• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Foxxsoxx

I'm a little behind as I've been taking my time but damn the second dungeon was great. Both played so far were phenomenal, the second in particular in both looks and gameplay.

CLBridges

Leveling my PLD now, instant queues feel so refreshing coming from getting Bard to 70 first. Probably gonna really try out Red mage afterward, looks fun from looking at people play it in dungeons.

MikeBison

It feels strange having missed all the launch queue shenanigans and just doing the Raubahn instance first time with no waiting after hearing everyone else's experiences.

Danj

(tl;dr version: jumping back in for stormblood, callback campaign has free stuff, anyone want to invite me back and get free stuff?)

All the hype from my friends and on the internet, plus an incredibly cheap deal on the Stormblood non-Steam version upgrade (I already had FF14 non-Steam version base game), has convinced me I should jump back in for a bit.

HOWEVER!

I am led to understand that there's some campaign thingy on at the moment where if somebody "invites me back" and I then sign up for some game time after that point, we can both get free stuff.

Looking at my account details I apparently have a character on Sargatanas from back in the day (a level 33 white mage), does anyone on here have me on their friends list? The character's name is "Y'manda Hoshi".

Murkas

Having fun with the trial, my starter edition arrived but I'm not gonna redeem it until level 30 when the trial expires (level 15 Pugilist atm). Can anyone give or direct me to a beginner guide and/or tips.

Spruchy

So if I played vanilla Realm Reborn with a sqieenix account, do I have to continue with that or is there a way to migrate to the steam version?

okay...I now I give FFXIV a lot of shit usually. But as someone that played the game non-stop from the beta for 1.0 until HW patch3.2

I can't be anything but interested in coming back.
Would someone be so kind and tell me how the progression to lvl 70 changes the brd?

thank you :)

BRD is no longer a caster. They're currently one of the lower DPS classes but have good utility

So if I played vanilla Realm Reborn with a sqieenix account, do I have to continue with that or is there a way to migrate to the steam version?

I believe your account transitions across platforms. I.E. I can play on the SE version as well as PS4

chogidogs

I spent the whole day going down the Seventh Astral Era quests and despite me playing for about 12 or more, I have yet to reach 51 from 50.

I hope the rest of the main quests are more generous with XP. The grind is burning me out.

I spent the whole day going down the Seventh Astral Era quests and despite me playing for about 12 or more, I have yet to reach 51 from 50.

I hope the rest of the main quests are more generous with XP. The grind is burning me out.

The old 50 cap quests don't give much xp, if they did you'd hit 60 pretty fast cause there's so many. That's by design, although having to do them all in the first place is pretty annoying. I think the same thing happens when you hit the end of Heavensward and have to do all the MSQs added after, they won't give much/any xp towards 70 until you start Stormblood proper.

I hope for next expansion they work on trimming down the vanilla MSQ stuff. They could cut down a bunch of sidequest-ish stuff, condense some dialogues and reduce the whole thing a fair bit without losing much. Hopefully they also get this Squadron AI thing going and let people do the old MSQ trials/dungeons with your Squad or just Mercenaries type NPCs or whatever, so you don't have to wait on queues to do a bunch of that stuff.

chogidogs

The old 50 cap quests don't give much xp, if they did you'd hit 60 pretty fast cause there's so many. That's by design, although having to do them all in the first place is pretty annoying. I think the same thing happens when you hit the end of Heavensward and have to do all the MSQs added after, they won't give much/any xp towards 70 until you start Stormblood proper.

I wish they did dynamic scaling the way Elder Scrolls Online does for old content. I don't mind playing it, I just want a little reward for all of the work.

But hey, I just noticed that they sell level 60 booster packs for a class for 25 dollars. So I guess all of this is intentional.

A lot of WHM's I've ran into at 70 seem to be happy overall with where the class is. It's the SCHs who seem the most upset when all's said and done.
The job isn't any worse than it was before. New skills are a joke but hey, they broke SCH's kneecaps and buffed the shit out of Noct AST so it all works out in the end - although for the wrong reasons.

I'm still hoping Lilies/Confession get some changes, however.

Thorgal

I wish they did dynamic scaling the way Elder Scrolls Online does for old content. I don't mind playing it, I just want a little reward for all of the work.

But hey, I just noticed that they sell level 60 booster packs for a class for 25 dollars. So I guess all of this is intentional.

it's not .
The level booster potion is only available now with SB s launch
You have to remember that back then all these quests came out back when we where capped at lvl50 and all these story quests you are doing now did not even have any experience back then or give out gear to clear the next piece of content .

Only when HW came out did they made those quests give EXP and or increase the amount of EXP you got for doing Main story quests .quests.

They've recently started doing that with the beast tribe quests. Too bad it only scales to a point.

Zakalwe

Banned
Asking again as I got no answer before.... how's the performance on ps4?

I'd love to grab the full set for ps4 and log in to my old PC account, but I'm a bit worried I'll be put off if the performance is too poor having gotten used to playing at solid 60.

I know it's supposed to play well on the gamepad, and I'm really looking forward to playing an MMO again. If performance is decent I'll probably grab a copy today.

chogidogs

Asking again as I got no answer before.... how's the performance on ps4?

I'd love to grab the full set for ps4 and log in to my old PC account, but I'm a bit worried I'll be put off if the performance is too poor having gotten used to playing at solid 60.

I know it's supposed to play well on the gamepad, and I'm really looking forward to playing an MMO again. If performance is decent I'll probably grab a copy today.

I'm on a pro and it seems to be doing 60 consistently. I started my account on PC and I'm having way more fun on PS4. The guy who designed the WX Hotbar is a genius. I feel way more comfortable with a controller than I ever did with a mouse.

I guess my only gripe was none of my gear set and controller layouts didn't cross over. I had a system back when I played vanilla FFXIV but I'm slowly adjusting to a much better method (i think.)

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm on a pro and it seems to be doing 60 consistently. I started my account on PC and I'm having way more fun on PS4. The guy who designed the WX Hotbar is a genius. I feel way more comfortable with a controller than I ever did with a mouse.

I guess my only gripe was none of my gear set and controller layouts didn't cross over. I had a system back when I played vanilla FFXIV but I'm slowly adjusting to a much better method (i think.)

Oh, is it aiming for 60 on base ps4 too? If it does without too many jarring dips I should be fine (I'd take locked 30 though too).

I'll look into it a bit more myself too, thanks for the reply.

Paches

So my account randomly "lost" my Stormblood activation, I used the same cd key I got when I pre ordered it, now it is re-activated. Should I be worried? I am back in with Stormblood activated and playing fine now, but that was really weird.

Top Bottom