• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

LordKasual

Banned
Aurum Vale... good dungeon... Nah, especially not with even larger rooms of nothing mobs, puke yellow everywhere or full gray, and lame bosses and shit music.

Now Pharos Sirus, now that was a great dungeon! Too bad it hit folks like a grown ass man on release and most people just skipped it when they could.

Aurum Vale was a good dungeon. Brayflox was good too.

Pharos has always been extremely overrated to me. Outside of its neat aesthetic, i don't get what people loved so much about it.

Squishy3

I swear the hardest part of O3S for me is figuring out who the fuck I'm tethered to for spellblade holy lol.
Dude, I'm a Dragoon and Dragon Sight is still up during Spellblade Holy so it's actually the worst. If I get tethered to the person I used Dragon Sight on, you can barely tell you're tethered to them since the two kind of merge together. If I'm not tethered to the person I used Dragon Sight on, even though Dragon Sight is a different texture for the tether it's still another tether stretching between people, so you need to cross off the Dragon Sight tether off your list but it's also still moving around as people get into position.

I'm complaining about this during the next Q&A session they have, lmao.

Luminaire

oagDqYX.jpg
Fucking finally. Haven't been able to run for like a week due to IRL shit.

Edzi

I did it, sub canceled :(

18 days left on it though, so I'll probably pop in a few times. I'll hop back in for real once new content starts to pile up.

Dad of Light is up on Netflix. Is this how RP looks on Balmung? I did laugh a bit at the first episode at least. What could go wrong with the son's plan?

Luminaire

Thanks all. Got the snex so I can do the awkward ass wing shake.

Edit: I didn't know you were Luminaire Valesti from Einherjar and that your static merged with part of Machination this raid tier.

Congrats on your clear.
Our bard has been from Mach since A3S, but our warrior quit just before SB so we picked up another Mach person. I take it you know some of them?

LordKasual

Banned
Got Black Mage to 70

this class is fucking satisfying now....i thought that the Fire IV potency nerf was bad, but Foul just kind of makes up for everything

Super plus that they allow you to stock a Foul without Enochian being up, and casting it doesn't reset the timer, meaning you can technically cast 2 in a row if situations permit

The AoE damage is absolutely hilarious in dungeons. Flare > Flare > Flare > Foul > Foul is a legit thing

Man, i'm mad i started with Bard. It was feeling pretty good until Refulgent Arrow, but BLM is where its at right now lol

Raijinken

Thanks all. Got the snex so I can do the awkward ass wing shake.

Our bard has been from Mach since A3S, but our warrior quit just before SB so we picked up another Mach person. I take it you know some of them?

I know Naiah from a linkshell and Kaze used to be my main tank before the expansion but our raid time couldn't work for him anymore. My group is the only one on Ultros that raids at midnight, haha.

Qvoth

yeah, i had been entering sooooo many 0 and 1 chest runs just to keep on failing, but this time when i join 2 chests i finally won lol
got caster body

Luminaire

I know Naiah from a linkshell and Kaze used to be my main tank before the expansion but our raid time couldn't work for him anymore. My group is the only one on Ultros that raids at midnight, haha.

Small world. They're good people. Our static started in 2013 and is very close knit. Thankfully they mesh very well with our personalities and play styles.

sweet jesus finally cleared v4s

Gratzo!

Astral

How do you guys go about glamouring yourself up? I saw a couple of other healers with some really nice-looking gear. One was Dreadwyrm and the other some robe from the Vault. I could go around examining people and stealing their style but that's not cool.

How do you guys go about glamouring yourself up? I saw a couple of other healers with some really nice-looking gear. One was Dreadwyrm and the other some robe from the Vault. I could go around examining people and stealing their style but that's not cool.
Nothing wrong with getting ideas from other people

Leunam

With my DRK reaching close to 70 I've had to redo my tank glam to be more inclusive to other tanks. I had a Blue Mage glamour that I was really proud of.

iammeiam

This isn't a bad site to browse and see various themes other people have come up with.

