• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

No wipes on Lakshmi but..... I did die a few times cause I didn't know how to
use the Vril or whatever. The controller said r3 and I tried and died. Turns out you gotta hold r2 first then r3, lol

Baliis

Thanks to the people who suggested to do Palace of the Dead to get my feet wet. I'm starting to remember how to play this game again.

QQ, though. When I try to assign Stone I to my hotbar, it automatically adds Stone II instead. Is that a new thing? Can I still cast Stone I?

Spells like Stone scale automatically with level now.

scy

This would have felt terrible on NIN so I'm glad it's not going to be a thing.

Yeah; I'm torn on it from a PLD (Sword Oath swings!) and DRK (Blood Weapon triggers) perspective if only because it seemed neat. Not much testing done yet on Tenacity but it's basically looking like CHit-DHit future for everyone.

for Bard, i thought Skill Speed affects how strong my poison/windbite ticks are.....

This is still true, which may actually make the SSPD auto attack thing a bigger deal for BRDs.

DRK is gutted. I switched from PLD to DRK in part due to the animations and stuff (I play Death Knight in WoW, so there's some crossover class fantasy wise), but mostly because it was a million times more fun to actually play. Lots of oGCD's and choices to make when it came to mana and managing it. I switched back to PLD, because PLD is legitimately more fun to play now.

A bunch of DRK's abilities got taken from them, neutered, and then turned into role abilties, they only have two combos now, Dark Passenger is nerfed into the ground, Scourge is gone (so no more DoT management), Blood Price is pathetic. I could go on. It's beyond shitty what they've done to some of the jobs.

I had someone told me that they do good damage now, tho. Was he full of shit?

Also,yeah, it does feel gutted. I was playing DRK before picking my class to MSQ with and kept trying to do the fuckin Delirium combo smh.

B.K.

I love getting experience points from PVP. I just got 756,000 from Shatter. I'd rather do a quick PVP than PotD.

Well this is annoying. I wanted to give this a try having not played in a couple of years. It keeps saying it doesn't recognize my email for a password reset, but it's definitely the right one

MikeBison

Yooooo. Just hit level 60 with SAM. Glamoured a load of the dope Garo gear.

Now I'm finally in Stormblood. Let the hype story begin!

Well this is annoying. I wanted to give this a try having not played in a couple of years. It keeps saying it doesn't recognize my email for a password reset, but it's definitely the right one

where are you trying to log in? the launcher? a friend of mine had a similar issue the other night.. it turned out it was because her subscription wasn't active and she didn't have any game time left on her account. (she was doing this through the launcher)

Try going here -

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/reminder

Rarius

I wasted so much time leveling MCH and I didn't even find it fun, instead went RDM to 60 and have been having a blast. A week of wasted time however, I'm just *now* starting SB

scy

I had someone told me that they do good damage now, tho. Was he full of shit?

Also,yeah, it does feel gutted. I was playing DRK before picking my class to MSQ with and kept trying to do the fuckin Delirium combo smh.

It's really hard to say since everyone keeps throwing out claims on both sides without some parses to back it up. The last set of tentative parses post-launch I saw had DRK>WAR>PLD for numbers which is a little hard to believe but I'm willing to put some stock in it for the time being. I'll try and do some parses when I hit 70 on DRK and see for myself.

I will say that I still think DRK's kit, on paper, at 70 allows for the most on-demand power and scaling with the expansion, though I really do hope they extend TBN's duration a few seconds or let it give Blood on expiration too. It's a little clunky as is since tankbusters either do all of the damage or not enough for the whole 5s / full use qualifiers. 60-70 is a fucking trainwreck of a power curve, though.

where are you trying to log in? the launcher? a friend of mine had a similar issue the other night.. it turned out it was because her subscription wasn't active and she didn't have any game time left on her account. (she was doing this through the launcher)

Try going here -

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/reminder

Originally I tried the ps4 login, but didn't know the password reset, so it directed to that site you gave me. I tried forgot password there and it sends an email saying it doesn't find my email address. It's definitely the right one because I still have registration emails from them. My account expired ages ago, so maybe that's it? I sent them an email

When I say DRK seems gutted I am referring to their feel and kit rather than output. DOT removed, low blow (a cool kick animation) removed, shadowskin (another cool animation) removed, low blow reset similar to shield swipe removed, dark dance removed, blood price nerfed to near uselessness, dark passenger nerfed to near uselessness, and the mana management changes.

