• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

It's 15 or something on Omega, or well that's what the cheapest one was listed at last time I checked, but they also don't sell. I would agree that's what's money's for, but at the same time it's just a mount, I have a ton of them and it doesn't even look crazy good, it's just an ARR pony with actual wings.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Patch 4.1 New Information From Game Watch, Famitsu, Dengeki, and 4Gamer.

Pre Patch 4.1 will see a small scale updates (PVP Adjustments)

Royal Menagerie Extreme confirmed

More ways for you to utilize clan mark logs and GC currencies, like exchange for more things and so on

There might be plans to upgrade your Weathered job quest equipment (those you received from job quests) in the future. (Might?)

They are starting to focus in doing something about (the core system of) Glamours

They want to expand on inventory slots, and also have smartphone app features linked to the game.

4.1 will see friendlist registration on different servers, along with Tell feature usable cross server.

4.2 will see a group chat feature. Currently in works

Though they are making that items can be stacked up to 999, but couldn't make it for 4.1

Return to Ivalice will see a whooping load of spoilers, and introducing those will be the main

Though 4.1 content introduced in PLL may be briefed, they will introduce them all

For more in depths, they might make a Patch 4.1 introduction Part 2 to introduce them?

They will also announce a new high difficulty mode, harder than Omega Delta Savage in Patch 4.1

NGC Crafting Committee might create a whole load of original quests for the upcoming 14 hour broadcast

There may be loads of upcoming surprises for the costume Tanaka Rie (VA for Sophia and Kan-E-Senna, and Sadu) wears, and also from Yoshino Nanjo's radio corner.

Conversation with Hino will be more about the comparision between the present online games with the past.

On their opinion about Omega Delta Savage difficulty is roughly as expected

Compared to before, a lot of people are clearing each floors (A lot of the players cleared 2nd floor, though many are stuck and are struggling with O3S and O4S)

Sudo Kenji, the designer for the upcoming Beyond Savage mode, mumbles alot during the planning stage, and it seems that the scale is going to be rather epic.

This content mode is going to be the hardest of all since he joined the team.

The difficulty is roughly about the same as The Second Coil of Bahamut Savage

No story prepared for it.

Banri Oda (World Setting/Scenario Writer) wrote the story for Ala Mhigo up to Kugane, while Natsuki Ishikawa did mainly on the eastern side of the stories.

The addition of more Aetherlytes = Nope

Though there are plenty of places like Ame no Mihashira contains load of meanings but is otherwise unused...maybe it will be used in the future?

On Magnai, whether he will appear in the future is uncertain, though they have ideas and consideration, but it's not confirmed.

Swimming related contents, if any, will revolve more on 4.0 areas instead.

On Jump potions, it is not as used THAT much as people would have thought

No collab announcements with Youkai Watch

There is a possibility that 4.x series will contain Patch 4.6, 4.7 and so on

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I like that tidbit in one of the interviews.
"So it [New raid battle] is gonna be rather difficult?"
"I don't know about World First types but it will be fairly difficult"

Let me get my disappointment cushion ready.

Atolm

Royal Menagerie Ex and Super Savage will be fun. I hope Super Savage gives something more than a title. Like gear to skip the normal tier in the next raid cycle.

MogCakes

I will be i340 within a month. The most fun I have now is dps contests against other highly geared dps in my ex roulette and omega nm. Savage is fun, but it is feeling more and more like going through the motions. We'll likely hit neo exdeath this week. Content thirst is starting to set in.

iammeiam

The 'better' the Super Savage rewards, the more people it needs to justify its existence and the more likely it is people will demand a casual equivalent for anything unique. Which worries me.

That said, gear in-line with next tier's normal/crafted (maybe stick a bonus materia slot on everything) would be neat.

I will be i340 within a month. The most fun I have now is dps contests against other highly geared dps in my ex roulette and omega nm. Savage is fun, but it is feeling more and more like going through the motions. We'll likely hit neo exdeath this week. Content thirst is starting to set in.

We're getting a lot of mileage out of changing things around to try and kill stuff faster. There are nice milestones for kill time in either minutes or mechanics (sub-6 O1S; Exfaust before second Black Hole cast is currently eluding us, so we keep trying to shift cooldowns around) and it can make farm fights actually kind of engaging again. And it usually means lots of clears which means lots of tomes which means minimal roulettes so that's a nice bonus.

I'm also hoping some of the actual optimization practice there is good practice for Super Savage. I'm also hoping Super Savage is tuned such that it matters; more stuff like the surprise early Almagest and less set up so that everything just naturally lines up.

Squishy3

Eh, O1 was designed by the person who usually handles the alliance raids, and I believe it's their first time designing 8 man content? Can't really fault them, and people can't improve if they aren't given the room to.

For better or worse, Yoshida's trying to get his designers to branch out in types of content they design, so I feel it's ultimately a good thing. Challenge the designers, and even if they don't make something that's "hard" or particularly interesting, they'll be able to take lessons from it and apply it to other content they design in the future.

As for Super-Savage rewards, I don't know that we'll see gear on par with crafted stuff for the next tier (as awesome as that'd be) but maybe just toss in glamour gear based on the design of the remixed boss you're facing, or maybe make it a an armor set that you earn the complete set of when the last Super Savage fight for the expansion is released, and you gradually gather pieces of it when you complete that patch's fight. Don't make the gear something you need to farm for, have it be a one and done kinda deal.

Additionally, for maximum "fuck you" have it be the only instance in the game you can't unsync. Let people unsync O4S and meme all over that fight, but make people know they have to git gud for the Super Savage fights. This'd at least keep whatever reward comes from it meaningful. (Or just make the mechanics hard enough that unsyncing it just means you don't need to worry about DPS but still need to do every mechanic perfectly.)

iammeiam

Eh, O1 was designed by the person who usually handles the alliance raids, and I believe it's their first time designing 8 man content? Can't really fault them, and people can't improve if they aren't given the room to.

Except that I feel like O1's design would be disappointing for an alliance raid boss, too. It's maybe an S rank, and that's still maybe overstating it. Alte Roite feels like a rejected Dun Scaith trash pull or dungeon mid-boss than anything, and Savage doesn't flesh it out or reveal more to it.

For better or worse, Yoshida's trying to get his designers to branch out in types of content they design, so I feel it's ultimately a good thing. Challenge the designers, and even if they don't make something that's "hard" or particularly interesting, they'll be able to take lessons from it and apply it to other content they design in the future.

It's not about hard--O2S is equally easy, but infinitely better as a fight because it has depth to it and the Savage version feels like a well-thought-out iteration. Even A9S, my previous candidate for blah-est Savage fight, was a stronger fight because you could see potential depth in the mechanics that it was failing to realize; O1 feels like whoever was working on it with the alliance raid guy should have pushed for another pass of mechanics design.

Zomba13

What they should do for Super Savage is give every boss 10 billion HP, deals almost all tank health with every auto attack and has you constantly moving to avoid AoE.

People will still cry about it not being hard enough

Gator86

Patch 4.1 New Information From Game Watch, Famitsu, Dengeki, and 4Gamer.

Pre Patch 4.1 will see a small scale updates (PVP Adjustments)

Royal Menagerie Extreme confirmed

More ways for you to utilize clan mark logs and GC currencies, like exchange for more things and so on

There might be plans to upgrade your Weathered job quest equipment (those you received from job quests) in the future. (Might?)

They are starting to focus in doing something about (the core system of) Glamours

They want to expand on inventory slots, and also have smartphone app features linked to the game.

4.1 will see friendlist registration on different servers, along with Tell feature usable cross server.

4.2 will see a group chat feature. Currently in works

Though they are making that items can be stacked up to 999, but couldn't make it for 4.1

Return to Ivalice will see a whooping load of spoilers, and introducing those will be the main

Though 4.1 content introduced in PLL may be briefed, they will introduce them all

For more in depths, they might make a Patch 4.1 introduction Part 2 to introduce them?

