• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Death Spell gameplay trailer

Kazuhira

I don't believe that trailer for a moment. Death rarely works. Probably took 'em 80 hours just to capture 4 minutes of it actually working.

Well,this spell feels more like a mix of 'drain' with instant kill tbh.
Not the typical luck-based 'death' from previous games imo.

JBwB

Man I hope they show more Pro footage in the future. Both at 4K and supersampled 1080p.

The PC build as always looks incredibly clear and detailed. Will definitely double dip when it inevitably releases on PC.

i hope that all that fuckery with titles popping every time you cross to another territory is just for demo purposes

or there;s options to turn them off during battle

This was PS4 footage, no?

I wonder if we will start to see PS4K footage in gameplay trailers from now on, they should probably add a watermark to those.

Kazuhira

have they still not issued the PC release date? i was hoping it would come out w the other versions....

They've got their hands full with the PS4/X1 versions,there's no need to complicate things even more right now.
You will have to wait a few years for the pc version.

Tyaren

I wonder if we will start to see PS4K footage in gameplay trailers from now on, they should probably add a watermark to those.

I don't think they will use Pro footage for trailers or presentations. They never had any scruples to show us not so great looking promo footage. They often chose to show us the Xbox One version in presentations and gameplay streams instead of the prettier PS4 version. They also have been very candid about what footage they were showing to us till now. They either specifically told us or we could clearly see for ourselves because of the button mapping.
Last but not least the PS4 version isn't their priority but the base versions, that's what they said. They are also still working on the Pro version but plan to get it ready for release of the game. The footage shown to the press on TGS was actually just a video file not real gameplay.
I hope we will see some direct feed Pro footage before release since it will determine for me if I am getting the console or not just yet.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

on the other hand, if the pro mode is 'merely' checkerboard rendering with HDR, they may not want to waste the bandwidth of putting up a huge 4K trailer that many people can't run

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
on the other hand, if the pro mode is 'merely' checkerboard rendering with HDR, they may not want to waste the bandwidth of putting up a huge 4K trailer that many people can't run

That doesn't make any sense. They released the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex stuff just fine.

Philippo

This is probably the most boring animation for the spell in the series history.

I guess you don't like Harry Potter?

giphy.gif

Zemm

man, the whole background 'uh!'/'oohff!'/'augh!' gruntin'n'groanin', combined with them trademark 'random remarks', is just sooo overdone. i can't imagine this being much fun to listen to beyond the first few hours (if even that :) )...

Reminds me of Horizon Zero Dawn and the constant chatter, annoying.

I was most impressed with the night time, it was actually dark. So few games actually manage that properly.

Inuhanyou

That doesn't make any sense. They released the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex stuff just fine.

haha, i completely forgot about that.....SE have quite a bit of checkerboard rendering pro footage already out there.

PK Gaming

Went into the video thinking "an entire video for ONE spell, how silly"

But the spell was way better than I expected. And brutal! Using that spell on human enemies definitely feels cruel, but in the best way.

shuraiya

Throughout that Iron Giant fight, I was waiting for one stray swing of its sword to demolish the car; too bad that doesn't seem possible.

N7.Angel

I mean... they had to extend their marketing schedule somehow I guess lol.

Did the game has something we don't know yet ? I mean, there is new footage almost every weeks...

The game looks good though, I hope they'll release a Pro Version really soon.

Golnei

The actual mesh warping does look a little messy (as is to be expected when applying something like that to every generic enemy in the game), but it's worth it for the effect (and also plays into a bit of an uncanny valley sort of thing, however unintentionally, in how it highlights the artificiality of the models in a manner that's more commonly the domain of glitches and hacking). It's an interesting take on the spell, but I'm not sure if they should have the transformation persist if you don't manage to kill an enemy with it - it looks okay as part of the magic sequence, but seeing enemies (especially the soldiers) walking around and attacking normally with the shrunken mesh afterwards looks kind of awkward.

PSY・S;218901803 said:

Inuhanyou

Went into the video thinking "an entire video for ONE spell, how silly"

But the spell was way better than I expected. And brutal! Using that spell on human enemies definitely feels cruel, but in the best way.

i don't think there are any humans in the trailer

Famassu

Did the game has something we don't know yet ? I mean, there is new footage almost every weeks...

The game looks good though, I hope they'll release a Pro Version really soon.
Well, the game was supposed to be released a few days ago originally. They had a whole marketing blitz planned that they now have to extend for two more months.

Inuhanyou

PSY・S;218907272 said:
noctis is daemon confirmed

bros are just a figment of his imagination

deep

It was all a dream. A fantasy, based on reality

Mifec

Hope the other ring magic is more impressive. This was cool for a use or two.
have they still not issued the PC release date? i was hoping it would come out w the other versions....
not even announced yet.
They've got their hands full with the PS4/X1 versions,there's no need to complicate things even more right now.
You will have to wait a few years for the pc version.

If they want to sell it for 20 bucks sure. 1 year max for announcement.

wmlk

I'd love it if we were required to use it on a human upon getting this spell. Would be so good.

Golnei

I'd love it if we were required to use it on a human upon getting this spell. Would be so good.

Stella or Cor?

That could be a great moment, but it might be constrained a little by the tone requirements of a mainline title - if the nature of the 'goddess of death' and the human imperial soldiers were revised for that reason, a player-driven execution could be a little difficult to pull off.

Still, if they could get away with conveying the impact through implication instead of explicit body horror, it could give the spell/the Lucii magic in general some further gravity.

Logash

Look really cool.

Little off topic: Have they mentioned yet how you will be able to summon in the game? Really hope it's not like the demo.

Top Bottom