Other than the somewhat clunky feel of the new WAR and DRK, for tanks in general, I feel like an easy fix to some of the issues right now would be to make some weaponskills/abilities scale with HP. This way all damage doesn't have to scale with VIT and the extra HP isn't wasted.

If DRK is doing good damage and doing a decent job as a tank then that's likely what I'll level next. I can deal with it being more boring than before as long as I'm contributing

If DRK is doing good damage and doing a decent job as a tank then that's likely what I'll level next. I can deal with it being more boring than before as long as I'm contributing
I'm sure it's fine damage-wise. Even in 3.0 afaik, PLD was usable even if it wasn't optimal. A tank is a tank and is always needed. It just sucks that they took the job I spent 2 years playing and took out all the fun.

scy

For what it's worth, I feel slightly more active now, or at least more of a sense of chasing my GCD, with rotating DA on basically every GCD during the longer BW windows. Blood Price is essentially hot garbage now, however, and seeing _less than 100 MP triggers_ while leveling is fucking abysmal. I think I nearly let us die on the first long pull in the 61 dungeon because I just stared at "83 MP" and going what the shit at my monitor before remembering.

Still in the process of getting it to 70 but the pains have been there for some pulls compared to PLD/WAR leveling; at the same time, the damage side of it and out-of-Grit feels better as Delirium'd BW is an extended "I have too much MP please help me spend it all" mode. I do wish they kept one other oGCD, simply for the sake of the occasional non-DA'd GCD window needing a button press.

When I say DRK seems gutted I am referring to their feel and kit rather than output. DOT removed, low blow (a cool kick animation) removed, shadowskin (another cool animation) removed, low blow reset similar to shield swipe removed, dark dance removed, blood price nerfed to near uselessness, dark passenger nerfed to near uselessness, and the mana management changes.

where my bloodbath go

I can take a step back and recognize Warrior is in an overall better defensive position with gaining Rampart, having more fights working well with their timers (60s, 120s vs PLD/DRK 180s), and getting to bank IBs if the situation calls for it (even if I secretly hope to never touch that button). We still have probably the best threat generation, albeit we're loathe to ever go that route unless absolutely forced into it. But goddamn if there's something off about the lack of Bloodbath and some better sense of self-preservation and I hesitate to Defiance-Equilibrium-Deliverance more than I've ever before.

wamberz1

Almost have DRK to 70 now and I'm really starting to feel it all come together. The combat flow is a lot better than I thought it would be, playing with enhanced blackblood is a huge gamechanger. And dropping grit and going ham with enhanced length blood weapon has never felt so good.

k1t4j

been farming hws primals all afternoon not a single katana or bird.....

34 expanse tokens 27 hive tokens...

rnjesus please....

R0ckman

Almost have DRK to 70 now and I'm really starting to feel it all come together. The combat flow is a lot better than I thought it would be, playing with enhanced blackblood is a huge gamechanger. And dropping grit and going ham with enhanced length blood weapon has never felt so good.

How are you running him?

I know Verity is gonna become outdated (sad lol?) in a few weeks...but what's the rate via level 70 activities? Like I think its 15 for the EX Primals? But what about the 70 Dungeons.

Samus4145

Originally I tried the ps4 login, but didn't know the password reset, so it directed to that site you gave me. I tried forgot password there and it sends an email saying it doesn't find my email address. It's definitely the right one because I still have registration emails from them. My account expired ages ago, so maybe that's it? I sent them an email

Just a note, the email is case sensitive. I learned the hard way that they have mine with a capital C for .Com.

iammeiam

I know Verity is gonna become outdated (sad lol?) in a few weeks...but what's the rate via level 70 activities? Like I think its 15 for the EX Primals? But what about the 70 Dungeons.

80 per dungeon; EXDR has an 80 bonus, 50/60 roulette has 120, leveling has 100,trial has 60. Gear is cheaper in general too--chest and pants are 425, ring is like 180, gloves etc are somewhere in the 200s.

Verity is super easy to come by and depending on if/when you plan on hitting the primals you potentially only really need to fill the six left-side items and one ring, since you can get all the other accessories from Lakshmi and the weapon from Susano.

Good for outfitting alt jobs or just stockpiling it to see if they add anything that uses mats that can only be bought with Verity when they add the other tomes in.

80 per dungeon; EXDR has an 80 bonus, 50/60 roulette has 120, leveling has 100,trial has 60. Gear is cheaper in general too--chest and pants are 425, ring is like 180, gloves etc are somewhere in the 200s.

Verity is super easy to come by and depending on if/when you plan on hitting the primals you potentially only really need to fill the six left-side items and one ring, since you can get all the other accessories from Lakshmi and the weapon from Susano.

Good for outfitting alt jobs or just stockpiling it to see if they add anything that uses mats that can only be bought with Verity when they add the other tomes in.

Ah, cool. Doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm only 65 at the moment (just hit Azim Steppe) but I'm kinda cautious on that part of the end game gearing being too grindy (i know its subjective) because I get burnt out on that suuuper quickly.

ty

scy

They don't seem to have the fancy glow of the ones that drop, at least not when you try them on?

Please... don't tell me I'v been silly :(

The glow is from the crafted ones (and exist as basically glamour options); the drop one and the token one are the exact same version without the glow.

If you get a Hive Forewing, the rest of the mats to get one made are probably pretty easy / cheap to get.

k1t4j

The glow is from the crafted ones (and exist as basically glamour options); the drop one and the token one are the exact same version without the glow.

If you get a Hive Forewing, the rest of the mats to get one made are probably pretty easy / cheap to get.

hahhahahahahaha, thats what you get for being a noob I guess. Thanks for the explanation

I forgot to mention some of my thoughts on the level 67 dungeon . Spoilers so you've been warned etc
Doma Castle.
Are SE following some sort of template here? Haurchefant was killed in a level 57 dungeon and Gosetsu in a 67 dungeon. Does this mean new potential cool characters will keep being killed off every expansion? It kinda did hit me... I was starting to really like Gosetsu and his stuff with Hien

On Yotsuyu: SPOILERS
I still dont really like her, tbh. Her motives aren't that great but her voice actress is really damn good. However, I saw her coming from a mile away.
She never really liked the empire... just forced to be there. In the end, she killed Gosetsu and herself and she broke down crying. I didn't really like her motives and as far as I'm concerned she's just a disappointing character since she was killed off super fast.
I expected more buildup by seeing her as a creepy child in that flashback but there she goes... not even a fight with her? Meh, she's just meh. I can see why people like her but her motives have been done a zillion times in the ff series.

dramatis

I forgot to mention some of my thoughts on the level 67 dungeon
DOma Castle.
Are SE following some sort of template here? Haurchefant was killed in a level 57 dungeon and Gosetsu in a 67 dungeon. Does this mean new potential cool characters will keep being killed off every expansion? It kinda did hit me... I was starting to really like Gosetsu and his stuff with Hien

On Yotsuyu: SPOILERS
I still dont really like her, tbh. Her motives aren't that great but her voice actress is really damn good. However, I saw her coming from a mile away.
She never really liked the empire... just forced to be there. In the end, she killed Gosetsu and herself and she broke down crying. I didn't really like her motives and as far as I'm concerned she's just a disappointing character since she was killed off super fast.
I expected more buildup by seeing her as a creepy child in that flashback but there she goes... not even a fight with her? Meh, she's just meh. I can see why people like her but her motives have been done a zillion times in the ff series.
On the level 67 dungeon
To be fair the Gosetsu death was telegraphed miles away (in Azim Steppe even lol). I don't think Haurchefant was as obvious.

I agree on Yotsuyu.
I think they could have used her better. Not sure if they could do additional backstory in the patch story though.

wamberz1

How are you running him?
For trash pulls: Grab aggro, use BP, spam AB, use Carve and Spit for more AB's, occasionally siphon strike if oom. One I have a solid lead drop grit, pop BW, and use as many Quietes's as I can. Only using DA DP if I have a mana overflow. Use delirium nn BP instead of BW if there are more than 3 adds.

For solo targets: Use all the mana I have on DA Power Slash (only DAing because pugs can't be trusted to use anti-enmity tools). At about four DA power slashes drop grit, pop BW, Use delirium, go CURHAZYYYYY (and use cooldowns constantly). Use BS whenever it's up unless delirium comes up again.

This is just what I've been using to level up, it seems to make dungeon runs go way faster if I drop grit frequently.

Shahed

For what it's worth, I feel slightly more active now, or at least more of a sense of chasing my GCD, with rotating DA on basically every GCD during the longer BW windows. Blood Price is essentially hot garbage now, however, and seeing _less than 100 MP triggers_ while leveling is fucking abysmal. I think I nearly let us die on the first long pull in the 61 dungeon because I just stared at "83 MP" and going what the shit at my monitor before remembering.

Still in the process of getting it to 70 but the pains have been there for some pulls compared to PLD/WAR leveling; at the same time, the damage side of it and out-of-Grit feels better as Delirium'd BW is an extended "I have too much MP please help me spend it all" mode. I do wish they kept one other oGCD, simply for the sake of the occasional non-DA'd GCD window needing a button press.

where my bloodbath go

I can take a step back and recognize Warrior is in an overall better defensive position with gaining Rampart, having more fights working well with their timers (60s, 120s vs PLD/DRK 180s), and getting to bank IBs if the situation calls for it (even if I secretly hope to never touch that button). We still have probably the best threat generation, albeit we're loathe to ever go that route unless absolutely forced into it. But goddamn if there's something off about the lack of Bloodbath and some better sense of self-preservation and I hesitate to Defiance-Equilibrium-Deliverance more than I've ever before.

I'm levelling my PLD now and it feels so strange in that WAR feels so much more tanky in comparison now. Well in dungeons anyway. The shorter cooldown means I csn use several on each pack of monsters since PLD has an extra 30-90 seconds on the timer for their defensive kit. The addition on Rampart makes tanking bosses and Extreme Primale so much easier in Deliverance. I do miss Bloodbath though.

In an eight man threat generation only really matters for the first 10 seconds anyway. Provoke + Shirk is overpowered to heck and back amd can give some monstrous aggro leads without doing a single aggro combo and never entering tank stancebafter the opener. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed.

At level 62, I'm finding SAM much easer to play then NIN. People are telling me I'm wrong and SAM is way harder. Am I misssing something here, or just personal prefrence?

studyguy

So does Tenacity not do anything atm?
Keep seeing these posts about people throwing on a bunch of TEN and not getting anything out of it.

OceanBlue

Can't search thread since I'm on mobile. How is bard currently? Currently going through HW content and I don't see a lot of people talking about bard in this thread. Might have missed it though.

Arkeband

Banned
Allright, the Naadam was kind of cool.

There still seems to be no impactful story beats so far. Bad guys show up, everyone lets everyone live for ??? reasons, then you or the bad guys then go on to create more trouble for the other until you clash again and let each other live again.

Like, wtf?

Top Bottom