• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report in ~45 mins - DLC/patch roadmap - "mystery guest"

benzy

Did Tabata give details on how close the game gets to maintaining 60fps? They obviously put in a bit of work considering the delay from December.

Blizzje

If they can manage to get close to a 60fps in 1080p, that HAS to mean that they run 1800p checkerboard without frame pacing issues, right?
Isn't an increase to 60fps way more 'expensive' for the GPU and CPU than a marginal (1600x1800) resolution increase?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Witcher 3's strength was in its writing, atmosphere, and storytelling, even if (the main game's) plot wasn't that special. It's the total inverse of FFXV.

Famassu

The car handling already seems like it could be pretty fun to drive off-roads. Seems responsive enough and it looks like drifting is handled just right. Now they just need to solve some of those issues like getting stuck on things and it'll be a great addition to the game (that, frankly, should've been there from the start, but better late than never).

BTA

The exosuit delay is kinda ridiculous. It's specifically the publishers of Power Rangers complaining - which is to say Saban - and not anyone involved with Super Sentai. So I guess after Chroma Squad they really decided to go all in and go after anyone that ever tries to make a reference to Sentai?

SOLDIER

"Chapter 13 sucks and where's the Pro patch!?"

(both getting updated real soon)

"That's not soon enough this game is still utter garbage I HATE YOU!!!"

dan2026

Witcher 3's strength was in its writing, atmosphere, and storytelling, even if (the main game's) plot wasn't that special. It's the total inverse of FFXV.

Witcher 3 also wins out in character design.
FFXV's beautiful boy band don't really do a lot for me.

And so far Witcher wins out in world design too. I haven't finished FFXV yet but so far all the areas have been quite samey.
I hope that changes later in the game.

Nya

Then what does that say about FFXV's story which is written in a way less logical and coherent fashion?

When did I say that XV's writing was top tier? Its heavily flawed and the narrative could've been handled a lot better than what was shown, that's why I think story updates are absolutely needed to flesh out the characters and plot and fix some of the damage. However, the overall concept of XV is a lot more interesting to me than what The Witcher 3 was all about. That's why I want FF to stick to what they know best, story focused games with interesting characters, again, not every game HAS to be like the The Witcher 3 in regards of their approach to OW RPGs. OW is a very bad idea for a title like FF, even if I greatly enjoyed it in XV, I still want them to take a more linear approach.

Yet I felt nothing for the characters in TW3 as opposed to how I felt towards the bros in XV. Sure, XV's writing is weak but it has charming characters and interesting interactions between them which is far more interesting to me than watching Yennifer be bitchy or Triss being so ... pathetic for attention.

Its not even that bad...

As someone who is typically not bothered by this sort of stuff, I have to disagree. I was excited to use Pro Mode as it looks tons better, but I switched to lite mode after finding the constant choppiness unacceptable. I even swapped back and forth several times in my many hours of play to see if it was something I could start to ignore. If it doesn't bother you, that's great for you (I wish it didn't bother me), but the difference is stark. It's one of the few times I've actually understood the "unplayable" sentiment.

I've been waiting for this patch since they announced it. Sitting probably 1/2 way through the game. Really wish they would prioritize these kinds of fixes.

Edit: Looks like fixes are coming? Hope they nail them! Did they give an actual date or just "incoming"?

Reminds me of Futurama.

Fans: When are you going to fix Chapter 13 and give us the Pro patch?
Square Enix: Soon enough...
Fans: That's not soon enough!

anyone else noticed the cool new weapon Noctis summoned before attacking the winged Behemoth? So I guess there will be new weapons as well.

Witcher 3 also wins out in character design.
FFXV's beautiful boy band don't really do a lot for me.

And so far Witcher wins out in world design too. I haven't finished FFXV yet but so far all the areas have been quite samey.
I hope that changes later in the game.

I actually think the macro world design in FFXV is more impressive than in Witcher 3...Stuff like the meteor, the canyons and some of the geology look really cool, and there is nothing really equivalent in Witcher 3 that stands out, except maybe that large tree (which isn't nearly as impressive imo). W3 is better crafted on a micro scale. It seems to me that Horizon marries both these elements and just looks amazing.

Byvar

Well, Prompto's character development is DLC. That sort of stuff should have been in the main game, and we shouldn't have to pay for that (unless there's a free version we don't know about yet). But I'm still looking forward to it.

Prompto looks like he's about to shoot someone he'd rather not shoot.
His dad, Verstael
?

Why are we starting to compare The Witcher 3 and FFXV again??? It was bad enough the first time. Let it go.

This. I really don't get people sometimes. Even free stuff is scorned. You don't HAVE to use it you know.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I just got to chapter 2 have lots of time to get to chapter 13, I'll play it when the patch comes out to get to 13 but later I want to look at what chapter 13 originally consisted of

No mention of frame pacing? Boooo. Come on SE, other developers fix this no problem. You can do it.

Not from

5fb06cc63a3564e2e2903576fafdc0b9.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm really impressed with how they're handling this game post launch. Very, very tempted to put my copy to the back of a dark cupboard and ignore it for a year until all these updates are out... but I'm not sure if I can wait on the character DLC...

Damn it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
while I hope they fix the frame pacing teh weird thing is it must not be as significant, in bloodborne I really felt it, this game not at all

Toth

LOL

for some reason I hoped it would be someone like Nomura or Ferrari or something, but yeah that would've been too good to be true

Nomura is too busy doing whatever he is doing instead of getting his games out in a timely manner.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/atr-translation-thread.6906/

Q. WHY NO LUNA AND NOCTIS USE PHONES TO COMMUNICATE!?!?
A. It's kinda a romantic thing that they promised as childs and it's not like they can't use phones.

Q. Why does Regis speak British English and Noctis speak American English?
A. Regis uses royal English which is more like British English and the citizens use more casual American English and so Noctis who is more a city boy uses casual English. Ignis uses royal English to distinguish this difference. The difference between formal Royal Family speech to casual speech.

Q. Why is Noctis so poor when he is Royalty?
A. He's hiding his fortunes to blend in with the commoners.

Q. How was Pitioss concept born?
A. **Will need to go back over this later** But some developer wanted to make Ramuh a massive floating head, but that didn't work out but he used his ideas for Pitioss.

Koozek

Work-in-progress footage of the offroad driving, from the English version of the ATR:

They're still not sure if and when they'll put this feature in the main game. They're still polishing up a lot of areas so you don't get stuck all the time with the car. I assume they're tweaking hit boxes/collision on debris/shrubs etc. specifically for the car.

bigol

Work-in-progress footage of the offroad driving, from the English version of the ATR:

oPH1Gll.gif

They're still not sure if and when they'll put this feature in the main game. They're still polishing up a lot of areas so you don't get stuck all the time with the car. I assume they're tweaking hit boxes/collision on debris/shrubs etc. specifically for the car.

I think they will put it, no doubt about that. Yeah, they said they are still polishing hitboxes, but i can see it being released quite soon.

Tyaren

oPH1Gll.gif

That basically makes chocobos obsolete. :/
Yeah, the car handling felt restrictive and unintuitive but they didn't have to make an off-road Jeep out of it.

Koozek

That basically makes chocobos obsolete. :/
Yeah, the car handling felt restrictive and unintuitive but they didn't have to make an off-road Jeep out of it.
Nah, it's still a different feeling. You can't jump and fly with the car.

BasilZero

So weren't we suppose to be able to fight se president or someone from the holiday pack? Finished the holiday pack but I didn't get to fight anyone other than the actual quest fights....

Koozek

So weren't we suppose to be able to fight se president or someone from the holiday pack? Finished the holiday pack but I didn't get to fight anyone other than the actual quest fights....
No, that has nothing to do with the Holiday pack. They might make it its own free DLC someday.

Top Bottom