I tend to see a piece I like and then just try to pile stuff on to match it, or revert to an old familiar glamour, or just get annoyed and run around in a ghost costume for a while. But the glamour site isn't a bad idea if you're looking for a starting point.

Luminaire

I have a good fashion sense, but I will usually run through town to see what's current. I do this to see what is overdone, done poorly, and what I should avoid. See 6 cat girls all in the same outfit? Nope. I try to go for things that are striking yet simple. Usually darker colors and then contrast the hair in color and make sure it doesn't clip. Currently using the Squall coat, scion bottoms and shoes, and bunny loops for wrists. I like the look a lot and not that many people have the coat. I may dye it white to stand out more.

Also, Always avoid looking like a slut. Male or female.

Astral

This isn't a bad site to browse and see various themes other people have come up with.

I tend to see a piece I like and then just try to pile stuff on to match it, or revert to an old familiar glamour, or just get annoyed and run around in a ghost costume for a while. But the glamour site isn't a bad idea if you're looking for a starting point.

I was looking at this and it helped in finding out about cool looking gear I wasn't aware existed so that's a start. I also found a nice ninja outfit but unfortunately a lot of it comes from some Amazon preorder. Eastern Wanderer set or something like that.

I have a good fashion sense, but I will usually run through town to see what's current. I do this to see what is overdone, done poorly, and what I should avoid. See 6 cat girls all in the same outfit? Nope. I try to go for things that are striking yet simple. Usually darker colors and then contrast the hair in color and make sure it doesn't clip. Currently using the Squall coat, scion bottoms and shoes, and bunny loops for wrists. I like the look a lot and not that many people have the coat. I may dye it white to stand out more.

Also, Always avoid looking like a slut. Male or female.

I see a lot of people in that one Chinese dress. Definitely gonna avoid that.

Guess Who

Banned

I just go digging through the marketboard and tome vendors and find cool shit I like. There's also a few dungeon and raid drop gears that are cool, but those can be a bit harder to preview. You can use the "Save outfit" feature in the preview window to put together a whole outfit to preview at once if you're trying things on.

Color coordination is also important, I think - certain colors might look better on your character than others. A Xaela with purple skin or blue skin, for instance, is probably going to look pretty garish in Dalamud Red.

Also, unless you're hanging out at Costa del Sol for some reason, no swimsuits. That's the law.

Guess Who

Banned
also, imo: if you care about Immersion at all you should try to consider what kind of gear your job would wear. Boob armor is always a joke but if you're a tank it's even moreso - tanks need heavier armor than other jobs. Monks will probably be wearing something skimpier so they have more freedom of movement, as would bards. Casters are fine with heavier robes as they're more stationary, though red mages may want some leg room at least. etc. etc.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If I find a piece that I think looks good, I go to the market board or my inventory to see if I can match it with anything.

Some pieces aren't sold on the market boards, though. Those you just kind of have to see on other people.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
also, imo: if you care about Immersion at all you should try to consider what kind of gear your job would wear. Boob armor is always a joke but if you're a tank it's even moreso - tanks need heavier armor than other jobs. Monks will probably be wearing something skimpier so they have more freedom of movement, as would bards. Casters are fine with heavier robes as they're more stationary, though red mages may want some leg room at least. etc. etc.

White mages should use heavy armour because it's divine magic, innit.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
You people are the last ones that should be giving armor advice.

(tangenting but: if we buy that Savage is always the minstrel making up crap or us daydreaming, exploitative and impractical armors for flash and style purposes are probably more immersive.)

I'm a weeb now, you have no power over me. Haohmaru and Kenshin and Ogami and all that shit (help I don't know anything made in the last ten years).

I'm still confused by the stomach hole, though. Like... even if it was for sexing it up or whatever, was someone extremely attracted to torsos and random spikes? What is its purpose.

Top Bottom