• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PC/PS4, no PS3) announced, first info [Up: Trailer]

Damn that trailer was Hype.

I skipped 3.0 but i might be back for 4.0 .

Also the end of PS3 support mean that they might go crazy on some areas now.
Can't wait.

Assuming that the armor the male is wearing in the CG trailer is the Monk's new artifact armor, I don't think I could be any more pleased with how it looks. It hits all the right notes for me.

Assuming that the armor the male is wearing in the CG trailer is the Monk's new artifact armor, I don't think I could be any more pleased with how it looks. It hits all the right notes for me.

It displays the abs pretty prominently so maybe they are getting a new skill that lets Monks flex their abs to block an attack or something.

So good. And monk is my main so hype is beyond maximum right now. Hope that is new artifact armor, looks like something they would wear.

LOL at Yoshi's tease.

saher

Banned
DyedR1c.jpg

fmVl0Fi.jpg

Moaradin

So good. And monk is my main so hype is beyond maximum right now. Hope that is new artifact armor, looks like something they would wear.

LOL at Yoshi's tease.

Same. And I hope the new Monk gear can manage to top the first AF monk gear. Been wearing that as my glamour for years now.

EDarkness

I guess they gave up on the Mac version after their shoddy port went bust. My wife will be a bit disappointed since she has been waiting for a new Mac client for a while.

Did they ever allow PS3 folks to easily log into the PS4 client without having to buy another copy of the game? My wife couldn't log into the PS4 version because she hasn't purchased the PS4 license (which is a load of crap). These kinds of restrictions really make playing the game hard for us.

I guess they gave up on the Mac version after their shoddy port went bust. My wife will be a bit disappointed since she has been waiting for a new Mac client for a while.

Did they ever allow PS3 folks to easily log into the PS4 client without having to buy another copy of the game? My wife couldn't log into the PS4 version because she hasn't purchased the PS4 license (which is a load of crap). These kinds of restrictions really make playing the game hard for us.
There was a free upgrade program from PS3>PS4 some time back.

Slater

Banned
They straight up announced another upgrade to PS4 for FREE

There making this as easy as possible and there doing the right thing

DrBo42

What exactly do these additional skill changes mean? So before I could pick some relevant skill from my white Mage etc to throw on my astro but now it's changing to what? I get to pick from relevant skills for the healer role?

Arkeband

Banned
I'm hoping that's not the full cinematic trailer, otherwise it's an enormous step down from HW's, which portrayed the ongoing storyline going from 2.0 into 3.0 and beyond.

This just showed two monks fighting. Nothing about Garleans or even the WoL's change into a Monk.

Moaradin

I'm hoping that's not the full cinematic trailer, otherwise it's an enormous step down from HW's, which portrayed the ongoing storyline going from 2.0 into 3.0 and beyond.

This just showed two monks fighting. Nothing about Garleans or even the WoL's change into a Monk.

It says teaser trailer. Heavensward was the same way. We'll get a longer CG trailer near release.

Ehh, I think flying really hinders the world design. If they take the Heavensward design of just making Ala Mhigo really really big and everything really really far and spread out, then I'll be really disappointed. Honestly, Eastern Thanalan is a pretty good middle ground between the open and tightly designed areas that could accommodate both fun walking and flying traversal.

Slater

Banned

YoshiP straight up said it wasn't the full trailer, there following the same pattern as HW were the reveal trailer was short like this and then we got a full version later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNzwinqlg

This was the original HW it showed NOTHING compared to the full

Trogdor1123

They need to make it so the game isn't tied to hardware. I was going to give it a try but wasn't able to even run the demo because I couldn't sign in because of their stupid login system. Maybe it has been changed but it is the reason I'm not playing.

yayaba

I really need to get back into this. Rolled a Pugilist turned Dragoon and was loving it for awhile. Stopped around level 35 for some reason and just never went back to it. I was always hoping to get to the Heavansward content but never made it.

Hopefully when this drops, they'll accelerate the xp curve so that it'll be easier to access the new content.

Any reason for that? Ishgard was a fun storyline.

I quit in 2.4 , went back at 2.5 but couldn't start 3.0 because my group of friends wasn't ready and i , myself was busy thanks to my job.

My group of friends , and me , well we might go back in FF14 for 4.0. There is content for us to dig into ...

Rootbeer

Banned
really cool!

I haven't even played the first expansion though, only A Realm Reborn. I have really thought about hopping back on though. Probably will at some point to explore all the new content.

ebil

I'm more hyped for this than I was for Heavensward. I'm loving the visual style they went with in the concept art they've shown.

They said that it was only a tiny portion of the actual CG cutscene during the keynote.

Wagram

Curious to see if this battle system overhaul is a real thing or if it'll be akin to what they did in HW. I'm interested if Stormblood feels like an expansion instead of a glorified content update. Plus the combat really does need an update. The WoW tab target system blows.

Is this confirmed? I didn't consider that, but it'd be interesting.

Nope, but that's just a random idea I threw in there, since Heavensward had 2 old classes (Dark Knight/Machinist) and one new class (Astrologian even if it has some things from other classes of past games). I figure it might be the same here where we'll get two familiar classes and one brand new one.

Curious to see if this battle system overhaul is a real thing or if it'll be akin to what they did in HW. I'm interested if Stormblood feels like an expansion instead of a glorified content update. Plus the combat really does need an update. The WoW tab target system blows.

The few things they've mentioned so far sounded like more like tweaks than an overhaul.

Making buff timers into visible bars that deplete and making cross class skills usable depending on your role instead of whatever 2 classes your job can take from.

Although they did mention something about looking at inneffective actions and changing things while trying to retain the core feel of the jobs so that might be something more substantial that they will elaborate on at a future date.

Top Bottom