• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report coming January 2016

artsi

wuuuut

You can choose your weapon in the middle of battle now? When they turned Versus into XV they literally didn't have a single fucking clue what they were going to do, did they.

Well yeah, generally game development is an evolving process. Rarely we get to see or play an AAA game in that early phase FFXV was in when Duscae was released.

Koozek

Who cares about FFXV anymore? And LOL@people being impressed by the new HUD. Have you seen Persona 5's menus? It's pretty obvious which game will be better.

CWbEN_dWwAEH-D0.jpg:large

wuuuut

You can choose your weapon in the middle of battle now? When they turned Versus into XV they literally didn't have a single fucking clue what they were going to do, did they.

Heh, it's gone from manual switching to automatic switching to manual to automatic and now back to manual again.

AdanVC

I'm so hyped for this game and I haven't played a FF game since FF7 like 20 decades ago! Looking forward to this.

notaskwid

Yeah, I want to know if I can distribute attribute points how I want or if it's automatic and if there is a marteria or even sphere grid system.

Yeah, out of everything, the power up systems is what I'm more "worried" about. I'm sure the game will play just fine and have a compeling story.

Whompa02

That a giant mech? And Magic? That new HUD is super intriguing. Wonder if you can switch weapons on the fly.

Hype time...here we go.

I don't think we've seen any information about that aspect at all yet. Maybe in the March thing?

Since FFVII, each games has unique "upgrade system", we had material, junction, ability points, sphere and license board (I didn't play XI though). It would be a shame if Tabata didn't make something unique for FFXV.

Wagram

What's the point of seeing your AI partners MP if you can't control them?

Are there battle techniques that require a certain amount of MP from both characters?

Nibel

Who cares about FFXV anymore? And LOL@people being impressed by the new HUD. Have you seen Persona 5's menus? It's pretty obvious which game will be better.

mjlol0csk5.png

We gon' laugh about slick, sci-medival and gameplay-oriented interfaces now and appreciate a bunch of cluttered UI graphics, dipped in a white/red/black color palette like Nazi Germany's corporate brand with anime kids in c-tier Marvel hero costumes doing JoJo-esque poses because ATLUS' artists don't have the horizon to read anything that goes above Shounen-tier pulp manga? Give me a break fam lmao

Dynasty8

Anyone else not going to watch this? I feel like I've seen far too much footage of this game. Probably for the best if I go complete blackout.

Are there battle techniques that require a certain amount of MP from both characters?

Them chrono trigger X-strike moves might require MP, there's also some type of gambits so let's see.

I sincerely hope there is an option to get rid of all the HUD,even the damn map
that's what I did in dragons dogma, and the game was 10X better that way.

It could be feedback for setting your partners AI parameters. Whether they are burning MP and leaving nothing in reserve for emergencies, or they are constantly sitting on a full pool and that's making fights take longer, you wouldn't know that without some indicator.

Can you explain more about this? I didn't play the demo so I don't know much about it.

Well the way you level up is sort of like Dark souls you don't level up after defeating an enemy but rather once you reach an Inn or camping site aka lamp or bonfire. After spending the whole day cycle or whatever all that experience accumulated is then used once you reach the resting spot. You also get some buffs added but you gotta buy ingredients for Ignis to cook ( please note the buffs only last until the next time camp/inn again) The thing is Duscae was a prototype at best so it was likely missing stuff, so probably in the full game you can allocate you're exp as you wish.

You can pretty much not level up to make the playthrough harder.

Well the way you level up is sort of like Dark souls you don't level up after defeating an enemy but rather once you reach an Inn or camping site aka lamp or bonfire. After spending the whole day cycle or whatever all that experience accumulated is then used once you reach the resting spot. You also get some buffs added but you gotta buy ingredients for Ignis to cook ( please note the buffs only last until the next time camp/inn again) The thing is Duscae was a prototype at best so it was likely missing stuff, so probably in the full game you can allocate you're exp as you wish.

You can pretty much not level up to make the playthrough harder.

I see. Thanks

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I liked the old HUD better. The new one looks more generic and cluttered. The old one was elegant but simple.

benzy

it was so simple that I could end up losing all my HP before noticing that all my partners was also dead..

I had the same problem. lol. Maybe it was the bar colors, but it was hard to keep track of in the middle of battle.

Top Bottom