• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Dawn 2.0 trailer, new screenshots

That was a terrible trailer. Why do they even bother releasing this?

i don't know why they keep doing these slow, sad character pieces. like nobody has any real connection to these people or their struggle. wow luna is crying; im so concerned for the wellbeing of this character who didnt even have a name until a few months ago.

botty

Banned
cpesl_nwuaae6jr5kygl.jpg

Im.. canceling my pre-order. What the la hell?

arumisan

Not sure how I feel about it yet - it's so hard to react when I don't know much about the charaacters :/

That fishing screenshot reminds me a little of Nier though.

anaron

That 6 second scene of Luna smacking the gun out of her face is the most exciting thing this game has shown in a year.

and we can't even use her in the party. lol

botty

Banned
The way Luna smacked away that gun... I don't know, but some how I feel like she has good stamina. It was kind of cute?

Have people forgotten the old FFXvsXIII trailers? They were pretty dramatic as well, and that didn't stop people from getting attached to them
Stella

Cidd

Why do I get the feeling this game's story is going to be total confusing shit...

it's been years now and we still have no idea wtf is going on. smh.

damn it SE.

Why do I get the feeling this game's story is going to be total confusing shit...

damn it SE.

We know enough about the story already. I'd rather not have them spoil too many things about it before it releases.

anaron

i don't know why they keep doing these slow, sad character pieces. like nobody has any real connection to these people or their struggle. wow luna is crying; im so concerned for the wellbeing of this character who didnt even have a name until a few months ago.
lol pretty much

it makes sense though when you consider the amount of crazies who write essays about the main character who's only had any sort of development in interview quotes

DeSolos

That's actually the official screenshot, lol. Someone needs to ask Squeenix if they even bother looking at their pics before releasing them.

http://gematsu.com/gallery/final-fa...15/Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_09-16-15_001.jpg.php

Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_09-16-15_001.jpg

This is easily the worst image quality of anything they've showed of this game. Even Episode Duscae looks better than this.

Another thing that really bugs me about that shot is how saturated of a green color that palm tree is. I mean I'm from Florida so palm tree+swamps? Ok I'll buy it, but they aren't that green...

Gbraga

jE5b.jpg

This one looks amazing.

Especially Gladio.

And how he's holding Noctis' hand, not the fish.

OTP?

Seriously though, this is the cleanest I've seen this game looking so far. Is it just some really good anti aliasing or is this one 1080p native?

Eh, I think this could have been a great singular trailer if they had the grown up shots in the beginning and cut back on all of the transitions between them.

wmlk

tumblr_inline_ne55oxpA0O1qiv62w.jpg

Luna is in the same room as this one in the poster. I don't get the lighting, though. It makes it seem like they're two totally different seems and time of day.

I'm here for Luna giving no fucks, whee! That artwork is gorgeous, too.

That being said, there is still a weird difference between Noctis'/Luna's faces - Luna is more stylised, whereas Noctis looks more realistic. It was really jarring to see when the trailer flicked back and forth between them.

Gbraga

tumblr_inline_ne55oxpA0O1qiv62w.jpg

Luna is in the same room as this one in the poster. I don't get the lighting, though. It makes it seem like they're two totally different seems and time of day.

You sure? The chari is completely different. Maybe she just really likes chairs.

Elios83

Luna looks badass, can't wait to play this next year.
When is the next update scheduled? Jump Festa? March should be pretty big with the final release date.

wmlk

You sure? The chari is completely different. Maybe she just really likes chairs.

I think it's the same! There's a red cloth on the table, too.

I'm here for Luna giving no fucks, whee! That artwork is gorgeous, too.

That being said, there is still a weird difference between Noctis'/Luna's faces - Luna is more stylised, whereas Noctis looks more realistic. It was really jarring to see when the trailer flicked back and forth between them.

Stella and black haired woman's face in the E3 2013 CG shot was like that, too. It's weird. Maybe they wear make up?

I hope the Luna isn't strong shit stops with this ^__^

Hillarious how people jumped the gun, and judging by the trailer it looks like Noctis and Luna will have some sort of conflict with each other?

NullKaze

damn it SE.

Not really, we have plenty of idea.

Lucis and Nifleheim decide to sign an armistice. Noctis and Luna are supposed to marry to symbolise this union.

However, Nifleheim attacks Lucis under the ruse of the peace offering and takes the city and its crystal. Noctis learns that his father and Luna, as well as himself, are presumed dead.

Noctis decides to take back his kingdom.

Soma

i feel like those Luna scenes/artwork would've had more impact if they hadn't outright stated how "strong" she was beforehand.

I mean I kinda understand why they did damage control since FF fans are insane but still.

The image of her grabbing/handing off the spear is pretty cool though.

LunaFreya = Dragoon yes pls

benzy

This is easily the worst image quality of anything they've showed of this game. Even Episode Duscae looks better than this.

Another thing that really bugs me about that shot is how saturated of a green color that palm tree is. I mean I'm from Florida so palm tree+swamps? Ok I'll buy it, but they aren't that green...

I'm just going to assume nothing in that shot is final. lol.

jE5b.jpg

This one looks amazing.

Especially Gladio.

And how he's holding Noctis' hand, not the fish.

OTP?

Seriously though, this is the cleanest I've seen this game looking so far. Is it just some really good anti aliasing or is this one 1080p native?

It's 1080p and they finally got rid of the blurry post-processing AA smearing the whole image quality. The Pax screenshot was pretty clean too.

Final-Fantasy-XV_2015_08-31-15_001.jpg

i feel like those Luna scenes/artwork would've had more impact if they hadn't outright stated how "strong" she was beforehand.

I mean I kinda understand why they did damage control since FF fans are insane but still.

The image of her grabbing/handing off the spear is pretty cool though.

LunaFreya = Dragoon yes pls

This would be hilariously ironic considering back when it was Versus many assumed Stella was the Dragoon woman,

Weak

Guess they're never going to top e3 2013

They're not going to top it because they can't edit a trailer to save their lives. It's been limp at best since last year.

It's also a bit funny that they actually re-edited a trailer to try and make it better because they botched it so hard the first time... Should give an idea on how clueless they are on these trailers.

Either way, all I'm looking forward to is Chocobos right now, so they can show whatever trailer they want, as long as there are more than just screenshots of the Chocobos.

2Shea

I'm sure this was square's intention, but I wholeheartedly feel that had this been the original Dawn trailer, there would not have been half as much uproar and such.

The original trailer was quite lackluster, and didn't set the tone for much of anything, where as this trailer definitely captures more of the emotion of both Noctis and Luna, and even more so of Regis.

It was admittedly short, and only SE would ever release a 2.0 of a trailer, but I think it was the right thing to do. It set the record straight, and helps to get their marketing push going in the right direction. It may have been too little too late for some people, but I also suspect that those people may be the type to just go on media blackout from here on out. If you think the trickle of info is not for you, I completely understand. The original "Dawn" killed a lot of the hype for me, but I feel like the fact that they were able to get back on message helps things, and hopefully is a sign of good things to come.

That kinda looks like the black-haired girl from the re-reveal trailer as the dragoon here.

1290740_0.png

Weren't they talking at Gamescom about how they really didn't have a role for her at that time? Did they look at the popularity of the dragoon lady from the trailer and decide to re-purpose her and the black-haired girl into one character?

Top Bottom