• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report set for June 13 at 8:00PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

FFXV might get spoiled on GAF in a thread title in September.

A new trailer of FFXV is risky because how much can you show before it starts ruining that wow factor you get when you actually play the game? I'm not risking anything. I'll keep rewatching the Uncovered trailer and watching the Brotherhood anime. I'm trying my best not to give in.

It's a very big game and on the story side of things there's still a lot of mystery.

Dark_castle

ATR's cool and all, but I kinda wish to see FFXV appearing in Sony's Press Conference just for the fun of it. Last time it happened was like back in 2013 with the initial announcement, and then poof, it's gone.

DeSolos

ATR's cool and all, but I kinda wish to see FFXV appearing in Sony's Press Conference just for the fun of it. Last time it happened was like back in 2013 with the initial announcement, and then poof, it's gone.

I think that's the plan. The Day Zero ATR happens right after(30min?) the Sony presser ends.

My guess is we'll get a new trailer, and then a proper ATR afterwards. E3 2013 had something similar. They had a trailer at the Sony show, and then the longer gameplay video at their own event the next day.

wmlk

It's gonna be at Sony's press conference most likely, since the ATR follows immediately after their press conference.

Previous ATRs linked to a press conference have started right after the press conference finishes. Taipei Game Show with the Niflheim/Aranea stuff and Uncovered being the most recent examples.

sappyday

Duscae 3.0, when?!

I really wanna see how much the game's improved, both mechanically and technically.

No more demos please. The game comes out in less than 4 months. The E3 footage should be a good indicator on performance and visuals. Also impressions from journalist and such.

I have a hunch that the E3 trailer at least will be a lot more story focused than the Uncovered trailers.

I freaking hope so. If you look at the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII that was at it's final E3 before release, it looked like a way more complete and ready to ship game then what we've seen of XV.

sappyday

I freaking hope so. If you look at the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII that was at it's final E3 before release, it looked like a way more complete and ready to ship game then what we've seen of XV.

It's amazing how very little we've seen of FFXV in terms of story. I remember watching those XIII trailers and seeing all those scenes from different chapters. In XV's trailers you can tell each scene is within the same chapter.

JBwB

I wonder how the refining process is going with the game. Hopefully they're able to showcase some beta / end product gameplay.

Think we have to worry about a lot of spoilers? Seems like Tabata has been doing a pretty good job keeping things secret.

I'm interested to hear the questions they answer at the ATR. I asked a couple on Twitter.

When the game launch you will probably get spoiled through thread titles.

Neogaf front page the same week after AAA game release:

"So about *insert game* sad ending..."

artsi

When the game launch you will probably get spoiled through thread titles.

Neogaf front page the same week after AAA game release:

"So about *insert game* sad ending..."

lol, yeah.

After September 15th it might be better that I won't open the internet until I've finished both Persona 5 and FFXV.

lol, yeah.

After September 15th it might be better that I won't open the internet until I've finished both Persona 5 and FFXV.
If I get spoiled on a game I've been waiting since I was in middle school for, I would just have to laugh and know that somehow I deserved it

brad-t

Probably a pipe dream, but would love for the E3 trailer to be directed/cut by Nomura. Nothing has matched the E3 2013 trailer for me yet.

SPAW

Probably a pipe dream, but would love for the E3 trailer to be directed/cut by Nomura. Nothing has matched the E3 2013 trailer for me yet.

at the same time, (even) he has his up-and-downs. His recent KH trailers have been far from stella(r)...

Ketaya

This reminds me that they still haven't released the dubbed version of the Uncovered extended trailer which I find to be pretty odd.

In that french video they were doing voiceover for that trailer, so we might see dubbed versions soon.

Go_Ly_Dow

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier, so I'm cross-posting it here. Square Enix France has posted a behind-the-scenes look at the French dubbing of the game. Is anyone familiar with these actors?

https://www.facebook.com/SquareEnixFrance/videos/10154118343112221/

I'm worried the E3 trailer is just gonna be a dub of the Japanese Uncovered trailer after seeing this because you can see the French VA's dubbing it in the vid.

That would be a disappointment.

Balls

Banned
I'm worried the E3 trailer is just gonna be a dub of the Japanese Uncovered trailer after seeing this because you can see the French VA's dubbing it in the vid.

Lol that would suck but classic Square.

Socivol

I don't think so because didn't Tabata talk about having people working on a trailer for E3? I think this event is too large for them to recycle a 3 month old trailer.

Go_Ly_Dow

I don't think so because didn't Tabata talk about having people working on a trailer for E3? I think this event is too large for them to recycle a 3 month old trailer.

He hasn't said anything of the sort from what I know.

It's just speculation, but seeing the French VA'S dub something that has already been released is bizarre.

Balls

Banned
He hasn't said anything of the sort from what I know.

It's just speculation, but seeing the French VA'S dub something that has already been released is bizarre.
Thing is both Gladiolus and Prompto don't have any speaking lines in the uncovered trailer but their voice actors are still shown in that video so who knows.

Mediking

And how is that a disappointment? We finally get to see if the English VA has improved at all since Duscae. I'm looking at you, English Noctis VA!!! This is your moment to shine! Don't blow it!

RaijinFY

And how is that a disappointment? We finally get to see if the English VA has improved at all since Duscae. I'm looking at you, English Noctis VA!!! This is your moment to shine! Don't blow it!

uh no. Seriously i'm waiting a bit more that the Unconvered trailer for an E3 show. Would be an inept move by S-E.

Go_Ly_Dow

Whilst it's a good trailer they can still do a lot better. Also, rehashing for E3 is a poor showing as it's the best place to bring the heat.

Aters

Whilst it's a good trailer they can still do a lot better. Also, rehashing for E3 is a poor showing as it's the best place to bring the heat.

Yes. E3 needs new stuff. Though I don't think they will show a new trailer. They will probably just put a playable demo there and do a playthrough in the stream, or maybe some extra in game footage like the last ATR.

raven777

especially if they plan to show the trailer at one of the conferences (probably Sony) It would be terrible to rehash a 3 months old trailer, even if it's dubbed.

Go_Ly_Dow

especially if they plan to show the trailer at one of the conferences (probably Sony) It would be terrible to rehash a 3 months old trailer, even if it's dubbed.

They could really do with showing a well directed story trailer again. The story parts of the Uncovered trailers were kinda like montages of loads of random events.

Please don't dissapoint! :(

Koozek

Ehhh, why do you guys want to watch the E3 trailer/ATR? I don't get it. It's only ~3 months left for us to experience everything on our own, brehs. I want to be surprised when I see the yet unknown summons, locations and characters.

brad-t

Ehhh, why do you guys want to watch the E3 trailer/ATR? I don't get it. It's only ~3 months left for us to experience everything on our own, brehs. I want to be surprised when I see the yet unknown summons, locations and characters.

The lead-up to the game is just as much a valid experience to enjoy as the game itself is, IMO. I want the hype.

Koozek

The lead-up to the game is just as much a valid experience to enjoy as the game itself is, IMO. I want the hype.

Yeah, yeah, "the journey is the destination" and I get it, but we had enough of that now after Uncovered. Now it's really just spoiling nice surprises for your first playthrough.

Funny thing is, I almost don't actively feel excited for the actual game itself anymore, now that we're so close. I'm already excited to see the first FFXVI tease :D

Mediking

Yeah, yeah, "the journey is the destination" and I get it, but we had enough of that now after Uncovered. Now it's really just spoiling nice surprises for your first playthrough.

Funny thing is, I almost don't actively feel excited for the actual game itself anymore, now that we're so close. I'm already excited to see the first FFXVI tease :D

That's what happens when you get too close to a game that your actual enjoyment is almost totally ruined. Hype is a double edged sword. FFXVI isn't coming for a good long while either so you shouldn't even be jumping up and down for that. That tease might not even happen until AFTER FF7 Remake releases.

Koozek

That's what happens when you get too close to a game that your actual enjoyment is almost totally ruined. Hype is a double edged sword. FFXVI isn't coming for a good long while either so you shouldn't even be jumping up and down for that. That tease might not even happen until AFTER FF7 Remake haplens.
I actually tried to avoid that by mostly staying out of FFXV threads since Uncovered and it feels refreshing to take a bit of distance after the last 3 years. Can't stand any more of that Stella/Versus talk, ugh.

Nah, we'll see FFXVI next year (before FFVIIR:E1 releases in November). I'd avatar bet with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom