• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigol

Except XIII. One of the things that game got right.

I'll try skipping a lot of sidequests, probably. I loathe being overleveled. How noticeable is the overleveling? How large of an effect does level have on your power?

The game pratically forced a level cap on you for most ot the time. Crystarium was unlocked only after 20 hours. I wouldn't call that system "balanced".

Imma wait on the game, the last FF game with lightning was such a snooze, took 4hr to really get going....
The biggest problem was the characters. It's like they found the worst characters from anime and then decided to make the party for you to play with. The bros better be a lot better than the trash XIII crew.

Alej

Banned
The biggest problem was the characters. It's like they found the worst characters from anime and then decided to make the party for you to play with. The bros better be a lot better than the trash XIII crew.

They are indeed better and likeable this time. It's really a good thing coming after a long list of shitty JRPGs with shitty characters.

Philippo

Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of FF, of KH, my brothers,

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the meta score of FF falls,

when reviewers slam it below a 80% average

and destroy all hope of a series revival,

but it is not this day.

A review thread of bans and hanging moogles,

when the age of FF comes crashing down,

but it is not this review thread!

This day we BELIEVE!!

By all that you hold dear on this good forum,

I bid you stand, Final Fantasy GAF!!!

giphy.gif

No need for words.

So true haha. What a truly insufferable bunch.

At least Sazh was a cool guy. He felt like he belonged in something better.

Edit - Reviews are in an hour?! I had no idea. I predict lots of 8s.

I hope you're right, but even though I love the game, it will prove to be divisive. 86+ Meta would be a minor miracle.

What's PC GAF? Politically correct or Personal Computer?

Don't conflate GAF hyperbole with professional reviewers. I haven't played it, so I can't say whether it's good or not. But neither have most of the people shitting on it. I have no idea what the meta will end up as, but I do know a couple peeps who played it for review, and I think I know which day the wind is blowing.

Having said, that's just an educated guess.

Don't conflate GAF hyperbole with professional reviewers. I haven't played it, so I can't say whether it's good or not. But neither have most of the people shitting on it. I have no idea what the meta will end up as, but I do know a couple peeps who played it for review, and I think I know which day the wind is blowing.

Having said, that's just an educated guess.
I've put about 20 hours into the game myself, I'm not conflating anything :)

It's my guess/opinion based on my time with the game so far.

Some people will think it's great and they'll be right, some people will be more critical and I can totally understand that too. It depends on what you like in games and if you appreciate FF15's more quirky aspects.

Zigi

Neo Member
Edit: Coupon gone

I have 20% off for us psn store coupon for any title. Got this coupon when i was visting states but it does not work in eu :p. So first one to pm me can get the coupon and get that FF bit cheaper :). (NOTE WORKS ONLY IN USA)

robotrock

Banned
Both Jason Schreier and Phil Kollar really liked the first ten hours they played a month ago right?

I hope the game managed to keep up for the rest of it

I am very curious to see how both Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian review scores are since both of these games have been in development for a long time.

Zaki2407

Tomorrow will be a historical day. 10 years of waiting. It's almost over. The end is near. I don't care if the review scores are 80s, 70s, or even 60s. I thank you Tabata san and the crew for working so hard to finish this game.
Bigbosssalute.jpg

Kyoufu

I know I'm surprised too... dunno if to fully commit to trying to find it or just wait

It's out tomorrow mate, might as well just wait.

Or you can buy the digital version which unlocks at midnight and/or see if your local GAME are doing a midnight launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom