• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

Does anyone knows how many hunts are in the game?

Final Fantasy XII had 45 and I loved all of them. I hope XV has something similar.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY TUCKING SHIT IM AT WORK BUT MY GF TOLD
ME THE GAME IS AT MY HOUSE ATM

IM FUCKINGDYING IN FUCKING DUKG HOLYMUCLXLO GJSIT

Zedark

Expecting a bloodbath in the review topic. Not so much terrible reviews, just people not being able to handle 7 and 8s out of 10. Set your expectations realistically, this is modern day Square.

I am so much looking forward to throwing a deluxe tantrum in a few hours, will be so much fun!
jk

you are probably right, but I still think it'll perform fine, 83-85 roughly perhaps

Alej

Banned
I won't be disappointed at bad reviews (or only for my precious GAF account) because i think it can be really divisive.

People expecting an open world FFX out of it will be disappointed. But people (or FFXII fans) expecting a great game will be served.

It is a great game and a great FF to me. But if you expect something like Witcher 3, with the story focus of FFX while playing like DMC, yeah it's not the game you dreamed of.

Fact, i am addicted to the game, i love how they have done the world and in particular the dungeons. It is a special game and after 13 hours i could say my GOTY.

Damn I'm staring at pre-load button on PSN and torn if I should....DO IT.

I would've done it ages ago...but dem impressions by Gaffers who were lucky to grab an early copy 😐

kurahador

t1480345200z1.png

Until reviews drop.

HEKemoi.gif

ChazGW7

The game is excellent, currently sitting at work anticipating getting home and continuing my play through.

There is so much to do, whoever finished the story in 25 hours must have seriously blitzed through it because I am 8 hours playtime and only on Chapter 2. Exploring is very rewarding.

ethomaz

Banned
I won't be disappointed at bad reviews (or only for my precious GAF account) because i think it can be really divisive.

People expecting an open world FFX out of it will be disappointed. But people (or FFXII fans) expecting a great game will be served.

It is a great game and a great FF to me. But if you expect something like Witcher 3, with the story focus of FFX while playing like DMC, yeah it's npt thz game you dreamed of.

Fact, i am addicted to the game, i love how they have done the world and in particular the dungeons. It is a special game and after 13 hours i could say my GOTY.
The big issues starts after Chapter 9 I guess... most guys seems to like the first half even with the repetitive quests.

ethomaz

Banned
The game is excellent, currently sitting at work anticipating getting home and continuing my play through.

There is so much to do, whoever finished the story in 25 hours must have seriously blitzed through it because I am 8 hours playtime and only on Chapter 2. Exploring is very rewarding.
A friend finished in 23 hours doing 25 side-quests... if you follow the main quest you will really finish it fast.

PS. People has different way to play games... some like to finish the story first to start the side-quests in the post-ending.

Zedark

The big issues starts after Chapter 9 I guess... most guys seems to like the first half even with the repetitive quests.

Hmm, I don't. get that feeling. Seems people are really complaining about the firat half because of its story being lacking, and (bar some less liked chapters) seem to really like most of the linear stuff, especially the ending. Could be wrong, though, but that's what I gathered from this thread.

Yeah, I love all the unique armors and weapons you get for exploring. Can you imagine if all you got was curative items, ore to paint your car and food ingrdients? Lol

dc89

I have just reached Chapter 2 and I am seeing so many posts saying you should watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood that I am actually going to watch both before I pick up the controller again.

Wise move?

sappyday

I have just reached Chapter 2 and I am seeing so many posts saying you should watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood that I am actually going to watch both before I pick up the controller again.

Wise move?

If you care enough to invest in the story.

Wise move?

They're still appropriate to watch even way later into the game. If you feel like watching them, sure, go for it!

Kyoufu

Wise move?

Yeah, you definitely should watch both. Start with Brotherhood.

Soriku

A friend finished in 23 hours doing 25 side-quests... if you follow the main quest you will really finish it fast.

PS. People has different way to play games... some like to finish the story first to start the side-quests in the post-ending.

How many sidequests are there? 25 doesn't sound like a whole lot. Does that incude the fetch quests?

Also are there missables?

Wise move?

Yeah, some of the interactions between the main cast are improved with the context Brotherhood provides.

And watching Kingslaive helps with the messy plot, but just a little bit. Is ab awful movie, though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of FF, of KH, my brothers,

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the meta score of FF falls,

when reviewers slam it below a 80% average

and destroy all hope of a series revival,

but it is not this day.

A review thread of bans and hanging moogles,

when the age of FF comes crashing down,

but it is not this review thread!

This day we BELIEVE!!

By all that you hold dear on this good forum,

I bid you stand, Final Fantasy GAF!!!

giphy.gif

Zedark

How many sidequests are there? 25 doesn't sound like a whole lot. Does that incude the fetch quests?

There are very many, I have done around 40 or so, and there are so many I haven't done yet in Duscae and Leiden, and I haven't even reached the third area yet. There are quite some fetch quests, though they almost always involved a battle at the appropriate level.
In fact, there is a trophy for doing 80 sidequests

Alej

Banned
I'm not past chapter 9 yet. If that's true, I really wonder how one should judge a game that has like 40+ hours of fun gameplay but a shit final third in the main story.

Especially when there is a consensus about the great ending.

FFVII second disk wasn't the best part of it. You mainly revisit areas. The part about poisoned Cloud? Long and boring. Even the return to Midgard wasn't that great to me.

FFVIII and FFIX had some boring parts too.

I won't even talk about X, it's linear snoozefest to me for 2/3 of the game. I don't get the story, i don't feel any of the characters and the trials were a shore. X-2 has good gameplay and that's it.

FFXII feels grand to me. I don't mind the story, the plot is faint but you are just a part of major events occuring.

FFXIII is a worse FFX to me. I didn't like it. I don't hate it.

So, i'm not a die hard fan i guess. It's not my favorite saga at all, even if i like the serie as a whole. But i like RPGs. My favorite game of all time is Suikoden II, followed by Star Ocean 2, Mass Effect 2, Secret of Mana and FFXII. XV could really end in that top 5.

Alej

Banned

I think you could do more than 25 side stuff in the Chapter 1, alone.

And then, remember you should eat and sleep regularly if you do that. We are talking about a 50 hours game easily if you don't rush through it and take your time.

chechi

My impression so far: Played during the weekend about 5-6 hours (which is a lot for me). If I remember correctly I'm at the beginning of chapter 3.

The cutscenes are as awesome as expected but the story itself starts out slow. A lot doesn't make sense to me (I didn't watch Kingsglaive and just started with Brotherhood), the characters are far more likable than anticipated and the setting is really solid.

I like the combat (it just doesn't feel like FF to me) despite not really getting it. A lot of confusing stuff and most of the time I'm not sure what I'm doing. Still it's somehow fun to play.

First verdict: I really dig it. I wanna know more about the world and the people, it feels good to run around and explore everything. Atm I can't point my finger at anything specific good or bad.

All I can say is: I'm thinking about it all day long and I'm looking forward to boot up my PS4 after work and continue playing. A feeling I didn't have in a long time – maybe because I didn't go in with a lot of expectations.

Z3M0G

This is gonna be a hell of a day!!!

I need to get as much work done as I can in the next 2 hours... because after that...

chefbags

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of FF, of KH, my brothers,

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the meta score of FF falls,

when reviewers slam it below a 80% average

and destroy all hope of a series revival,

but it is not this day.

A review thread of bans and hanging moogles,

when the age of FF comes crashing down,

but it is not this review thread!

This day we BELIEVE!!

By all that you hold dear on this good forum,

I bid you stand, Final Fantasy GAF!!!

giphy.gif

How fitting that I turned on the game today and the screen shows this.

dITrs2H.jpg

A new dawn has risen. Let us set forth towards a new day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom