• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis Teaser Trailer

Keinning

That piece of information got everything wrong about Episode Prompto.

?
Havent played it yet but judging by the trailer-teaser, many of the things are indeed there

Nailing december for EP Ignis when everybody and their mothers expected august was kinda surprising as well. Not saying that leak is correct (4chan leaks rarely are) but still.

Ydelnae

?
Havent played it yet but judging by the trailer-teaser, many of the things are indeed there

Nailing december for EP Ignis when everybody and their mothers expected august was kinda surprising as well. Not saying that leak is correct (4chan leaks rarely are) but still.

No new Chapter 13 sequence with Noctis and Prompto and Prompto is joined by Aranea during his episode. We'll see about the rest.

As Koozek says, it also got too many details from Episode Gladio wrong. It got the Episode Ignis release date right, okay, a broken clock is also right twice a day.

DNAbro

You mean this one, I guess.

EDIT: Btw, if you click on the link that leak was wrong on a few things already before the part I quoted.

crazy how they got the month right. Hmm...

84f40dc7c3eb75373d3d95d27df01ff75e5c7d6c_hq.jpg

Philippo

It all sounds good and all, but i hope that when the inevitable GOTY edition comes they'll find a way to integrate all these stories into the main game, would make for a much more interesting and immersive experience.

JayEH

I keep forgetting FFXV has those "a few weeks later" messages come up so that explains why the bros have times to do all these adventures lmao.

Ydelnae

Question for my dear XV-Gaffers, how have the DLCs been up until now? Do they fill some of our complaints about story?

Well yeah PC version/GOTY/Complete edition whatever, i bet SE will do them all lol

They could have been better. As they are right now, they have not fixed my complaints about the story but they have been enjoyable. I think Episode Prompto will be better than Gladio's and Chapter 13-2, but I still haven't played it.

I don't think the issues with the story are going to be addressed in any DLC, I lost hope on that front long ago. They will patch content on top of these issues to make them less prevalent and noticeable to the player, but at least personally, I've already accepted that the team is not going for what I would have liked to see.

Socivol

Question for my dear XV-Gaffers, how have the DLCs been up until now? Do they fill some of our complaints about story?

Well yeah PC version/GOTY/Complete edition whatever, i bet SE will do them all lol

For the paid updates Episode Gladio is fine for the $5 you have to pay for it. It adds a bit of sorry about Cor and Gladio and makes Gladio seem like slightly less of an asshole but it's not groundbreaking. The free Chapter 13 DLC was actually kind of nice to me. You have the Episode Gladio battle system and you go through part of the chapter with Ignis. It's short and doesn't add much though. One thing I do like about the story DLC is they are making it even more clear that Ardyn is being a dick the whole time and enjoying playing around with the guys.

By the way, is the leak has been on point on that one (the part where Prompto is playable in chapter 13) ? :

1.08: This one comes in June, will add the ability of going out of the tracks with the regalia using an update with a new mission from Cindy. This mission feature Prompto alone. Also adds Prompto playable to chapter 13 at the moment Noctis is with the crystal. This sequence will be alternated between Noctis gameplay and Prompto gameplay.

Question for my dear XV-Gaffers, how have the DLCs been up until now? Do they fill some of our complaints about story?l

The free ones have been pretty good for being free. I personally like Timed Quests and the Moogle Chocobo Carnival was pretty great. Other things have been added than just those two, but it's been nice so far.

As for the paid DLC, only Episode Gladiolus has released, with Episode Prompto releasing today. Episode Gladiolus was really great and for $5 is kind of a steal considering what minor DLC for other JRPGs go for these days. The story dives into Gladio and Cor, and gives a lot of insight when you camp with Cor. So camp often.

Episode Prompto, from impressions of those that are playing it now in NZ, sounds like people love it and that it gives a lot of cool added story. Really looking forward to playing this.

Runner67

By the way, is the leak has been on point on that one (the part where Prompto is playable in chapter 13) ? :

This wasn't added no. I mean, it could be separate I guess at some point? They were right about several things but wrong about others so who knows.

Valonquar

Waiting for all the DLC to be done before bothering loading this up again. It just wasn't good enough, even it was fairly pretty in places.

Runner67

Waiting for all the DLC to be done before bothering loading this up again. It just wasn't good enough, even it was fairly pretty in places.

Waiting for the gamescom announcements to hopefully get me back in. I stopped halfway through after hearing how unfinished certain things were. They've added some decent story exposition so far. But I'm hoping they can wow later this summer as they've said 75% of their dev team is still working on the game.

I'm seriously hoping map expansions (Galahd, Niflheim (Tenebrae), Altissia) and story expansions (Ifrit, Villains, Luna, etc) are their first priority. Probably getting way too ahead of myself here, but with that survey, I think anything is possible at this point. I think they even know it.

There's just so much more that can be done with this game.

Socivol

Waiting for the gamescom announcements to hopefully get me back in. I stopped halfway through after hearing how unfinished certain things were. They've added some decent story exposition so far. But I'm hoping they can wow later this summer as they've said 75% of their dev team is still working on the game.

I'm seriously hoping map expansions (Galahd, Niflheim (Tenebrae), Altissia) and story expansions (Ifrit, Villains, Luna, etc) are their first priority. Probably getting way too ahead of myself here, but with that survey, I think anything is possible at this point. I think they even know it.

We have been asking for two things since the game launched and haven't really gotten either. 1) Fixing the framepacing 2) fixing the main story they haven't really delivered on either of those things although they have added a lot of new content most of it was stuff nobody actually asked for.

This is how dreams are crushed.

Runner67

We have been asking for two things since the game launched and haven't really gotten either. 1) Fixing the framepacing 2) fixing the main story they haven't really delivered on either of those things although they have added a lot of new content most of it was stuff nobody actually asked for.

Welp, thats the only reason why I'm holding out for Gamescom. There's only so much you can announce without it being done. But after that I'm not expecting much support.

mas8705

So two things come to mind when I watch this.

One: My hopes of a Cooking Mama like Episode is dashed away /sarcasm. I hope though that Ignis does get to learn some new Recipes that can be carried over to the main game. Seems like a given, but still.

The 2nd though is that I'm struggling to recall when this happened. It couldn't be in the latter half due to the whole
Ignis went blind
part, but also unlike our other two episodes, Ignis was always with Noct. Still, can't wait for the details when we get them.

Ricker

December really...? this is disappointing to say the least,oh well,got the Season Pass a while back but its an awful release date...way too far after Prompto...

Socivol

Welp, thats the only reason why I'm holding out for Gamescom. There's only so much you can announce without it being done. But after that I'm not expecting much support.

If it makes you feel any better Episode Prompto does have a good bit of story and it's actually the first time I recall
anyone from Nilfheim actually referencing the events of Kingsglaive. It has some good character development for Aranea and makes Ardyn even more of a dick.
So hopefully they stay on that course and we might get our wish of an improved story.

KupoNut

That's way too long, I agree. That means nothing but small updates until December? Not good....

I agree but maybe (a wild guess) because of all the Luna, Ardyn, Altissia feedback they've opted to add more story to Ignis' DLC than what was originally planned?

Minamu

Are the character DLCs and that ch 13 addition well integrated into the actual game these days? I remember accessing the new ch13 from the main menu, I don't want that shit :/

Top Bottom