They will also announce a new high difficulty mode, harder than Omega Delta Savage in Patch 4.1

NGC Crafting Committee might create a whole load of original quests for the upcoming 14 hour broadcast

There may be loads of upcoming surprises for the costume Tanaka Rie (VA for Sophia and Kan-E-Senna, and Sadu) wears, and also from Yoshino Nanjo's radio corner.

Conversation with Hino will be more about the comparision between the present online games with the past.

On their opinion about Omega Delta Savage difficulty is roughly as expected

Compared to before, a lot of people are clearing each floors (A lot of the players cleared 2nd floor, though many are stuck and are struggling with O3S and O4S)

Sudo Kenji, the designer for the upcoming Beyond Savage mode, mumbles alot during the planning stage, and it seems that the scale is going to be rather epic.

This content mode is going to be the hardest of all since he joined the team.

The difficulty is roughly about the same as The Second Coil of Bahamut Savage

No story prepared for it.

Banri Oda (World Setting/Scenario Writer) wrote the story for Ala Mhigo up to Kugane, while Natsuki Ishikawa did mainly on the eastern side of the stories.

The addition of more Aetherlytes = Nope

Though there are plenty of places like Ame no Mihashira contains load of meanings but is otherwise unused...maybe it will be used in the future?

On Magnai, whether he will appear in the future is uncertain, though they have ideas and consideration, but it's not confirmed.

Swimming related contents, if any, will revolve more on 4.0 areas instead.

On Jump potions, it is not as used THAT much as people would have thought

No collab announcements with Youkai Watch

There is a possibility that 4.x series will contain Patch 4.6, 4.7 and so on

All of this seems pretty great, but I'm only 67 so I can't comment on the end-game stuff at all.

They should scrap literally everything about the inventory system. It's shit from top to bottom. The weird split armory chest/inventory, the comically small amount of space, splitting vault space between individual retainers, etc. It's all so mind-bogglingly bad.

Fraxin

Next live letter will take place on 1st of September to the 2nd.

Matsuno will join and will talk about "Return to Ivalice."

Edit: Sorry didn't see Trojita's post.

studyguy

FRIENDSHIP WITH ODA ENDED

ISHIKAWA IS NEW BEST FRIEND

Astral

I got to 0.1% on O2S. This is considered an easy one too right? Lol damn maybe I'm reaching my limit when it comes to the game's harder content. I had to take a break and joined an unsynced Binding Coil of Bahamut run.

iammeiam

I got to 0.1% on O2S. This is considered an easy one too right? Lol damn maybe I'm reaching my limit when it comes to the game's harder content. I had to take a break and joined an unsynced Binding Coil of Bahamut run.

Everything Is Relative. O2S can be a lot at first because the vuln stacks actually mean business and the Gravitational Wave AOEs can and will kill people not healed up. From a perspective of only having done Stormblood end-game content, it's going to seem like a steep step up because it's a little more willing to kill you than anything else. There are some actual instant death mechanics which I don't think preceding Stormblood fights had much of, and if you're just getting started, it's going to be a lot.

From the perspective of the broader FFXIV endgame pool, O2S is one of the easy ones. There are spots of heavy damage, but they're pretty spread out. Everything has super predictable patterns, and you should generally be doing the same thing every time. The hard hitting AOE hurts, but also happens only four or five times in the fight, so you just need to know when they happen. There is very little that can't be just reacted to, and while vuln hurts you can heal through all of it. Even stuff like the stack mechanic doesn't hurt that bad--doing it wrong and having only half the group stack was pretty common, because it hit light enough to make it seem like that might be intended. So in context of endgame Savage fights, it's definitely get much in the easy pool. 3S and 4S are where It Gets Real.

But it's context; finding it hard doesn't say anything about being at your theoretical skill limit, because you're still learning. Keep at it, and you'll eventually learn the fight pattern and find yourself prepared to pre-heal damage. It'll be less scary. Then 3S and 4S will come along and be much, much worse... but if you're having fun, you keep doing them, you learn, improve, blahblahblah and one day you go back to 2 and it's suddenly weird to think about how much easier it seems now. And when the next tier of Savage hits, the stuff you picked up this time around makes you better prepared to handle it.

Basically it can be both hard and easy depending on perspective, and if you're enjoying it and stick with it eventually your perspective will shift. There's nothing wrong with finding it hard at first. If you're not enjoying it, it's not mandatory--4.1 will add upgrade items obtained outside of Savage to continue gear progression without needing to raid. And you can always go back later, with better gear. All else aside, the way the game is designed will always make this stuff easier with time, letting you pick where in the lifecycle is the right balance for your personal idea of fun.

Astral

Everything Is Relative. O2S can be a lot at first because the vuln stacks actually mean business and the Gravitational Wave AOEs can and will kill people not healed up. From a perspective of only having done Stormblood end-game content, it's going to seem like a steep step up because it's a little more willing to kill you than anything else. There are some actual instant death mechanics which I don't think preceding Stormblood fights had much of, and if you're just getting started, it's going to be a lot.

From the perspective of the broader FFXIV endgame pool, O2S is one of the easy ones. There are spots of heavy damage, but they're pretty spread out. Everything has super predictable patterns, and you should generally be doing the same thing every time. The hard hitting AOE hurts, but also happens only four or five times in the fight, so you just need to know when they happen. There is very little that can't be just reacted to, and while vuln hurts you can heal through all of it. Even stuff like the stack mechanic doesn't hurt that bad--doing it wrong and having only half the group stack was pretty common, because it hit light enough to make it seem like that might be intended. So in context of endgame Savage fights, it's definitely get much in the easy pool. 3S and 4S are where It Gets Real.

But it's context; finding it hard doesn't say anything about being at your theoretical skill limit, because you're still learning. Keep at it, and you'll eventually learn the fight pattern and find yourself prepared to pre-heal damage. It'll be less scary. Then 3S and 4S will come along and be much, much worse... but if you're having fun, you keep doing them, you learn, improve, blahblahblah and one day you go back to 2 and it's suddenly weird to think about how much easier it seems now. And when the next tier of Savage hits, the stuff you picked up this time around makes you better prepared to handle it.

Basically it can be both hard and easy depending on perspective, and if you're enjoying it and stick with it eventually your perspective will shift. There's nothing wrong with finding it hard at first. If you're not enjoying it, it's not mandatory--4.1 will add upgrade items obtained outside of Savage to continue gear progression without needing to raid. And you can always go back later, with better gear. All else aside, the way the game is designed will always make this stuff easier with time, letting you pick where in the lifecycle is the right balance for your personal idea of fun.

TL;DR

But yeah I feel you. I used to think Lakshmi and Susan EX were hard and now I shake my head at the thought. It's taken me many runs but I feel like I pretty much know the fight. I'm no longer messing up like I used to. The problem is i still can't beat it because if anyone messes up we eventually die because of the debuff. Then people get discouraged and start leaving and it just repeats once new people join the party. I'm looking forward to O3S because it has more learning parties and, having completed O2S by then, I'd be able to join more parties that can complete it more quickly.

Astral

Shit that reminds me. I fucked up last night when I was doing the raid and saw that I had BRD shit on my hotbar. Is there a way to make it so your jobs don't share hotbars? Or a way to make it so that they do?

iammeiam

Hmmm, many people stuck on O3S and O4S? How much in comparison to Alexander creator though? I'll also believe the super savage hype when I see it.

There are always people stuck at various spots every tier; it seems more exaggerated now because the barrier to entry is a lot lower (minimal work beyond reaching cap to start raiding), nothing like Faust blocking people at the start and 1 and 2 going down so quick. 3 is where stuff starts getting tricky and 4 is a flood of mechanics although 340 weapons should have taken a lot of the edge off enrage.

Shit that reminds me. I fucked up last night when I was doing the raid and saw that I had BRD shit on my hotbar. Is there a way to make it so your jobs don't share hotbars? Or a way to make it so that they do?

Go into character settings and look for shared hotbars (crossbars for controller.) Enabke sharing for whichever bars you want to be the same on all jobs, then turn it off for the ones that you want to be job-specific. You will need to reset up your bars on each job after you turn sharing for that bar off.

Also on your prior post: Are you joining page runs or two chest groups? By the weekend the pool of people looking for two chest clears is usually reduced; page runs will get you people who have already cleared for the week which can mean slightly better parties/odds for success. Losing or at the shot at loot kind of sucks, but it's worth taking the hit once to get it cleared sometimes. Then once you've dropped newbie bonus, getting in weekly parties on Tuesday should be a lot easier.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hmmm, many people stuck on O3S and O4S? How much in comparison to Alexander creator though? I'll also believe the super savage hype when I see it.
My group is still working on O4S but I don't consider us stuck. We're making good progress each night. It's just a matter of spending more time in there, since our raid schedule is very casual at ~5 hours a week.

I'm definitely not touching super savage. I want no part of that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
My group is still working on O4S but I don't consider us stuck. We're making good progress each night. It's just a matter of spending more time in there, since our raid schedule is very casual at ~5 hours a week.

I'm definitely not touching super savage. I want no part of that.

If your group feels good about O4S once you're done with it I strongly encourage you to at least try. Even if you don't succeed, it's gonna be good learning experience and something tells me that even Super Savage isn't gonna be as balls to the wall this time around.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If your group feels good about O4S once you're done with it I strongly encourage you to at least try. Even if you don't succeed, it's gonna be good learning experience and something tells me that even Super Savage isn't gonna be as balls to the wall this time around.
Normally I'd want to at least take a look at it, but in this case, I think I'm fine with passing on it, and I'm pretty sure the others in my group agree. My group is kind of on its way out of the raiding scene because we've been raiding together since T5, and most of us are at a point where we're looking to move on from the raiding life. Some of us are starting new jobs, and my wife and I (she heals and I tank in this group) are having a kid soon, so we see this raid tier as a sort of last hurrah.

I've definitely had my fill of raid progression and learning/practicing how to do raid mechanics. I'm just hoping to clear O4S before the baby comes lol.

Euphony

Banned
I used my Fantasia from my first month of sub to switch from an Elezen to Roegadyn and I'm really liking my new character. With that said, I'm super tempted to use another Fantasia in the future to make a Lalafell. Those little potatoes are too adorable!

On a separate note I've been taking my time since finishing the 2.0 questline and I'm really enjoying how FFXIV does hard dungeons differently. I expected it to be like every other MMO where it's the same dungeon just with bigger numbers, but I was pleasantly surprised it's a completely new experience. I'm also in love with the Hildibrand questline, simply amazing.

B.K.

I could have gotten Miner to 70 tonight if it wasn't for maintenance. I just have fishing left for gathering classes. I don't know if I want to level it or not.

I could have gotten Miner to 70 tonight if it wasn't for maintenance. I just have fishing left for gathering classes. I don't know if I want to level it or not.

I may be in the minority but I find fishing super easy to level. It's really relaxing too imo.

Bowlie

Banned
The only tedious part of FSH leveling was when I had to wait for a collectable to appear during a certain weather and time.

Luckily, Sea Pickles and Sea Lamps were so cheap on my server that I bought my way from 63 to 70 with under a million gil and a lot of leve allowances.

Small question about POTD since I can't seem to find a specific answer; say me and a friend form a 2-man party for it, are we still able to pick up two more randoms via POTD party matching?

iammeiam

Small question about POTD since I can't seem to find a specific answer; say me and a friend form a 2-man party for it, are we still able to pick up two more randoms via POTD party matching?

Yes; party up and queue for 'matched party' and it'll form a save with you, your friend, and two random spots. It will only work up to floor 100; 101+ requires starting the save from floor 1 or 51 with the 'fixed party' option, which is all premade no matching.

Great, thanks! How does floor resetting work in that case then? Say we want to repeat 1-10 or 50-60 for leveling purposes, can we just quit the matched POTD party when we clear the 10 floors?

Bebpo

Banned
Just saw the patch changes. Why now of all times did they decide to nerf NIN hard in DPS? Because what? They thought people were clearing Omega/Ex too easily so that's an easy way to make it tougher? :\

Considering the PuG Omega (normal) runs I'm doing are still barely making DPS checks, uh I don't like these nerfs.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just saw the patch changes. Why now of all times did they decide to nerf NIN hard in DPS? Because what? They thought people were clearing Omega/Ex too easily so that's an easy way to make it tougher? :\

Considering the PuG Omega (normal) runs I'm doing are still barely making DPS checks, uh I don't like these nerfs.

PvP actions have been adjusted as follows:

Now, why they decided to nerf PVP SCH a little bit and keep pretending BRD isn't a killing machine is another matter!

B.K.

Just saw the patch changes. Why now of all times did they decide to nerf NIN hard in DPS? Because what? They thought people were clearing Omega/Ex too easily so that's an easy way to make it tougher? :

Aren't the changes just for PVP? It shouldn't affect the main game. It's a pretty pointless update.

iammeiam

Great, thanks! How does floor resetting work in that case then? Say we want to repeat 1-10 or 50-60 for leveling purposes, can we just quit the matched POTD party when we clear the 10 floors?

When running a matched party, the party only lasts for the 10 floor block you've queued into. So you and your buddy will queue in at 1, go through 10, and after 10 exit and be at a party with just you two. You can then either continue the save and do 11-20 with new people, or delete the save and queue in 1-10 again. You're stuck doing one of the two--you can't, say, repeat 11-20. You either start at 21 next time, or wipe out the slot and start again at 1.

The exception to that is clearing floor 50. Once you've cleared 50, you can start future matched parties at 51, reset, and start again at 51. When level grinding it's super common to just do 51-60 over and over and over, but you need to get that far first.

Aren't the changes just for PVP? It shouldn't affect the main game. It's a pretty pointless update.

Yea it's just for PVP, and MNK definitely needed a slight nerf. Their burst is insane -- it's much higher and dispensed faster than any melee class. I thought MNK sucked when I first tried it out and complained about their trash escape/survival compared to SAM/NIN/DRG which actually have mid-range attack options and can jump/teleport/dash to close gaps or retreat, but then I saw how everything melted before them and realized that was the trade-off.

Still waiting to get repose back on WHM though...

Super savage has a title and bragging rights and I'm okay with that. Yoshi doesn't need to dangle a new carrot to get me to try it. I'm still on O4S and my first serious attempt at it will be tomorrow since I've had a major schedule change in my life now which should do me some good to get some raiding in. I hope my tryout this week will go well because I found a static but at the same time every fucking time I find one there's always a stupid reason that makes me leave the group. 1st was the disband in o1s after our who dc'd because their schedule was fucked and apparently they were ukers going to school in the summer. 2nd static was also a major disaster by the time 2nd night came in... whm never dps'd and kept wiping and wiping on reaper tokens in O3S. Now, I'm with my third static of the tier for O4S. It's kinda ridiculous, tbh. Anyway, I'm glad I'm this far in the tier but O4S just looks impossible to pug so I need to try with this new static who hopefully are calm and nice people. I can't ever play with elitists without feeling disgusted that's for sure. Meh, just a little frustrated with the constant untrustworthy statics.

B.K.

I don't know if I want to raid tomorrow night or play Sonic Mania since the PC version comes out tomorrow. Decisions.

Omni

2nd static was also a major disaster by the time 2nd night came in... whm never dps'd and kept wiping and wiping on reaper tokens in O3S.

I can't ever play with elitists without feeling disgusted that's for sure.

So you left your second static on your second night because the WHM was still learning mindjack and wasn't dpsing to your standard

but yes damn those elitists

Top Bottom