• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV DLC includes playable Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto, ‘Online Exp'

Moskalova

“Booster Pack” (DLC #1)

Freely obtain powerful weapons that will give you an edge and make battles more exciting.

“Episode Gladiolus” (DLC #2)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Gladiolus. In this episode, you can control Gladiolus as a playable character.

“Holiday Pack” (DLC #3)

Freely obtain a wonderful item pack that will make the game even flashier.

“Episode Ignis” (DLC #4)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Ignis. In this episode, you can control Ignis as a playable character.

“Episode Prompto” (DLC #5)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Prompto. In this episode, you can control Prompto as a playable character.

“Online Expansion Pack” (DLC #6)

An expansion pack that lets you play a completely new Final Fantasy XV.

Gematsu

UPDATE

Official statement, thanks to Koozek

Online expansion pack?..my mind is racing but it's most likely that betting with the monsters at the Colosseum but with online now isn't it

Chocobo online racing maybe? Lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I saw this before in Drakengard 3.

Still hyped. Prompto is going to be the most unique to play as, probably.

benzy

Well only the first one talk about online really as far as I can remember. Tabata might expand on this at Gamescom.

It's the second leaker. Here's some stuff he said.

- "There definitely are some fetch quests but most of the side activities you might get into in your playthrough are the optional dungeons and hunt contracts.

I don't think they revealed everything. While i don't expect Witcher 3 level of writing for the sub-quests i don't expect them to be too boring. People waiting this game for years will love wandering around.

So... Gamescom is coming, do you guys ever wanted some online elements to the game?"

-"A big "expansion" with online elements is coming.

They may announce it at Gamescom.

It's nothing new tho, Dualshockers reported it back then.

I know some things i'll keep for myself for now, i just wanted to tease y'all by confirming the thing."

sounds like the kind of thing that could be a 30 minute mission in a reused environment or something substantial. im going to wait for more details. don't want another batgirl situation.

NateDog

This just makes me even more disappointed looking at this compared to what Versus XIII would have been (although I'm aware that game may have never actually been finished).

sappyday

Honestly I don't care about playing as the other members. Don't really see the point since as Noct your playstyle can be like any one of them, which is why having Noct be the only playable character isn't such a big deal for me.

Curios about the online but the holiday pack is what I'm most excited about.

artsi

Moskalova

120v

Honestly I don't care about playing as the other members. Don't really see the point since as Noct your playstyle can be like any one of them, which is why having Noct be the only playable character isn't such a big deal for me.

i'm guessing each character is a different "campaign". separate from the main game

otherwise that'd be pretty lame

I'm just going to assume that the "online" part is just a mistranslation or stating that it'll be available online or something. There is no reason to put online in the game. It really doesn't make sense to either. If people want an online Final Fantasy game there's already FFXIV and FFXI.

Famassu

Wasn't thinking they'd make DLC with other characters playable. Will be interesting to see how they'll compare to Noctis. Only being DLC, not sure if they'll be all that comparable in depth/variety.

I'm just going to assume that the "online" part is just a mistranslation or stating that it'll be available online or something. There is no reason to put online in the game. It really doesn't make sense to either. If people want an online Final Fantasy game there's already FFXIV and FFXI.
That's why it's in the season pass?

benzy

Curios about the online but the holiday pack is what I'm most excited about.

At least from the rumor leaks that revealed the online expansion, these will be solo missions.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wonder if the Character DLCs are completely self-contained stories where the "starring" character is on their own for the duration, or if it actually sort of "retcons" a character switching mechanic into the main game's combat system. Probably the former, but I could see them coming with some extra special abilities, equipment or something for the party members that carry over to the main quest.

Come to think of it, it would be awesome if there were DLC summons.
Maybe add one per Character DLC.

I just pray these are real gameplay experiences and not glorified minigames or a handful of cutscenes.
SquareEnix, you burned me reeeeaaaaaaalllll bad with your Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC.

Snow's DLC advertised itself as a "campaign" on the PSN Store, but it's really just two non-sequitor boss battles and a couple short cutscenes.
Sazh's DLC was grinding luck-based minigames until you earn the right to not have to play the DLC anymore.

duckroll

It's further down on the page:

FFXV オンライン拡張パック(DLC6)(仮)

Zm7tpwz.png

Huh, that's curious. The only place it lists "Online Expansion Pack" is on the final Season Pass listing. It's "Expansion Pack" in the Digital Premium listing and the Season Pass Upgrade listing. Copy/paste typo in the PR? Or did they forget to delete Online from one listing before sending it out? Lol.

Nope, not in the tweet either. I think Online definitely isn't SUPPOSED to be there in the listing. But whether it means there was a typo or whether they're trying waiting on a formal announcement later on is anyone's guess.

artsi

Huh, that's curious. The only place it lists "Online Expansion Pack" is on the final Season Pass listing. It's "Expansion Pack" in the Digital Premium listing and the Season Pass Upgrade listing. Copy/paste typo in the PR? Or did they forget to delete Online from one listing before sending it out? Lol.

Yeah I thought about that, maybe they missed one spot deleting references to online :p

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Platinum Demo gives me the idea for how easy it would be to shit the supporting characters into reused environments and make a linear "game" out of it.

I just hope it's relevant, re: the revelations in the story. If we learn about Gladiolus' past, say, and this fills in new revelations that enhance our enjoyment of him in the overall story: GREAT. It would seem like the expansion pack I always wanted featuring the likes of Laguna, Kiros & Ward or Jecht, Auron & Braska.

But if it's like "Prompto's Linear Adventure through Reused Assets... at the end he fights a re-colored Behemoth!"....... NO THANKS.

Maybe but it's still a strange addition to a single player rpg.
I doubt it'll be anything wildly out there and since it's not taking anything from the main game I'm all for it. Like I mentioned early perhaps it's something simple like online chocobo races or something(come on Tabata let me prove my advanced chocobo driving skills)

Why is online co-op multiplayer for a party based action RPG such a strange concept?
Man if this is what it is tho...10/10

120v

online =/= mmorpg

i'm guessing it's something along the lines of bloodborne chalice dungeons or something like that, very generally speaking. but it could be anything

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
A completely new final fantasy xv? Must be as Stella and three friends

At this point it's sad, but it's clear that playable female are a no go for FFXV. I was hoping for Lunafreya DLC (and Aranea and Gentiana) but...Tabata has a vision...And it involves a whole lot of men in strong positions, and women are kind of shifted.

So anyway...still can't wait for the game, and got it preordered. No regrets...but I think I'll skip on the season pass. I mean....was it this hard Tabata? One DLC with a playable lady? Fuck's sake.

I'll probably get the Ignis DLC. He's awesome

SoulUnison

Banned
Why is online co-op multiplayer for a party based action RPG such a strange concept?

Oh! It just sort of clicked for me.

The three Character DLCs where you directly control the other 3 party members on their own will add playable functionality for them to the game bit by bit, then the "Online DLC" might be something like the Altissia Colosseum but with the whole party controlled by human players, since the framework will exist at that point.

I suppose when you think of it as a party based game that's fair. I just always forget the AI. Same reason I would find it weird to have online in a kingdom hearts game.

Since they're making everyone playable through dlc I guess the could just have people jump in as Prompto or something.

Ray Down

Banned
Platinum Demo gives me the idea for how easy it would be to shit the supporting characters into reused environments and make a linear "game" out of it.

I just hope it's relevant, re: the revelations in the story. If we learn about Gladiolus' past, say, and this fills in new revelations that enhance our enjoyment of him in the overall story: GREAT. It would seem like the expansion pack I always wanted featuring the likes of Laguna, Kiros & Ward or Jecht, Auron & Braska.

But if it's like "Prompto's Linear Adventure through Reused Assets... at the end he fights a re-colored Behemoth!"....... NO THANKS.

Well if 4 chan is right
It's Prompt trying to escape from being captured by Arydn

sappyday

Online expansion adds more to the first 4 chan rumor, exciting!

Which first rumor? The first I can think off is the one that made the game sound like it was in a dire state. When asked about DLC the leaker only mention about one of them being about Gladio.

Top Bottom