• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report set for June 13 at 8:00PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

I guess they'll debut the new trailer at the Sony conference and then they'll expand later at the active time event with more gameplay footage.

Go_Ly_Dow

Could we also get more info (like release date for the movie and next Brotherhood episode?)

Brotherhood 2 will likely be released during the ATR as they previously stated it will release around E3.

I'm sure they will also confirm Kingsglaive details.

Vire

They updated the sunrise lighting.

Ckc2hsaUUAAPH8e.jpg:orig

Final-Fantasy-XV_2016_03-30-16_005.jpg

To be honest it just looks like different weather conditions/time of day.

benzy

Does sunrise look different from sundown in the game? I can't remember.

Dunno, but even if sunrise/sunset looks different, the sun position during sunrise would be on the opposite end of the world compared to a sunset. Rise in the east, sets in the west.

JBwB

Awesome, so it starts at 1PM on Tuesday for those in Australia.

Will tune in after the Sony conference.

Byvar

They updated the sunrise lighting.

Ckc2hsaUUAAPH8e.jpg:orig
Final-Fantasy-XV_2016_03-30-16_005.jpg
The screenshots you posted are slightly different time of day, this one here is the same time of day as the new E3 one:
The sun is fully visible just above the horizon, just like in the new one - so it's the same time. It's pretty clear from this that they improved their lighting: it seems the position of the sun previously didn't correspond with the actual light source (which would expain why it was so dark even when the sun has fully risen), but now it does. And they added a lens flare.

It's a little weird that the clouds look exactly the same in my picture and the E3 one, though. Aren't they randomly generated? If they are, then isn't this just a bullshot that combines multiple screenshots? :p

benzy

If they didn't even have enough time and manpower to polish the small Platinum demo, they'd be wasting even more precious time on a new demo instead of actually fixing the atrocious image quality and performance issues. It's better they focus on finishing the game and have it be at a level of polish expected of a mainline FF.

The screenshots you posted are slightly different time of day, this one here is the same time of day as the new E3 one:

The sun is fully visible just above the horizon, just like in the new one - so it's the same time. It's pretty clear from this that they improved their lighting: it seems the position of the sun previously didn't correspond with the actual light source (which would expain why it was so dark even when the sun has fully risen), but now it does. And they added a lens flare.

It's a little weird that the clouds look exactly the same in my picture and the E3 one, though. Aren't they randomly generated? If they are, then isn't this just a bullshot that combines multiple screenshots? :p

Actually in the ATR picture the sun is a little higher, that explains why the city is more clear and the sun has the lens flare.

MilkBeard

If they didn't even have enough time and manpower to polish the small Platinum demo, they'd be wasting even more precious time on a new demo instead of actually fixing the atrocious image quality and performance issues. It's better they focus on finishing the game and have it be at a level of polish expected of a mainline FF.

Yeah, and the game is coming out in a few months. Better to let them focus on improving the actual game.

The sun is fully visible just above the horizon, just like in the new one - so it's the same time. It's pretty clear from this that they improved their lighting: it seems the position of the sun previously didn't correspond with the actual light source (which would expain why it was so dark even when the sun has fully risen), but now it does. And they added a lens flare

The original comparison looks more similar to me in positioning of the sun/lighting.

wmlk

I don't think it's a coincidence they're going right after.

They did the same thing with Taipei Game Show and Uncovered. It's nothing new at this point. Just confirms that we'll get FFXV stuff from Sony's presser if anything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They did the same thing with Taipei Game Show and Uncovered. It's nothing new at this point. Just confirms that we'll get FFXV stuff from Sony's presser if anything.

Is it bad I don't remember that? All this stuff is running together...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's no way I'm going on GAF in September. Gotta spoiler dodge!

Hey! How's making the OT for FFXV going so far and when are you gonna stream again?

There's still a lot of time to go so I haven't started on it.
We streamed on Monday actually.

Lucreto

Would this confirm Sony's conference is about 2 hours long? Well if the ATR is prerecorded.

Anyway I think I will not watch it as it will be 4am and watch the replay over breakfast.

chefbags

Yoo that lineup for square Enix stream for e3 has some great stuff.

Spoilers galore for ffxv cause man they are showing it almost every day of e3 haha. Excited nonetheless.

Brentonp

Yeah.....hmm, I think I'll need to restrain myself from indulging too much.

Think we have to worry about a lot of spoilers? Seems like Tabata has been doing a pretty good job keeping things secret.

I'm interested to hear the questions they answer at the ATR. I asked a couple on Twitter.

Go_Ly_Dow

Think we have to worry about a lot of spoilers? Seems like Tabata has been doing a pretty good job keeping things secret.

I'm interested to hear the questions they answer at the ATR. I asked a couple on Twitter.

I have a hunch that the E3 trailer at least will be a lot more story focused than the Uncovered trailers.

Balls

Banned
They really need to talk about the party system. 90% of the combat that they have shown us so far only focuses on Noctis which makes sense cause he's the only controllable character. BUT this is still a mainline FF game and a jrpg with 3-4 other characters fighting alongside you. Problem is we still have very little idea of how we'll be able to interact with the other party members. To this point all we've seen are those half-assed party commands where we can only seemingly map one skill at a time for each party member. I've seen people mention a gambit system of some sorts but we've never actually seen it nor has it ever really been confirmed by the developers. Will we at least be able to issue or alter party member behavior in battle? So far I'm pretty much lead to believe that your party members are just there for show and that the computer ai will decide everything for you in regards to your party members. That's no fun.

Mediking

FFXV might get spoiled on GAF in a thread title in September.

A new trailer of FFXV is risky because how much can you show before it starts ruining that wow factor you get when you actually play the game? I'm not risking anything. I'll keep rewatching the Uncovered trailer and watching the Brotherhood anime. I'm trying my best not to give in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom