• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

Whoever sounded off on that has no business being in charge of a video game.

amUNiaM.png

Charamiwa

Banned
Everytime there's a negative opinion on the game you see the same members coming with their reaction gifs or their one liners, like clockwork. I'm starting to think we elevated FFXV shitposting to an art form over the years.

Gbraga

I think there'd generally be two ways to play the game - revisiting from time to time, or barreling through to the end to see what happens and then going back for postgame.

I'm inclined to think most people would opt for the latter.

Makes sense. Especially given how they handle the going back to open world thing.
If it wasn't a time travel sort of deal, people would be more inclined to revisit the open world just to see what NPCs have to say about the shit that just went down.

I don't know what your saying. but to blame writers for things they are not in charge of and have not been in charge of for a long time doesn't make much sense to me.

Someone asked about shakespeare being a tool for things happening off screen or cut out with no explanation, you brought up Nojima in that context. Nojima would not have been in charge of that kind of compromised state of the game 2 and a half years from release. Especially when even things shown in trailers last year are apparently not even in the game, which is scary to think about.
Claiming that things happening off screen is a "Shakespearean tool" is tantamount to claiming that the game's writing was never compromised and this was always the vision for the game.

I don't buy that. I think this is more likely the result of shoddy writing and too much stuff being left on the cutting room floor.

Falk

that puzzling face
Everytime there's a negative opinion on the game you see the same members coming with their reaction gifs or their one liners, like clockwork. I'm starting to think we elevated FFXV shitposting to an art form over the years.

Hey, to be fair it also depends on the time of the day.

Kyolux

Yeah they either sharpened the textures further or added more AF because the ground and rocks look a tiny smidge better from what I see.

Also surprise surprise, like I expected the tutorial video for the Pro version was trumped up from fucking nothing.

Seems like draw distance is better too? Those mountains in the top right of Ty's shots are bigger/more detailed.

I guess that's GAF for you ! All those FFXV threads year after years have been a hell of a up and down train ride ! I wouldn't take that as serious if I were you.

HMD

There are some good moments in them but they are often overshadowed by the bad ones. Secondly a correction to @HMD's post talking about length of
Chapter 13, which is certainly not 3 hours long. I was rushing through it and it took me around an hour or a little over it. It was bad, yes. But the good news is that Stealth is not forced. The bad news is that since we lack proper weapons, we have to do a lot of shit to get rid of the enemies. I didn't like it is all I can say.

I honestly wish it didn't take as long as it did, but I was playing it as "intended" for the majority of the chapter, then after a while I figured out that I can kill those robots that you have stealth around with my triangle MP attack and it was slightly bearable (I was using the evade counter exclusively against them), also did you explore the area? a lot valuable items were thrown around the chapter, I got a decent bump in stats out of it.

jschreier

I honestly wish it didn't take as long as it did, but I was playing it as "intended" for the majority of the chapter, then after a while I figured out that I can kill those robots that you have stealth around with my triangle MP attack and it was slightly bearable (I was using the evade counter exclusively against them), also did you explore the area? a lot valuable items were thrown around the chapter, I got a decent bump in stats out of it.
Did you forget about the death spell? The one that uses circle?

NicolasCageLaugh.gif

Holy shit that sounds even worse than I thought.

Whoever sounded off on that has no business being in charge of a video game.

Lol, it's not 3 hours, it's about one hour. Delicious hyperbole.

For what it's worth, I know people who enjoyed chapter 13 *shrug*.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Claiming that things happening off screen is a "Shakespearean tool" is tantamount to claiming that the game's writing was never compromised and this was always the vision for the game.

I don't buy that. I think this is more likely the result of shoddy writing and too much stuff being left on the cutting room floor.

i think that's plainly obvious, i'm not disagreeing with you at all there.

zkorejo

So if there are 15 chapters, at which chapter does the game go linear? I want to know because I want to make sure I have completed all the sidequest by the time the linear levels kick in. Once that happens, I wont go back to open world until I complete the game.

I love crazy shifts in gameplay. I feel people want everything to be safe and by the book. Any time a game tries different things some people dislike it. MGS4 is my favorite MGS game, the second half of that game was bold and awesome, but people hate it cause it's not the same game as the first half.

Give me crazy gameplay, surprise me. I'm excited for the second half of this game.

Yu Narukami

Wtf doesn't the PS4 download patches anymore while suspended? I want to play dammit and noticed after an hour that the download went to 0%

Gbraga

So if there are 15 chapters, at which chapter does the game go linear? I want to know because I want to make sure I have completed all the sidequest by the time the linear levels kick in. Once that happens, I wont go back to open world until I complete the game.

Chapter 9, from what I'm reading.

That said, it seems like some of the content is higher leveled than the entire main quest, so it's definitely designed for you to go back later, even if just after the game ends. No need to beat 100% of it before moving on.

Simo

I haven't followed this thread so it's probably old news but the game, and deluxe edition, is available in London now.

Voror

Wait so how many patches do we have now? I know there's one that those with the game have been able to get already and we have one coming later for more Pro support. Is there another one coming out on the 29?

Sections like that are the reason why I'm hesitant to buy anything on a console these days.

I'm fine with playing a bad chapter once, but if I can't bitchslap annoying design decisions with Cheat Engine during subsequent playthroughs, I'm not likely to revisit the game period.

ethomaz

Banned
Wait so how many patches do we have now? I know there's one that those with the game have been able to get already and we have one coming later for more Pro support. Is there another one coming out on the 29?
Only the 1.01 that was out some days ago... I don't expect a patch until mid December.

I'm trying to figure that out myself. The "Crown update" suggested a bunch of updates. some of them are already in the 7 gig patch, but some arent. I'm concerned because I don't want my save to be unusable if there is another patch on release day and they don't work together.

HMD

I'm trying to figure that out myself. The "Crown update" suggested a bunch of updates. some of them are already in the 7 gig patch, but some arent. I'm concerned because I don't want my save to be unusable if there is another patch on release day and they don't work together.

They can do that? I hope not.

Lorpe

Neo Member
Getting my copy Today, but wanna know if the car banter, combat banter stuff is subtitled because i wanna play it in japanese voices but dont wanna miss a thing here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom