• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Dawn 2.0 trailer, new screenshots

Soriku

CPESt3ZXAAQHpSn.jpg

Ceravic

At this point I've began ignoring the ATRs, they seemed like a decent idea at first, but they seem to like showing unfinished stuff, which always makes me worry about the state of the game.

I don't mind them. I don't go into them expecting to get my mind blown. It's neat to see new stuff. The only one I'm really putting any expectations in is the one in March. Anything else is just a nice bonus.

I still can't get over how such a manly ass Liam Neesons has a korean pop star child.

This is like the Godfather. If the Godfather starred boy bands.

Can't wait.

jimmypython

WTF.....this is just awful marketing. who thought it was a good idea to slowly add things to an old trailer??

the editing is still very bad....."fifteen years ago" and we saw the present day characters

Skux

It baffles me why they are showing us these supposedly pivotal character moments when we don't even know or care who they are yet.

I feel dumb for seeing "15 years ago" and thinking they were talking about dev time instantly. "has it been that long!?"

Really interested at a good look at non-demo gameplay, something from a major story moment. Seen enough of those green fields and vistas, gimme some meat.

Falk

that puzzling face
It basically a patched Dawn trailer. That 2.0 really is 2.0.

I'm surprised no one has made a "Duscae had 2.0, Dawn had 2.0, game will also have 2.0" joke yet.

Laugh it up as much as you want re: dog, really impressive-looking in-engine stuff.

Toth

Great stuff I want to know why Luna is holding the black haired woman's spear. Maybe she was the dragoon in the old trailer all along????

Looks awesome. The soldiers with the guns are the people saying, "You're weaker than Stella!". Brush them guns aside and walk away owning them!

Ishida

Banned
I'm still shocked at how good the visuals are. These cutscenes are rendered in real-time, and they look almost as good as the CGI that Visual Works usually pumps out. Truly amazing. Character models and lighting look really amazing.

Does Tabata even know anything about marketing? Nomura theoretically had 60% less of a game to show and still, all the trailers seemed to bring something new and interesting to hype us.

oimori

Too short. Trailer structure was fixed, better than previous, but too short...

Screen shots seem fine, though. ATR will be as meaty as PAX.

Everything pales in comparison to the 2013 re-reveal.

Well yeah but that had to be bombastic. These don't need to be.. yet.

We needed to know it was still coming and they were like yeah its still fucking alive.

These I feel like are just taking it slow and will ramp up as we get closer to the March Event and the actual release

Wait what's all this other stuff being posted? Chocobos? Fishing? Hype hype!

I agree that the chocobos look rough and why has almost all pics I've seen of this game this year look blurry?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yikes. What happened here?

Not any more rough than Gladio-thumbs-up or the car shot tbqh.

edit: Ok, I lied, there's some massive (like 20:1 compression ratio or more) jpg artifacting on that. See: Bottom left text.

Top Bottom