• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV DLC includes playable Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto, ‘Online Exp'

I suppose when you think of it as a party based game that's fair. I just always forget the AI. Same reason I would find it weird to have online in a kingdom hearts game.

Since they're making everyone playable through dlc I guess the could just have people jump in as Prompto or something.
If it's a side thing I gladly welcome it I hope kingdom hearts 3 brings back the mirage arena for example

SoulUnison

Banned
But... Kingdom Hearts already had multiplayer in both 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep...

Man, I wish 358 Days had been online, or I had actually known people at the time who were playing it.

Selling it as a DLC though.

I can't recall immediately any game that sells online functionality as DLC. Is there any...?

I can think of a couple games that had online patched into them after release, but I can't find one off the top of my head that *sold* the functionality.
Like there was a Dragon Ball Z game for 3DS that launched without multiplayer or any hint that it was planned or coming, but then they patched it in later.

But... Kingdom Hearts already had multiplayer in both 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep...

Yeah and it was a horrendously boring experience that I honestly forgot about until you mentioned it.

I'm sure some people will like it. I just expected an actual story expansion if they were going to do dlc. Who knows maybe it is a full expansion with added online.

Ray Down

Banned
At this point it's sad, but it's clear that playable female are a no go for FFXV. I was hoping for Lunafreya DLC (and Aranea and Gentiana) but...Tabata has a vision...And it involves a whole lot of men in strong positions, and women are kind of shifted.

So anyway...still can't wait for the game, and got it preordered. No regrets...but I think I'll skip on the season pass. I mean....was it this hard Tabata? One DLC with a playable lady? Fuck's sake.

I'll probably get the Ignis DLC. He's awesome

It not like Nomura was going to make them playable, seeing how he denied it happening saying it would be hard.

He said this in like 2013.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Can't even remotely get excited about playing as those characters in particular.
The game needs to sell me on them first.

Ray Down

Banned
Which first rumor? The first I can think off is the one that made the game sound like it was in a dire state. When asked about DLC the leaker only mention about one of them being about Gladio.

That one wasn't 4 chan was it? Thought it was some dude from gamesfaq?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It not like Nomura was going to make them playable, seeing how he denied it happening saying it would be hard.

He said this in like 2013.

Except Nomura is gone as a director, and I was really thinking that there would be DLC content with playable women at least. The more I think about it, the more it's clear that I shouldn't have preordered the game based on my expectations. Not SE or the game's fault but mine.

But I was really, really hoping for them to right the course, and give us a Lunafreya campaign as DLC...and I'm realizing now that I was kind of dumb to expect that.

Kind of stuck with the PSN preorder now anyway, so I'll see I guess. Game will probably still be good, but I'd trade that preorder for a Gravity Rush 2 one in an instant if I could. Especially since I'm short on cash for the future...Is there a way to cancel a pre-order for PSN Canada that doesn't involve calling Sony directly?

SoulUnison

Banned
Can't even remotely get excited about playing as those characters in particular.
The game needs to sell me on them first.

Well you'll have plenty of time to get to know them before the DLS's even on the horizon if you're picking it up close to launch. They say that they're not even going beyond planning stages until XV proper is released, so if the way they're listed here is the intended order of release, I'd bet we get "Booster Pack" at or extremely close to launch, and "Episode Gladiolus" sometime maybe early-mid December around the "Holiday Pack."

That'd put Ignis and Prompto in 2017, maybe something like February and April/May, and then "Online Expansion" probably Summer 2017.

"holiday pack makes things more colorful"? I'm assuming lil details like holiday outfits and lights around the workout something for Christmas?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well you'll have plenty of time to get to know them before the DLS's even on the horizon if you're picking it up close to launch. They say that they're not even going beyond planning stages until XV proper is released, so if the way they're listed here is the intended order of release, I'd bet we get "Booster Pack" at or extremely close to launch, and "Episode Gladiolus" sometime maybe early-mid December around the "Holiday Pack."

That'd put Ignis and Prompto in 2017, maybe something like February and April/May, and then "Online Expansion" probably Summer 2017.

Yet they're selling it now.

"holiday pack makes things more colorful"? I'm assuming lil details like holiday outfits and lights around the workout something for Christmas?

I'm hoping it's some kind of filter / texture pack where everything is like Christmasy and there's snow everywhere and Prompto is dressed as Santa

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I can think of a couple games that had online patched into them after release, but I can't find one off the top of my head that *sold* the functionality.
Like there was a Dragon Ball Z game for 3DS that launched without multiplayer or any hint that it was planned or coming, but then they patched it in later.

Yea, like Bloodborne, for example, did that as well.

Resident Evil 5 did it for Versus

Correct me if I am wrong, but that's just a mode, right? You *can* play online coop with a friend right from the very beginning, correct? So it's not the online functionality that they're selling, but rather an additional online mode.

The game is a single player rpg... adding online later is basically an expansion pack

I... guess? Seems really weird to sell online functionality. Maybe it's not that different with selling additional modes, I guess.

Hmmm, interesting, so this could be some co-op stuff or even some crazy multiplayer mini-games.
Tetra Master Online - YES
Dissidia: Final Fantasy XV style battles?
fck, so many possibilities

duckroll

I think if they do add online multiplayer it's not going to be the main thing they add. It'll be a content expansion pack with new areas, story, etc. But it will also add online play.

In 2019.

Lol.

I think if they do add online multiplayer it's not going to be the main thing they add. It'll be a content expansion pack with new areas, story, etc. But it will also add online play.

In 2019.

Lol.
Ffxv-2:watch the throne
Co-op campaign
Releasing 2019 with kh3 and ffvii remake

KingBroly

Banned
Correct me if I am wrong, but that's just a mode, right? You *can* play online coop with a friend right from the very beginning, correct? So it's not the online functionality that they're selling, but rather an additional online mode.

Yeah, but it's made up of 4 different 2-on-2 modes. It's really stupid.

You could also say Online Passes were the same thing, technically.

But either way it just makes Online less likely to be played because it's likely to come months after the initial release when people have finished playing it, which is what RE5 did, hence the comparison to it. You're getting a subset of a subset there, and it might be one more subset as well because I really doubt the content they're going to provide in this DLC is going to keep player engaged for that long for it to release.

Yet they're selling it now.
That's a shitty practice but par the course for this industry. Witcher 3 expansions to were entirely unknown at release and the first one was released half year later. Of course, they were all exceptional in quality so there's that.

Online expansion is likely co-op considering they're going to make the other party members playable.
And the word "exapnsion" leads me to believe that its going to be a new area with new weapons, enemies, etc.

Either way, I'm really excited.

If it is a co-op expansion i hope that they look into couch co-op using second screen. I mean I know they won't but hey one can dream.

Tyaren

“Holiday Pack” (DLC #3)

Freely obtain a wonderful item pack that will make the game even flashier.

I hope they mean flashy alternate costumes by this. I need some colorful, funny and sexy stuff to dress the funeral band up in. ;)

Everyone who has been following this game since day 0 should have absolutely known we will be getting an online component. What that entailed exactly has been a mystery.

But like duckroll mentioned, BBS and 358/2 both had multiplayer (hoping for a highly refined Mirage Arena in KH3) so one can only imagine we will get something akin to that.

If it is that and not just colliseum betting (trolled us if so) then the season pass is 1000% worth it to me even if the story DLC ends up failing

Sigh you guys dont make me have to leave until sep 30th lol

It's looking more and more like bits and pieces of leaks are starting to actually line up with what we know. If spoilers are really a concern, I'd probably start bailing out of FFXV threads sooner rather than later since it'll only start happening more.

'Course, I'll be sticking around cause I eat spoilers up like candy.

JunkoEve

Online expansion adds more to the first 4 chan rumor, exciting!

Yeah that rumor seems a lot more credible now.

『Inaba Resident』;213357000 said:
is this the same one that mentioned
Tenebrae being one of the main exploreable areas
and the performance being good?

Doesn't this basically confirm that really positive
(doom train involved )
leak?

I'll say this here, and I have good reason to believe, that this time, this 4chan leaker is legit especially about
doomtrain

Go watch Amano trailer again. https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=61-oASiSisI

It's clear as day that
doomtrain is available and does what it does

You heard it here

pLow7

Apparently it's this part that gets everybody assuming Online-Parts:

※オンラインマルチプレイに対応している場合、オンラインプレイを楽しむにためにはPlayStation®Plusへの加入(有料)が必要です。

This basically says you need Playstation-Plus to use Online-Multiplayer parts.

edit: From the Japanese Playstation Store

True Fire

A GTA Online version of FFXV would be fun and interesting. It would be enough to fund Final Fantasys 16 through 25 as well.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So apparently you can control and play with all the BROs in the DLCs? Awesome value...

silva1991

If playable Gladiolus is good enough to beat atleast smaller mobs then there is no excuse to not include him in the main game to begin with.

IvorB

Ugh... this is such a tragic look for Final Fantasy peddling this stuff. Sign of the times I guess.

You know I think there's few things that put me off a game more than devs pushing all this stuff already before the game is even out.

Top Bottom