• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac996

Finally (pun intended) got it! Toronto Canada here.

vUKBnUa.jpg

Lingitiz

The impressions are a lot more positive than I expected from here, I think that bodes quite well.

People consider different things spoilers, but if you knew how sensitive you were to spoilers, why would you even participate in this thread?
I always take these threads with a bit of a grain of salt. There are some eager to hate but also those that would look for the game early are also really invested in having it be good as well.

Socivol

How is the english (or french) voicing ? I am willing to play in japanese but i am afraid to miss some dialogue in the heat of the fight
English is okay. It's not Final Fantasy XII good but it's not Type-0 bad. It's a game where the voice actors really should have been in a room together and you can tell they weren't so some of it comes off really stilted.

RPGCrazied

Sounds like they went a reverse XIII. Instead of open world at the end, its at the start. Lets not forget XIII was pretty linear before you got to Pulse.

Yo guys,
Chapter 14
is LEGIT. Whoa!

I won't throw away a number at it yet but out of the 35 hours played, I'd say the only bad ones were just a couple of hours, mostly the chapters that I listed back. Otherwise it is a really solid experience so far.

SkylineRKR

XIII is the best of the 3 imo. Visually also.

Sounds like they went a reverse XIII. Instead of open world at the end, its at the start. Lets not forget XIII was pretty linear before you got to Pulse.

Pulse was barren as fuck. It had a handful of dead ends that lead to monster marks or treasures.

Heartfyre

lol chapters 9 and 13 were some of my favorites in the game. Loved how different and experimental they felt. Was totally immersed. It seems like I just have bad taste.

I'm just glad they even tried to be experimental. The way the game was developed with such transparency, receiving and implementing on so much feedback made me fear it'd be stale and safe. An RPG made by focus testers because there's too much money on the line. I don't even care if it's inconsistent so long as they don't cause fundamental problems like XIII had.

An eight? ;w; Can you hint towards what the lows are...without describing them? Maybe I am asking the impossible here lol.

Only an 8?

The game for the most part got in-game cutscenes and some are poorly directed. Like a little bit more of finesse would be nice. Camera, is usually at fault in small places because certain dungeons are too small. A certain boss fight in
ch.9
was just messy like I can tell what they were trying to go for but many will play this segment and say wtf. The game is pushing the hardware, so it's visually inconsistent at times but beautiful at the same time if it makes sense.

lol chapters 9 and 13 were some of my favorites in the game. Loved how different and experimental they felt. Was totally immersed. It seems like I just have bad taste.
I loved Chapter 9. I only said the way it ended was WTF for me. As for Chapter 13, I really hated the section where we are powerless and it was also stretched far too much IMO. It could have worked well as a short sequence but alas. The ending of Chapter 13 is wicked though and then Chapter 14. This is the biggest leap from one story sequence to the next one, lol.

The game for the most part got in-game cutscenes and some are poorly directed. Like a little bit more of finesse would be nice. Camera, is usually at fault in small places because certain dungeons are too small. A certain boss fight in
ch.9
was just messy like I can tell what they were trying to go for but many will play this segment and say wtf. The game is pushing the hardware, so it's visually inconsistent at times but beautiful at the same time if it makes sense.

Remember that Crown update will improve
that fight at chap.9, so maybe it will be worth to revisit it after next tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom