• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report in ~45 mins - DLC/patch roadmap - "mystery guest"

theofficefan99

Because the game is clear in why Noctis can't use his fortune.

And well, there's the small fact that his city with all of his fortune is fucking destroyed.

I kind of doubt he was given no money... and if he was, I'm sure he could convert the currency... so it might not be a troll answer.

either way, doesn't really change the fact that the other answers are really horrible explanations for bad writing

Toth

Because the game is clear in why Noctis can't use his fortune.

And well, there's the small fact that his city with all of his fortune is fucking destroyed.

Not at the start. Maybe people are wondering why he didn't bring more money with him for the trip. I am sure Crown City currency could be exchanged since Cid took it as payment.

And he's on the run from the empire, taking advantage of the fact that the news say he's dead, so he doesn't want to go around saying I'M THE PRINCE, GIVE IT TO ME.

Last time the empire found out about royalty outside of Insomnia, we got Jared's incident.

NEVER FORGET.

May his sacrifice never being forgotten.

SougoXIII

I kind of doubt he was given no money... and if he was, I'm sure he could convert the currency... so it might not be a troll answer.

either way, doesn't really change the fact that the other answers are really horrible explanations for bad writing

He was given money - which Cid took all of it to fix the Regilia to 'teach them boys a lesson'

It's literally in the first 15 mins of the game.

theofficefan99

After watching that video of the offroad driving, it's clear that even after all these patches and updates, that the game isn't for me. This isn't what I want from FF or any RPG for that matter. I don't want a GTA-esque open world where you do nothing substantial while the story is short, horribly written, and horribly presented garbage. Hoping for the best with VIIR and XVI.

Gbraga

Not at the start. Maybe people are wondering why he didn't bring more money with him for the trip. I am sure Crown City currency could be exchanged since Cid took it as payment.

Well, you have to remember that the whole adventure up to getting to Altissia only happened because of the attack.

Even having to spend everything fixing the Regalia, if they could just get to Galdin Quay and take the boat to Altissia, it wouldn't really have been a problem at all. There's no reason for him to bring more money since, unlike Regis, he didn't know about the attack, and also wasn't expecting the car issues.

The trip around Lucis wouldn't get past Leide if not for the attack happening before they left Galdin Quay.

After watching that video of the offroad driving, it's clear that even after all these patches and updates, that the game isn't for me. This isn't what I want from FF or any RPG for that matter. I don't want a GTA-esque open world where you do nothing substantial while the story is short, horribly written, and horribly presented garbage. Hoping for the best with VIIR and XVI.

It's been clear that the game isn't for you for quite some time now, just reading your posts. Did it really take you this long to figure it out?

Nya

I just don't understand how people who consider this game pure trash are still here watching the ATR.

*shrugs*

True Fire

It's just a game, it's not like it kidnapped your family. Just play something else.

Surprised they haven't made the dragoon lady a permanent guest member. Seems there's been enough time to offer that option post game.

theofficefan99

It's just a game, it's not like it kidnapped your family. Just play something else.

I know it's "just a game," but it's something I waited 10 1/2 years for and it's the newest mainline title in my favorite franchise. I have been playing other things. I just hope future FF's are never like this again. I'm glad it sold great and all but that's about it.

Surprised they haven't made the dragoon lady a permanent guest member. Seems there's been enough time to offer that option post game.
One of their long term goals was to add more playable party members. So somewhere down the line we might be able to play as Aranea Highwind!

theofficefan99

Really? You comlpain about the story left and right and you don't even remember the first few minutes?

I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Tabata for that as well.

1. It's quite literally the most minor, insignificant detail in the game
2. I'm sorry I didn't remember a line from the incredibly dull first few minutes of the game

Toth

They should really do these ATRs right before the DLCs hit to hype the next one. We have a solid road map until April. Hopefully, once Gladio's DLC hits, we can get further information on Spring and Summer updates.

benzopil

Did you even watch the presentation?
Yes. The ability to listen to the music while riding Chokobos won't make it better. Level 120 won't do anything, you can easily kill the biggest enemy as level 60. Photos... no comments.

I wish they told what exactly will be changed on March 28. If they'll just make ring more powerful that would be the biggest joke.

Gbraga

They are hoping for good updates, not new paid reel and fishing rod.

We got the first footage of Gladio's DLC, it's looking great and the animation work is very unique, even though it references the main game. I'm excited for his gameplay now.

Also got a short teaser of Prompto's DLC.

We're getting a level cap increase, new free timed hunts, and photo limit increase, which was heavily requested.

And the highly requested Pro 60fps mode has a release date now.

If all of those things are irrelevant to you, then I don't know what you were expecting from an ATR. This has been of the best, as far as content showed goes. They've been disappointment after disappointment for a long time, but this one was quite good.

1. It's quite literally the most minor, insignificant detail in the game
2. I'm sorry I didn't remember a line from the incredibly dull first few minutes of the game

I agree it's a very insignificant detail, but it was significant enough for you to hold against the game. If it had no explanation it would be a big issue worthy of calling the devs out for shit writing, but since it does, it's no longer relevant? Ok.

None of these additions preclude having an extensive, cinematic, well told story - Witcher 3 did this. Personally, I want them to integrate both. For FFXVI they absolutely need to look to the Witcher 3 for how to integrate a cinematic story into an open world, and also look at how they do presentation and writing. They also need to look at what Horizon seems to be doing with world design and object density. That game is setting a new standard for open world design.

Zedark

Yes. The ability to listen to the music while riding Chokobos won't make it better. Level 120 won't do anything, you can easily kill the biggest enemy as level 60. Photos... no comments.

I wish they told what exactly will be changed on March 28. If they'll just make ring more powerful that would be the biggest joke.

Did you kill
Naglfar
? Adamantoise is not the toughest enemy in the game, far from it.

theofficefan99

None of these additions preclude having an extensive, cinematic, well told story - Witcher 3 did this. Personally, I want them to integrate both. For FFXVI they absolutely need to look to the Witcher 3 for how to integrate a cinematic story into an open world, and also look at how they do presentation and writing. They also need to look at what Horizon seems to be doing with world design and object density. That game is setting a new standard for open world design.

Personally, I'd rather they drop the open world design. Too many sacrifices in nearly every department for a playground to run around in.

NightOnyx

I wonder what happened to that co-op mode they were talking about before the game released? I was hoping to hear more about that, but now it seems like we wont be getting any of that until after the dlc episodes.

Gbraga

Personally, I hope they don't even make XVI open world in the first place. :p

I wonder what happened to that co-op mode they were talking about before the game released? I was hoping to hear more about that, but now it seems like we wont be getting any of the until after the dlc episodes.

Yeah, it's supposed to come out after the three episodes, so they probably won't be talking about it for a while.

I wonder what happened to that co-op mode they were talking about before the game released? I was hoping to hear more about that, but now it seems like we wont be getting any of the until after the dlc episodes.

That's most likely the last DLC they'll do. They didn't mention Ignis DLC either and that's probably coming sooner.

Zedark

I believe that was the plan. They were going to implement playing as the other bros during the episodes, and that implementation would allow for co-op multiplayer to come into existence.

Nya

Oh God no, The Witcher 3 story was mediocre at best. XVI better be less of an open world and more of a story focused game, not every game has to copy The Witcher ~____~

benzopil

Did you kill
Naglfar
? Adamantoise is not the toughest enemy in the game, far from it.
Hm nope. I'll check it out tomorrow.
New forms, customs, weapons, hunts, story cutscenes, and 60FPS updates + New playable character DLC in the next two months is not "good updates"?
In my opinion this is just insulting that they are releasing small paid DLC when the game doesn't really have that much content. Why should I pay for new weapon when in the game I changed weapons three or four times?
I think they said that coop DLC will be the last.

theofficefan99

I agree it's a very insignificant detail, but it was significant enough for you to hold against the game. If it had no explanation it would be a big issue worthy of calling the devs out for shit writing, but since it does, it's no longer relevant? Ok.

I wasn't holding it against the game. I said that Tabata isn't trolling with these answers. Someone then said the answer about the money clearly is. I asked, how is it clear? And that's it. My stance that the writing is absolute garbage hasn't changed.

bigol

Personally, I hope they don't even make XVI open world in the first place. :p

Yeah, it's supposed to come out after the three episodes, so they probably won't be talking about it for a while.

If they take FF XII world as an example they could build on that.

Gbraga

Oh God no, The Witcher 3 story was mediocre at best. XVI better be less of an open world and more of a story focused game, not every game has to copy The Witcher ~____~

Yeah, completely agree.

Hell, even CDPR shouldn't copy Witcher 3, 2 was better >_<

It's not like
Naglfar
is hard either. The game lacks challenging bosses.

That it definitely does. I hope the timed hunts will be a challenge even for max leveled players.

I'm ok with that.

theofficefan99

XII's world design, from what I remember, is fine. There's zones which I think are perfectly okay. I remember XII having severe pacing issues but that doesn't have to do with the design of the game's world.

Top Bottom