• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Chatter has it as tomorrow morning; there's some weird the end date of the embargo may,itself, be embargo'd thing going on, but leaks spring up here and there and tomorrow seems to be a common theme.

Also if the SMN 'leak' post on Reddit is true I expect SMN to get massive hype pretty quickly. Bahamut has a petbar!
I mean I expected it too since it very clearly replaces the Egi in the job actions trailer.

I'm going to wager it upgrades Ruin III when in whatever that state is, or makes a new ability available during it. The question I'm interested is if you can manage to keep Bahamut out for an extended period of time or if there's no way to refresh the 20 seconds it spawns for.

Our own Damiani has said stuff is going up tomorrow btw. https://twitter.com/mbdamiani/status/869673743701782528

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I assume the upgraded Ruin is just Ruin IV which triggers under Bahamut.

iammeiam

I mean I expected it too since it very clearly replaces the Egi in the job actions trailer.

I'm going to wager it upgrades Ruin III when in whatever that state is, or makes a new ability available during it. The question I'm interested is if you can manage to keep Bahamut out for an extended period of time or if there's no way to refresh the 20 seconds it spawns for

There's some stuff going on with a Ruin IV proc and Bahamut himself interacting with DoT ticks or something, alongside a drastic reduction in SMN dots (down to 2) and the timers on them going up to 30 seconds, or something. But the frustrating aspect of the FFXIV subreddit is that they've been given press access and so enforce press embargoes on the users to maintain their access/good standing, meaning that leaks that are accurate getting obliterated. And since both this original post and all comments on the subject have been nuked from orbit, it seems pretty legit.

B.K.

I just got
Thordan
on my trial roulette. I bet that was a pretty epic fight when it was new. Now, it's a pushover. At level 265, I never really needed healed once as a tank in the fight.

Guess Who

Banned
Hype for the BRD details tomorrow. Can't wait to be an actual mobile class again. I ran Titan HM the other day unsynced with Minuet off and it felt real good.

I just got
Thordan
on my trial roulette. I bet that was a pretty epic fight when it was new. Now, it's a pushover. At level 265, I never really needed healed once as a tank in the fight.

The EX version was like, top three fights in the game at the time of release imo.

MechaX

Also if the SMN 'leak' post on Reddit is true I expect SMN to get massive hype pretty quickly. Bahamut has a petbar!

I'm personally curious if this is a Dissipation scenario, or if your egi comes back out automatically once Bahamut has been exhausted. I can't see the former working out too well unless they massively buffed MP for casters up to 70 (kinda like the difference between 50 and 60 MP values).

Either way, I'm hyped for no more Aetherial Trail stack timers.

iammeiam

I'm personally curious if this is a Dissipation scenario, or if your egi comes back out automatically once Bahamut has been exhausted. I can't see the former working out too well unless they massively buffed MP for casters up to 70 (kinda like the difference between 50 and 60 MP values).

So i tried a Google cache thing, and here's the leak verbatim:

summoner ruin 4 suck, 15% of luck to see her with pet auto attack'' is a proc spell '' we can not spam it, we will rarely have it'' and potency is 230'' summoner dot are bio 3 and miasma 3, bio 3 during 30 sec potency 40, miasma 3 during 30 sec potency 50 and we loses miasma 2 and bio 2, ruin 3 not deleted we can spam it in deadwyrm transe, bahamut use shockwave if the player use action dot casting or ruin casting, We can use 2 ahk morn from bahamut in 20 sec deadwyrm transe '' 13 sec cd potency 680 and reduce dmg max 50% after 5 target'' 10% for 2' target 20% for 3' target,.... after 5 target is always -50% of dmg.

doesn't answer your question but...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I assume the latter. The former wouldn't make sense, S-E can't be that silly.

Qvoth

Wait wut happened to delirium?

Slash debuff?

Fuck me, someone please llease post a summary. I am super thirsty.

i think it says something about extending blood weapon and blood weapon effects by X seconds or something like that
keep in mind i saw this and hissatsuken guren on /v/ so....

I guess I'll submit something for the screenshot contest.

nIhCn1.png

First one is in Ishgard at night. I took this one a while ago but I liked the fog and background.

As for Heavensward the expansion it raised the bar for what Squeenix can do in terms of the story. New abilities/dungeons/trials/other features were all welcome additions as well.

That said I am hoping they will crush Heavensward with Stormblood.

Second one isn't in Heavensward and isn't part of the contest, I just threw it in from my screenshot folder.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Aleyn Blake. Dragoon.
K give me a day. I'll make you left side minus the belt and weapon so you just have to get a couple of accessories and the belt. I'd recommend pvp for those, they cost 1k a piece for a ilv 235 acc or belt. You get 1k bonus for doing the daily pvp roulette and 500 per win in 8v8 feast.

Sandfox

K give me a day. I'll make you left side minus the belt and weapon so you just have to get a couple of accessories and the belt. I'd recommend pvp for those, they cost 1k a piece for a ilv 235 acc or belt. You get 1k bonus for doing the daily pvp roulette and 500 per win in 8v8 feast.

Thanks, I'll get right on that.

Foxxsoxx

So leveling up other classes in this game is... not fun.

Really not a fan of POTD because of how repetitive it is, on top of it being a horrible way to learn your rotation.

Like, I want to level something up but jeez. FATEs seem to be pretty dead too. At least from what I see.

iammeiam

I'm getting deja vu about how shitty MCH was in 3.0....

they were right about BRD though

I've already made my peace with the shitty SB press cycle meaning there's a really good chance MCH information is going to be relatively sparse/incorrect/maybe both if I'm really lucky.

If it's fun but trash tier damage I'll live and people will be forced to put up with it or I'll just start yelling at them, but given that basically all eyes will be on Bard tomorrow I'm not hopeful for a clear picture.

I do also kind of half expect to somehow get another round of "ammunition wasn't working so while we tried Machinist we couldn't really get a feel for it" because oh my god really this is just Heavensward again isn't it Omega's just going to slowly rise out of a pond in Ala Mhigo yoship i am on to you.

Yam's

So leveling up other classes in this game is... not fun.

Really not a fan of POTD because of how repetitive it is, on top of it being a horrible way to learn your rotation.

Like, I want to level something up but jeez. FATEs seem to be pretty dead too. At least from what I see.

Yeah that's one thing I wish they would address. You'd think a game focusing on a "be all classes on one character" would make sure leveling other jobs is fun.

Dungeons are the best way to learn about your class, but if you're leveling a dps good luck with the queues. Redoing the same dungeons over and over is just boring and you're at the mercy of other players who can make your dungeon a real pain too.

POTD is by far the fastest way and you can easily carry your team if your gear is maxed out. But enemies just don't have enough hp to learn how your class works.

I wish they would copy WoW's World Quest system and adapt it to leveling. Or simply make Fates evolve into something more fun. I feel like pre HW it was mindless Fates grinding and in HW Fates became just an inefficient way to xp.

Rather than create one-time only side quests that bore everyone while doing the main quest, they should cut those and create fun repeatable quests you can use to level other classes.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah that's one thing I wish they would address. You'd think a game focusing on a "be all classes on one character" would make sure leveling other jobs is fun.

Dungeons are the best way to learn about your class, but if you're leveling a dps good luck with the queues. Redoing the same dungeons over and over is just boring and you're at the mercy of other players who can make your dungeon a real pain too.

POTD is by far the fastest way and you can easily carry your team if your gear is maxed out. But enemies just don't have enough hp to learn how your class works.

I wish they would copy WoW's World Quest system and adapt it to leveling. Or simply make Fates evolve into something more fun. I feel like pre HW it was mindless Fates grinding and in HW Fates became just an inefficient way to xp.

Rather than create one-time only side quests that bore everyone while doing the main quest, they should cut those and create fun repeatable quests you can use to level other classes.

Yeah, revamping levequests would also be nice. There could be a lot of small things they could do to make leveling better.

Much more XP given for chaining kills which also helps with FATEs. Another hunting log that resets daily. Random rare enemies in the world that aren't 50 or 60 that you can just kill for a big amount of XP. Hell even the treasure system from WoW would be neat. Anything to give some variety and an excuse to use the zones.

iammeiam

Random last minute leaks are going insane. If half the bullshit people are spreading about what happens to fairies is true (RIP pet actions, RIP embrace, fairy auras and channeled heals via a tether that kills the fairy), Scholar is getting slapped hard. Maybe they really will nerf the shit out of WAR too.

This random maybe-fictional DRK skill is interesting:
Lv. 68
Bloodspiller
Potency 380
DA 520
Grit 475
DA+G 650
Bloodgauge cost: 50

If true, the potency bump inside Grit would cancel out the damage reduction for being in Grit, meaning it'd do the same end damage either way.

Same guy posting the above also offered:
"Plus, Delerium now gives you MP instead of what it used to and is an ability."

I wouldn't post maybe-fanfic weaponskills except that the potency thing is a super obvious way to handle making tank stance something you actually stay in instead of just another defensive CD and now I hope they do it like... a lot.

At the very least, people are rapidly fanficcing alternate versions of jobs which are entertaining to read through.

Qvoth

Sch's libra increases crit chance on an opponent, so basically a reverse battle litany on a single target
GAWDDAYUM if this is true
Sch + drg = non stop crits

iammeiam

That + the random rumor that Contagion is nuked and replaced with a magic vuln up (would... kind of make sense in light of all dots being 30s now) make it sound like everyone's gonna have buffs for everything.

if this is true I can only assume hilariously lopsided optimal comps will form. If it is not at least I got to laugh for a while.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Delirium as a 120s MP regaining ability checks out.
Not sure why they needed to separately define Grit potencies instead of just saying "Ignores Grit damage penalty" like IB and Steel Cyclone do?

The endgame where EVERYONE has mitigation and EVERYONE has damage buffs that you can stack is gonna be... a thing.

scy

It does entertain me that they basically gave PLD inferior Fell Cleave and then made sure that theirs was the worst possible one.

iammeiam

Maybe they'll give DRK an Unchained-style-thingy so that a Grit Bloodspiller under that does more damage than it would not in stance? I don't know how much DRK stuff has leaked total and if there's even space for that.

It does entertain me that they basically gave PLD inferior Fell Cleave and then made sure that theirs was the worst possible one.

OK but current mock rotations ALSO suggest they made BB no longer worth the combo for, potentially meaning they fixed tank aggro balance by giving WAR PLD and DRK disease.

Omni

lmao if those SCH nerfs are true it'll make healer comp really interesting come 4.0.

Also makes me wonder how exactly they're planning to balance WHM and AST hmmm.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Provided nothing else changed for SCH, it still has ridiculously strong points even without a fairy - Indomitability and Deployment cannot be underestimated.
And then if it gets Libra that's like some kind of mitigation or damage buff...

And what does WHM get? More healbombs of dubious usefulness?

I just want to say that just like the fucking light farming, this Aetheric Condensation farming is the stupidest fucking timesink bullshit ever and I hate Square Enix for implementing it.

Yes, I'm upset.

iammeiam

There's something going on about certain direct heals from a WHM giving people stacks of 'Confessions' that can be turned into a relatively powerful instant AOE heal with no MP cost on a ~15s CD? I dunno, on the one hand it sounds pretty decent in terms of DPS uptime for a WHM after it's set up but on the other hand there's shit like:

As for raid buff/utility... I'm afraid not. A lot of their actions revolve around shortening (re)cast times for themselves. WHM has very little abilities overall after they got their shit ripped out. No scrolling at all on Actions, Traits or Job tabs.

And the rumored 'eat flowers to give somebody a shield almost as good as old WHM stoneskin'

Which just makes me hope they're all liars.

Super curious what they're going to do to AST at this point.

I just want to say that just like the fucking light farming, this Aetheric Condensation farming is the stupidest fucking timesink bullshit ever and I hate Square Enix for implementing it.

Yes, I'm upset.

The Relic grind has always existed for the sole reason of giving people something to do. It's optional content, no one is making people grind for Relics and there's absolutely no reason besides you want to behind grinding out the Relic.

The Relic grind has always existed for the sole reason of giving people something to do. It's optional content, no one is making people grind for Relics and there's absolutely no reason besides you want to behind grinding out the Relic.

I'm fully aware it's my choice. I'm not being forced to do anything. That's not the point.

I don't understand why people defend design decisions like this. It being my choice to do it or not isn't really relevant. I want to do content, I've been working on this since the quest started and I recently came back from a break. Why wouldn't I want to finish it?

Running old instances that you've already done a ton of times isn't good game design. You can give people "something to do" without a giant timesink or mindless repetition.

As stupid as some of the WoW Legendary quests were, at least (unless you're doing them now), they made you do content that was relevant or challenging solo play stuff. If you were a raider doing Shadowmourne, you were already in ICC, and you were working in the axe while you're doing the raid content at the same time.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
DRG stuff has leaked:

-In order to provide useful synergy with WHM, mdef has been halved. Every single boss now has megaflare towers in order to show off this combination.
-Jump's potency has been doubled; the animation however now takes two minutes. Animation lock changes have been reverted.
-DRGs will now get an automatic stream of raids in the bottom right corner from a MNK's perspective, as only one of the two classes are allowed to be good at the same time and they may as well get to see something.
-Default BOTD is being changed to green in order to provide a fun minigame for the colourblind of 'which buff do I have?' Please see 90% of this game's mechanics for more.
-Reverted access to the Goad Role Action, because no DRG player is ever going to actually use something helpful unless it buffs them as well.
-With the removal of Ring of Thorns anyone attempting to mash their old button in dungeons on single targets without heavy thrust will still get the animation to make it look like they're helping.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Dragoons are trash tier.

Water is wet.

The sky is blue.

There's no such thing as a good lalafell.

The rest of this stuff is true but I don't know where's your going with this grievous lie; how is the sky blue when it's always 100% filled with rain clouds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom