• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

The rotation at 70 can get a bit tricky and I'd say it is one of the harder classes to play well at 70 but I really like playing it. I just wish they did a bit more damage and had more utility. There is almost no reason to take a Machinist over Bard in raid.

We're still relatively early in, but to the relative amusement of all involved the Creator comp is starting to pop up in a lot of the current speed clear stuff. So while there's no clear reason to take a machinist over a bard, people are starting to just bring both again. The more things change, etc etc etc.

Could be housing, but could also be putting in the groundwork for their 4.1 changes, they have cross server linkshells and what not coming iirc, so they're probably changing a bunch of stuff.

Housing is 4.1.

They said that a while ago. They won't say that and then sneak it in early.

Housing preparations, not housing housing. The patch itself is going to be nothing, but the fact they're doing structural maintenance for longer than usual should mean they're doing some server related stuff, so they might prepare for the new housing stuff, or for cross server functionalities they're adding(the pvp thing and the linkshell stuff). It won't be active, but doing some of that stuff now might help.

Holy shit is Feast 4vs4 annoying. Get a warrior, lose. So many idiots rushing out of range/sight then spamming Nice job when they die without apparently using any defensive cooldown. 20secs left and 5vuln stacks with medal lead? Better go attack people. Shit's terrible, and I can't tell if no chat is better or worse. Probably worse.

Man, I can't believe I had to actually vote dismiss someone today in Castrum Abania. I'm pretty sure they never ever read the messages in chat and played the way they wanted because we dont pay his sub bullshite. They just refused and I mean refused to get us out of the deathclaws on final boss. He'd just spam slugshot and enhanced slug shot on the boss while we were getting choppedd to pieces and the healer is wasting mp. Yup, I actually initiated the vote kick because the player was such a waste of time, lol.

So they got rid of leeches? Ok. And replaced it with nothing?

Well you have Esuna as a role ability. They didn't replace it with anything so you get nothing for one of the SCH job quest anymore. Same for MCH they changed some stuff around and one of the quests give nothing.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The Rising is always great.

There's that year where you just went around doing FATEs or whatever, that was pretty bad.

This was cute though. Though I have to wonder
if even half the people doing it have played a first person dungeon crawler. It's not a FF thing, either, they were receding into the background already by then.

That was a fun event, much better than the usual stuff. Bit funny since I just started playing a dungeon crawler yesterday(Starcrawler, some game I apparently kickstarted some years ago and that's finished now, looks nice enough so far).

Probably taking a break once my sub lapses though, not much to do until 4.1, and even then I don't know if there'll be much to do other than just run the first 24man a couple of times a week. I'm generally done with my weekly stuff by wednesday, and I don't even need to do any of the daily stuff anymore, I finished the Garo stuff, I have all classes maxed, I get enough tomes just doing random stuff for Khloe or close to so I don't really need expert even. It's pretty standard fare but like yeah, time to take a break for a little while I guess.

Gridman

Neo Member
So, I was considering picking this back up for a try. Any recommendations on a class for a returning beginner? I'm tired of playing the game alone so I'd like to find a friendly group of people to join. I'm a fast learner and I never do stupid stuff like pull before the tank or put myself in a situation that causes trouble to the healer.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you could always be the tank- gladiator's a good class for a beginner tank as it's incredibly straight forward mechanically till 50.

If you don't want to do that, most classes are pretty simple at early levels so just pick one you didn't do last time; lancer/dragoon's weird to level though based on its levelling rotation is like one button at certain points, though.

iammeiam

Rising event was solid; I'd kind of like if they did paired events like Moonfire Faire/Rising like this more frequently. One just the quick spam thing, one they invest time and effort in to.

Minion descriptions aslo on point this year.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Rising event was solid; I'd kind of like if they did paired events like Moonfire Faire/Rising like this more frequently. One just the quick spam thing, one they invest time and effort in to.

Minion descriptions aslo on point this year.

I can't believe it's not dancer!

Epcott

I've been lvl 50 SAM for days trying to level up. Every time I select a MSC from Revenant's Toll it's for a hard dungeon (most are lvl 70 with a few exceptions). I don't particularly want to go to a dungeon since I don't feel competent as a tank, forgot how to access party chat, and finding a healer for duty finder is as much of a pain as it was 3 years ago. It's a shame that tomes are tied to them and the main way to rais your toon is grinding for tones in dungeons (unless there's another way I'm unaware of). I went to my free company to boost my rank and low and behold... it too sends me to a dungeon (Aurum Vale) in order to advance 🙄

I currently have 11 quests in my journal, 9 of them turned out to be dungeons.

I'd love to visit the Eastern kingdom village, but I haven't even made it to Heavensword content, and getting back into all of these systems and functions leaves me feeling out of my depth 😂

Maybe I've made a big mistake purchasing Stormblood hoping to get back into FFXIV.

Edit: Sorry for the vent guys. I think I'm just going to continue grinding and build up my SUM and SAM rather than doing quests... and just take a laid back approach.

dramatis

I've been lvl 50 SAM for days trying to level up. Every time I select a MSC from Revenant's Toll it's for a hard dungeon (most are lvl 70 with a few exceptions). I don't particularly want to go to a dungeon since I don't feel competent as a tank, forgot how to access party chat, and finding a healer for duty finder is as much of a pain as it was 3 years ago. It's a shame that tomes are tied to them and the main way to rais your toon is grinding for tones in dungeons (unless there's another way I'm unaware of). I went to my free company to boost my rank and low and behold... it too sends me to a dungeon (Aurum Vale) in order to advance 🙄

I'd love to visit the Eastern kingdom village, but I haven't even made it to Heavensword content, and getting back into all of these systems and functions leaves me feeling out of my depth 😂

Maybe I've made a big mistake purchasing Stormblood hoping to get back into FFXIV.

Edit: Sorry for the vent guys. I think I'm just going to continue grinding and build up my SUM and SAM rather than doing quests... and just take a laid back approach.
Just level tank.

One of the common things said is "fake it till you make it" which is a thing you can do. If you want to be more frank, you can just use party chat (type /p and press enter, and the text field will be set to Party) to say you're new and you're a scrubby tank, and so the party will have to deal with it. Because ultimately if they kick you, you can get another dungeon in 2 seconds, but they have to wait much longer to get a tank in the instance or else abandon the dungeon altogether.

Squishy3

I've been lvl 50 SAM for days trying to level up. Every time I select a MSC from Revenant's Toll it's for a hard dungeon (most are lvl 70 with a few exceptions). I don't particularly want to go to a dungeon since I don't feel competent as a tank, forgot how to access party chat, and finding a healer for duty finder is as much of a pain as it was 3 years ago. It's a shame that tomes are tied to them and the main way to rais your toon is grinding for tones in dungeons (unless there's another way I'm unaware of). I went to my free company to boost my rank and low and behold... it too sends me to a dungeon (Aurum Vale) in order to advance ��

I'd love to visit the Eastern kingdom village, but I haven't even made it to Heavensword content, and getting back into all of these systems and functions leaves me feeling out of my depth ��

You can also queue for lower level dungeons to get back into the swing of things. Read the tooltips, hit a dummy for a bit, you'll gradually figure it out. Despite all the venting posts about bad players and such, it's generally in content where people should know how to play their classes by that point. Generally if you say you're new/haven't played for awhile at the beginning of anything instanced people are pretty accomodating.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Still don't understand why they depowered lower level DRK so much. I get that with newer tools you get both better MP recovery and better mitigation and but what about 69 levels before that? Wouldn't even be so confused by this move if the game didn't try and goad you into leveling content so much.

Mantra "At least I'm not playing MCH right now" doesn't help a lot.

Top Bottom