, just a tad.

In HW you could buy 115lv from the get go, You'll probably be able to buy 260~ gear in SB.

duckroll

I don't understand why we still have to guess and play with leaks regarding the most basic things - class changes in the upcoming expansion. Why isn't this fully detailed in a live letter and followup blog post? Do they not want people to be informed with what is coming and have meaningful discussions about it? Yoshi-P pls.

Sylas

Lucid Dream is basically a cross-role Shroud of Saints for healers and casters. This, and they'll be alternating using TP and MP.

Their spells are pretty cheap.
Ah! I forgot about Lucid Dream. Didn't think about their spells being cheap either. I'm really hoping these are true because they both look great. Depending on some things, I can see Red Mage being a really good group saver with constant instant rez. Drop a cure, get an instant rez.

I don't understand why we still have to guess and play with leaks regarding the most basic things - class changes in the upcoming expansion. Why isn't this fully detailed in a live letter and followup blog post? Do they not want people to be informed with what is coming and have meaningful discussions about it? Yoshi-P pls.
I honestly think this is a lot more exciting. But I'm also fairly casual with how much I care about the meta and numbers.

ebil

Hype cycle. We got the Live Letter last week teasing most of this, and they want a massive info blowout today to keep people talking. I think it's pretty frustrating but that's how Yoshida has been operating so far, so...

duckroll

I'm pretty casual too and honestly I don't need to know all this right now since I'm still powering through HW, but I just find it weird when like, people just normally announce these changes as a formally and no one has to guess or rely on leaks lol.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like there's a middle ground between 'everything datamined 6 months before the expansion comes out' and 'knowing basically nothing about half the classes other than how their moves look'; like you can have a hype cycle about unknowns and still have a lot more information than we currently have. Like MCH information appears to be 'they have a flamethrower and a gauge that does something??' (This will also coincidentally be the only information I know about MCH 6 months after release too).

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Because contracts with media

Stuart444

Just remember any numbers posted today may change. So discussions regarding pure numbers won't matter too much.

Though I'm looking forward to the info blowout regardless. Should be fun. Wonder which job people will be saying is DoA. I'm fully expecting something like that when we get all the info.

duckroll

I just want to know basic stuff like what skills are changing, what skills are removed, and how the new UI bits function. I don't think that's a huge ask. Lol.

Sylas

I just want to know basic stuff like what skills are changing, what skills are removed, and how the new UI bits function. I don't think that's a huge ask. Lol.
I think a lot of it has to do with Yoshi-P's fondness for the days of old. He played games like early WoW, DAoC and those games weren't largely shrouded in mystery. He has to show some stuff, sure, but he really enjoys keeping most expansion info under wraps because it adds to the excitement for him. I can't blame him because I'm in the same boat (plus I have to imagine it spikes sales right before the expac launches) but I can also see why people would wanna know some of the basics.

aceface

I wish for live letters like they had last week, Yoshi would appear at the beginning and say "Welcome, we have lots of new exciting changes for you!," then he would hand it off to the NA/Europe community team who have been fully briefed on the changes, know the game well and can explain things in detail in the players' native language. I suppose that's too much to ask though. What do those community teams do anyways?

Ken

I wish for live letters like they had last week, Yoshi would appear at the beginning and say "Welcome, we have lots of new exciting changes for you!," then he would hand it off to the NA/Europe community team who have been fully briefed on the changes, know the game well and can explain things in detail in the players' native language. I suppose that's too much to ask though. What do those community teams do anyways?

Isn't that what Duty Commenced is supposed to be but no one cares cause the news is moldy by then.

IvorB

I think a lot of it has to do with Yoshi-P's fondness for the days of old. He played games like early WoW, DAoC and those games weren't largely shrouded in mystery. He has to show some stuff, sure, but he really enjoys keeping most expansion info under wraps because it adds to the excitement for him. I can't blame him because I'm in the same boat (plus I have to imagine it spikes sales right before the expac launches) but I can also see why people would wanna know some of the basics.

To be honest I kind of agree with him. It’s nice to know some stuff but I also would like some things held back for wedding night.

aceface

Seems like fairy didn't get nerfed at all unless that video left that out (which I don't think they would for such a huge change)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I'll wait for someone to post an article with the changes/new information, only seen lengthy videos so far.

dramatis

The community teams have limited reach, often players prefer getting their info/news from the gaming personalities they like.

I think community teams at game studios usually manage the direct community for a game, but also relations to external fansites and other gaming communities/networks, as well as gaming news publications and the likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom