• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report coming January 2016

Shahed

Why do the weapon icons need to be constantly present on the Dpad/HUD? Isn't it a waste of screen estate and just annoying to look at? Surely if I set say a Dragoon Lance on Down, and say a 2H sword on Up, I'll remember and press them accordingly? Maybe only flash up briefly when switching but otherwise there's no reason for them to be there.

It's not as if Tales or Ys show you what skills and abilties you have assigned to which button on screen during battle. Or shooters/action games always show which weapon is assigned where. The former trusts the player to remember what they assigned and the latter briefly appears when switching. Otherwise the screen is not obscured.

Bousf

Loving how the new HUD looks, specially the enemy-related elements, they seem more informative now.

I need to understand how it all works so I can't really tell if I'll like how it works, but I sure like how it looks.

Looking forward to watching their pre-beta in motion (even though I'd still want them to hold it all off for March)

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I think the new UI is more practical AND more aesthetically pleasing.

The colored bars make it easier for you to track the health of your characters, there is more information laid out, yet, it's still relatively simple compared to many other games.

Exentryk

Nice functional UI.

Excited to see how magic works. Would prefer to avoid seeing Niflheim stuff, but probably not a way around it if I want to see the new gameplay stuff.

Shahed

The Dpad prompts probably only pop up when you switching stuff.
That's a relief. The icons above the Dpad need to be temporary as well. However if they are permanent, they need to swap places with the Dpad weapon prompts. It'd be annoying having a random ever present HUD elemental half way up the screen with another one appearing and disappearing at times below it.

I'd still want to be able to not have or disable the weapons prompts altogether though. I'd remember what I assigned to each button, I don't need to constantly see it.

If you look at the video playing in the center left of this footage its always visible. it seems they are just testing out fire effects in that video though so who knows.

Not really liking the left side of the new UI, seems unfinished/placeholder compared to the other parts.

Would be cool to tweet them that minor pet peeve but I'm cool either way.

Exentryk

Don't think the dpad UI will disappear. Even the most basic stuff like Guard and Assault are on the UI.

Devs should add options to hide individual elements of the UI though, so everyone is happy.

Yeesh, I hope they remove the guard/assault/warp part of the UI at least. It cuts right across Noctis in that screenshot and it offers no information that someone who has played the game more than a couple minutes would need.

Top Bottom