• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report coming January 2016

wmlk

Love the new HUD. Thought the older one was lacking character when FFXV's world clearly doesn't.

One thing I do hate is the no caps lock for the English UI in ED.

The HP/MP bars kinda reminds me of the HUD from FFvXIII on the PS3. Minus the KH style command menu.

Also, the "weapon wheel" sticks out like a sore thumb, I like the FFXV reveal weapons menu. All of them nicely stacked next to each other.

Actually this is probably my favorite version period.

ffxv_e3_2013_gameplay-217.jpg

benzy

The HP/MP bars kinda reminds me of the HUD from FFvXIII on the PS3. Minus the KH style command menu.

Also, the "weapon wheel" sticks out like a sore thumb, I like the FFXV reveal weapons menu. All of them nicely stacked next to each other.

Scrolling through all that to find the right weapon seems like a hassle and un-intuitive though. In terms of function I think the 4 weapons mapped to the dpad will work the best.

The world wasn't good enough for this version. :<

It's okay though Final Fantasy Versus VII: Remake Part -1/????- Escape From Midgar seems to be Nomura's new baby that follows his FFvsXIII brand of action.

Scrolling through all that to find the right weapon seems like a hassle and un-intuitive though. In terms of function I think the 4 weapons mapped to the dpad will work the best.

Yes, but aesthetically it's more pleasing. I can see a compromise where you can line up all 4 weapons in a row, but have them assigned to the 4 dpad.

dramatis

In terms of functionality, the one in the OP is better. It's clear on what buttons match to what weapon, and is larger and clearer against the background.

That old interface may be pretty, but it's not good.

wmlk

The old system had a warp mechanic that tied into the four notches in the old UI. The old UI was more effective with whatever older system was in place, and probably didn't fit with the new systems.

benzy

Yes, but aesthetically it's more pleasing. I can see a compromise where you can line up all 4 weapons in a row, but have them assigned to the 4 dpad.

The weapon interface wouldn't really be necessary at that point then, since you would have to memorize which d-pad button correlates to which weapon.

Nibel

Maybe

Just maybe

We should wait for some footage of that UI in action and see how it works when it's being used mid-gameplay with animations etc.

The weapon interface wouldn't really be necessary at that point then, since you would have to memorize which d-pad button correlates to which weapon.

I was thinking they take the weapon line-up like in the original FFXV reveal menu, and just place a dpad indicator beneath each weapon.

The pleasing aesthetic of having the weapons lined up side to side, but the functionality of switching using the dpad.

I was thinking they take the weapon line-up like in the original FFXV reveal menu, and just place a dpad indicator beneath each weapon.

The pleasing aesthetic of having the weapons lined up side to side, but the functionality of switching using the dpad.

That trailer was a concept though I understand people being enamored with it, it looked elegant and clean but it just works better this way.

That trailer was a concept though I understand people being enamored with it, it looked elegant and clean but it just works better this way.

I know it was a concept, and I know it works better having the weapons laid out the way they are now. I just believe there can be a comprise between functionality and aesthetics.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Any chance this game will come out in parts? I'm starting to think it might.

Nope. The original plan was to have multiple games within the FFXV world even though XV itself would have had its own conclusion - the "Versus Epic" as it was called. That idea was since scrapped.

KoopaTheCasual

Nope. The original plan was to have multiple games within the FFXV world even though XV itself would have had its own conclusion - the "Versus Epic" as it was called. That idea was since scrapped.
Psst Kagari, he was trying to be "funny", referencing the FF7R situation.

Soriku

The old HUD was alright except that it was TOO SMALL and also too transparent. This new one looks too cluttered though.

Maybe give us the option to hide or minimize elements?

ackl

So does that mean we're now getting a 'digest' of XV? (referening Nomura's FFVIIr interview) lol.

KoopaTheCasual

Well to be fair Nomura did take his original idea and transfer it to FF7R lol.
And I ain't even mad.
So does that mean we're now getting a 'digest' of XV? (referening Nomura's FFVIIr interview) lol.
Considering how entire scenes were either re-arranged/cut/re-written, we're getting a completely different game than versus. They just share the same characters and world.

KoopaTheCasual

lol

Mixed feelings on another ATR. I'd rather they waited till March for their big push but new info on Niflheim has my attention. Goddammit.
Same. On one hand it bodes really well that they're ready earlier than expected to talk about more areas (and are hinting at summer possible release date). But damnit SE, stay on script and ride it out until March. That way people will be super eager for more news.

SPAW

Same. On one hand it bodes really well that they're ready earlier than expected to talk about more areas (and are hinting at summer possible release date). But damnit SE, stay on script and ride it out until March. That way people will be super eager for more news.

it isn't as much the time between announcements as actually having something to show. If they actually can show some stuff, then another ATR is just dandy. if it is an ATR just to give promises about epic stuff. well.

Noctis seems to do a pose like if he was about to summon or cast magic ! This could be it guys ! Magic system explained next atr haha

saher

Banned
Looking forward to tabata's Niflheim bedtime story with some art on screen.

They need to talk about this guy since he is been on the trailers since forever

b0vGze8.png

He seems important to the story

Skilletor

Looking forward to tabata's Niflheim bedtime story with some art on screen.

They need to talk about this guy since he is been on the trailers since forever

b0vGze8.png

He seems important to the story

If he's in.

And if he's still important.

And if he's in, and still important, if he looks the same so that, if we see him, we know it's this guy.

Thabass

Funny enough, from what I've played of the game (Episode Duscae), if it's as good as I hope it will be, then I wouldn't mind more games in the FFXV world.

Mediking

The hype is soooo FREAKING real!!! Let's go!!!!!!!! Collector's Edition with artbook, theme and avatars please!!!

Top Bottom