• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report in ~45 mins - DLC/patch roadmap - "mystery guest"

Toth

Still better than nanomachines.

I accidently clicked on this and honestly it's a good spoiler since now I am curious.

Definitely shot FFXV upwards on my backlog.

Umbra is not just a dog, he is one of the best FF NPCs ever. Give him paw!

zeromcd73

Q/A from the west.

Q. WHY NO LUNA AND NOCTIS USE PHONES TO COMMUNICATE!?!?
A. It's kinda a romantic thing that they promised as childs and it's not like they can't use phones.

from: http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/atr-translation-thread.6906/

5ca.jpg

Gbraga

It's in one of the books with wings so I'm pretty sure it's a divine messenger.

Yep.

What's hilarious about this is that there are perfectly logical explanations for these plotholes, but Tabata just gives us bullshit instead!

I guess in his head he's thinking "why the fuck do you care? There are timed hunts coming out this month, let's talk about it instead".

Can't exactly blame him. ATR is not storytelling, what difference would it make to answer it now? If people weren't satisfied with the game itself, it's not an interview that will change their minds.

bigol

There will be a survey.

From this survey to find out what fans and players feel and want from all over the world in different regions, to get to know what it is that players desire. Specially after the Chapter 13 update, so that they can continue to improve the game that will be satisfactory.

The surveys date and how it will be carried out will be announced at a later date.

From here:

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/atr-translation-thread.6906/

True Fire

I'm glad they're getting basic stuff (60fps and music while riding Chocobos) out of the way I guess. I was hoping for a more comprehensive roadmap, but I guess that will have to wait until May or August.

GeeTeeCee

Wouldn't it be easier to just say the Empire would be able to tap and spy Luna's communications over the phone? Though I suppose the easier, logical explanation has never been the FFXV way.

Ain't no one spying on a magical time dog though.

Q. Why does Regis speak British English and Noctis speak American English?
A. Regis uses royal English which is more like British English and the citizens use more casual American English and so Noctis who is more a city boy uses casual English. Ignis uses royal English to distinguish this difference. The difference between formal Royal Family speech to casual speech.

Q. Why is Noctis so poor when he is Royalty?
A. He's hiding his fortunes to blend in with the commoners.

I love these story updates

h3ro

New weapons, Chap 13 fixes, level cap bump, MP3 player on Chocobos and the update for PS4 Pro.

Fantastic support.

Zedark

I'm pretty sure his responses aren't intentional trolling.

I'm not so sure. In game, (very minor spoiler)
Prompto at one point says "what's a gil?" which indicates that outside Insomnia they use a different currency.
Tabata must know this, but instead went with "Noctis has to hide his wealth to blend in", which kinda goes against the game's canon (dare I use that term?).
Any mention of the an update to the sometimes fuzzy XB1 version or was this just PS4/Pro?
The only performance/graphical update is for the Pro, nothing mentioned about OG PS4 or Xbox One.

How is it clear?

Given the other stupid answers to the game's bad writing I wouldn't be so sure. Just wanna know how it's clear

Because the game is clear in why Noctis can't use his fortune.

And well, there's the small fact that his city with all of his fortune is fucking destroyed.

Gbraga

Because the game is clear in why Noctis can't use his fortune.

And well, there's the small fact that his city with all of his fortune is fucking destroyed.

And he's on the run from the empire, taking advantage of the fact that the news say he's dead, so he doesn't want to go around saying I'M THE PRINCE, GIVE IT TO ME.

Last time the empire found out about royalty outside of Insomnia, we got Jared's incident.

NEVER FORGET.

Top Bottom