• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto |OT|

Vashetti

Banned
DCtjyrpUIAA_aSl.jpg

Details
Availability – PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store
Pricing – $4.99 (Season Pass also available for $24.99)
Release – June 27, 2017 WW

It's time for Prompto to take centre stage in his very own episode!

Become the cheerful gunslinger himself and experience a brand new storyline, wrapped in thrilling Third Person Shooter gameplay. Separated from the group in a harsh arctic environment, Prompto heads off to the place of his birth to uncover the truth of his mysterious origins...

https://www.finalfantasyxv.com/en/episode-prompto

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ7gs2bp9cU

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Slater

Banned
Ending spoilers, click with caution:
Ardyn humming the fucking victory theme at the end is an all time great moment. It's easily his best moment in the game at the least

Keinning

Game isn't even out in some regions yet and you people are already posting ending spoilers? seriously?

guess its time to abandon the internet for a day or two, jesus.

Socivol

Ending spoilers, click with caution:
Ardyn humming the fucking victory theme at the end is an all time great moment. It's easily his best moment in the game at the least
They do a really good job
showing that he really had this all planned out.
He is such a good antagonist by far my favorite in the series.

Slater

Banned
Well at least the story is good going by twitter.

It's focused.

It knows what it's trying to do, which honestly is one of the biggest problems with the base game till the final leg.

Really what this and the Ignis teaser showed me is that the leak saying they didn't know what to do with Gladio is super true. Because they clearly had actual ideas for Prompto and Ignis.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's focused.

It knows what it's trying to do, which honestly is one of the biggest problems with the base game till the final leg.

Really what this and the Ignis teaser showed me is that the leak saying they didn't know what to do with Gladio is super true. Because they clearly had actual ideas for Prompto and Ignis.

What leak?

Ruff

Lots of lovely close ups of the best folk in this one.

edit: This is pretty nice for a cheapo priced DLC

$4.99 for that? Damn it I just sold my copy of FFXV today too ��

Also a snowmobile time trial, an "Intense Training" section (don't want to spoil this), and unlockable outfit/weapons.

All for $5. (Or free if you have the Season Pass.)

So we gonna pretend this doesnt look like dirge of cerberus

This has significantly better gameplay and story than Dirge.

Keinning

So we gonna pretend this doesnt look like dirge of cerberus

have you played it or are you judging your opinion based on some loose artwork

because prompto is the complete opposite of vincent so i have a hard time believing this could be anything like dirge of cerberus

True Fire

The second half of the game desperately needed fleshing out, so this makes me really excited.

My only request is that Tabata add these stories into the main game. Having them tacked on to a special menu ruins the fact that they're a part of the main plot and pretty much mandatory to understand the story (this also goes for Ch 13.2)

ramyeon

Great, downloading while at work and I'll give this a go tonight. Glad to hear positive impressions. Gladio's DLC didn't do much for me.

ULTROS!

Beat it. I'm of the opinion that this badly needs to be a part of the main game post Chapter 11+

You got a more in-depth impression? :)

The second half of the game desperately needed fleshing out, so this makes me really excited.

My only request is that Tabata add these stories into the main game. Having them tacked on to a special menu ruins the fact that they're a part of the main plot and pretty much mandatory to understand the story (this also goes for Ch 13.2)

Modders will do the work, SE too lazy.

It's sitting in my downloads right now but I have to wait until Friday because I don't have enough phone data to download this and the patch ._.

Have fun with Prompto everyone!

I don't understand why people talk about modders like they're gods in FFXV's threads. Things like this aren't easy to implement. If SE didn't do it themselves, no one will.

If a pc ver releases you'll see them do it. Mind you I don't game on pc but I can already see it. I mean what's so hard inserting for ep prompto once he
gets pushed of the train
? The whole special selection menu does a disservice to the dlc.

If a pc ver releases you'll see them do it. Mind you I don't game on pc but I can already see it. I mean what's so hard inserting for ep prompto once he
gets pushed of the train
? The whole special selection menu does a disservice to the dlc.

Yeah, I also hope for a more organic implementation, but stuff like that is not as simple as you might think (for modders I mean, not SE). Especially with Luminous being a Japanese engine, which means it's probably not mod-friendly.

Neiteio

They said they where thinking where and how to reveal the results. Most people are expecting in Gamescom, since they said they have big FFXV plans for it.
I hope they reveal that they were actually already working on everything they listed, but the survey will simply decide what comes out first.

Top Bottom