• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Kanashimi

This has been a mess. I was already kinda upset spending 200 when Heavensward CE was 150... A lot of my friends are about to hit 70 without doing the Cold Steel quest. It's finally starting to work only within the last hour or so.

I basically couldn't do anything. I kept getting this intense lag so I couldn't dodge AOEs so even if I looked in to do an instance or farmed FATEs I was still getting screwed. I was so bitter I made a really horrible song with friends (that's how you know it was born of drunk ideas):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWhwyaZ6lnE

The new areas look great though. I kinda had fun just walking around and filming them. I was a little worried since a majority of it was just more desert.

wamberz1

Starting to really come around on Riddle of the Earth. There nothing more satisfying than earths reply proccing with a second or two to spare during fights where you have to spread out for tracking aoes.

A question about SB's general plot and the Scions' part on it:

Where the hell is Thancred? Will he be the new Alisaie? I don't mind that exchange.

The first cutscene of SB, in which the Scions discussed how to divide up responsibilities, had Thancred say he would man the fort at the Rising Stones since someone had to.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How is the Stormblood story compared to Heavensward? I really enjoyed the latter so I'm thinking of jumping back in.

Zomba13

No TP cost though, so it's usable in combat.

Just like you can't use mounts in towns, they should just change it so when Sprint it used in town it's like a toggle or buff that just stays there.

So annoying using sprint now. It's great you can use it in combat but I still want to get around towns fast.

Kudo

3,000 people in queue and yesterday it took 2 hours to get through 1,600, yeah I'm not waiting that today guess I'll play after midnight again.
I fear for the retail launch.

Luminaire

How is the Stormblood story compared to Heavensward? I really enjoyed the latter so I'm thinking of jumping back in.

I like it a lot so far. It's serious, dark, powerful, funny, and charming. The villains are great villains, and the heroes are great heroes. You learn a lot about these places and their history and you just want to do something, anything to help. You feel like you get stronger through the story and everything just feels more...human. There's not a "lol you're not a dragon fuck off" type of feel that I got with HW, and I don't feel like I'm doing silly frivolous things for dragons and people who hate dragons.

I did like the 'church' aspect of HW a lot and everything to do with Thordan. I'd say if you liked HW, you'll like SB. I just like SB a lot more now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The red mage trainer is kind of a let down. He's so generically goodie two-shoes.

duckroll

When it works, Stormblood is SO FUCKING GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the Raubhan situation gotten any batter overnight?

Seems totally fixed now. I ran past him a few times after clearing it and there aren't 4853659634 people stranding around him anymore. I managed to clear Pipin on the first try so I dunno if that's a problem at this point.

Luigi87

I think I'm making good progress through HW.
Two days ago I just arrived in Dravania, and now I just did Bismarck (and had a rage quitter after one wipe who just went "sigh" and left... I've never experienced that in this game before.)

If SB's story is even half as exciting as HW's (and from impressions I'm reading among you lot, it seems it's quite good) then I'm in for a treat.

duckroll

If SB's story is even half as exciting as HW's (and from impressions I'm reading among you lot, it seems it's quite good) then I'm in for a treat.

Bismarck is one of the best Primal battles imo. But that's just the start of the "gets really good" part of HW. Post-3.0 is nuts!

aceface

Depends on what DC you're on really. Europe has been mostly fine for me after the first day. Sounds like Japan is in good shape as well. NA is still a burning trash fire.

No, it's fixed right now, at least on Ultros. A few people from my static got both Rauhban and Pippin on the first try this morning.

B.K.

Finally cleared Raubhan Savage. If I had known it would clear up this soon today, I wouldn't have stayed up until 4:30 last night trying to get in.

Jinko

I should hope not! If this had been worse than 1.0, the game would need to be shut down for good this time. Still, Square, and Yoshida in particular as the face of this game, have generated a lot of bad blood towards them and I'm not sure how much of that will blow over whenever the current issues finally subside and how much will end up with long-term consequences for the game's health.

People won't care about it in a couple months, as frustrating as it is these things happen in MMOs.

Blitzhex

3,000 people in queue and yesterday it took 2 hours to get through 1,600, yeah I'm not waiting that today guess I'll play after midnight again.
I fear for the retail launch.

This is the actual release for all intents and purposes. Highly doubt the population would jump that much on retail release.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does anybody know what's up with the preorder system right now? I bought a digital copy of the game off SE's store but the redemption process is giving me problems. Their instructions say that you're supposed to use an 18 digit code but they threw me a 20 digit code that doesn't fit the format at all.

Qvoth

reached 66, got into azim steppe
triplecast feels so pleasant to use
AU7Amsc.gif

leaving for vacation tomorrow until 30th... i'll probably miss the extreme primals train...
wtzgU.gif

scotcheggz

Can you solo palace of the dead!? Fate and leve XP grinding is so slow.

You can but it's pretty slow and not efficient. If you have floor 50 cleared the fastest way I *think* to level up is to spam 51-60 over and over in a matched party. That's what I did on SAM and was getting 1 level every 45 minutes. As soon as I hit 60 I started on the stormblood missions which was good, that's what I wanted to do, but I'm 61 now and in the same time doing msq to 61 I probably could've got SAM to 64-65 in palace of the dead lol.

It's boring but you get a lot of potions and some glamour stuff, managed to snag a wind up edda too which was nice because I'm a sad minion addict.

Blitzhex

Does anybody know what's up with the preorder system right now? I bought a digital copy of the game off SE's store but the redemption process is giving me problems. Their instructions say that you're supposed to use an 18 digit code but they threw me a 20 digit code that doesn't fit the format at all.

There's a special site to redeem early acess codes, csnt find it but try googling it, if that doesn't work try mogstation directly.

B.K.

You have to redeem the preorder code first to get your redemption code.

https://redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/en

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have 1 main story quest left to be able to fly in the 4th area! The 3rd zone was the first one where I unlocked flying - looking at how the map was set in the 1st and 2nd area,
I guess we'll be returning there later. Maybe at the end?

Susano was fun, but what's wrong with people
who can't pay attention to which rock they should break and they end up killing the person inside...
When my girlfriend was clearing it later, someone started
putting markers on the correct rock, which made it super easy

I have to say, so far I'm not really feeling this expansion. New areas are big, but so far not that exciting, swimming is a feature which should have been in the game for the beginning, but going through big, empty underwater areas is hardly exciting.

I bet many people love Asian settings in MMOs, but for me those designs have always been boring. Felt the same way in WoW going through Pandaria and in PSO2 when they decided that one of the new planets is going to be feudal Japan. I guess I'd prefer something more... fantasy like? Not generic fantasy, but not imitating reality this much.
Don't get me wrong, everything looks pretty, but I'm not into the general theme.

As for the story so far (level 64 MSQ spoilers from the 4th area),
I couldn't care less about most things happening. The battle where Y'shtola was hurt was the high point for me so far.
. I hope it gets more interesting later.

RPGCrazied

You can but it's pretty slow and not efficient. If you have floor 50 cleared the fastest way I *think* to level up is to spam 51-60 over and over in a matched party. That's what I did on SAM and was getting 1 level every 45 minutes. As soon as I hit 60 I started on the stormblood missions which was good, that's what I wanted to do, but I'm 61 now and in the same time doing msq to 61 I probably could've got SAM to 64-65 in palace of the dead lol.

It's boring but you get a lot of potions and some glamour stuff, managed to snag a wind up edda too which was nice because I'm a sad minion addict.

Sounds like a hassle. Slow grinding it is then.

Top Bottom