• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Speaking of, from people who have played, does a guide feel necessary...?
Yes there are so many quests that some are easy to miss. The hunts are different based on the finer you are at so if you don't find a diner you.miss all the mob hunt associated with that diner.

Aurizen

Cx3Sy7VUUAAmKuu_thumb.jpg

GOT an early copy!
oh wait what!?

Whoa!! did you get it from Amazon?

Yu Narukami

Ok my Internet keeps disconnecting and I can't download patch 1.02. Will I miss something if I continue playing? I'm in Chapter 2.

sensui-tomo

Just a question to those who have played the game, its a stupid one probably not important, but do the couple from the episode duscae demo show up (aka the crazy chocobo lady who more or less belittles her husband for anything he does like feeding chocobos the leftovers)

Just checked Amazon to see where my copy is and it hasn't even shipped.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

I should've gone digital with this one.

Great OT btw!

I'm in the same scenario but with GAME. It's apparently been shipped but the website says otherwise and I have no emails to confirm it so no idea what's happening there. They took the money a week ago so can't even cancel. It would have been a lot easier to pre-order in store to be honest. I'd not have even bothered with this hassle had the deluxe not been a GAME exclusive in the UK. Sick of that crap.

Whoa!! did you get it from Amazon?

Amazon trolling JP people -lol

Guys- should I start to panic - Anyone else?

Shipment details
No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon.

Isn't the game releasing tomorrow?
not like this ^

Hobbes211

Forgive this post if it resurrects a point that's already been discussed to death in the thread as I won't be reading the thread as I'm hiding from potential spoilers.

Something that's been on my mind since I played the Type 0 demo is whether or not there will be side quests that are hunts, similar to FFXII. The entire structure of the Behemoth hunt (minus some of the scripting) reminded me very much of the hunt system and that was one of my favourite parts of XII. Can anyone confirm if that's in the game or not? PM me if you want.

muteki

Copy should get here tomorrow. I'll need to force myself to watch the rest of Brotherhood and the movie before I play the game, which means I'm likely not starting until Wednesday.

Interested to see what I'll think of it. X was the most recent game of this kind I played and it really couldn't hold my interest. This being FF and 20~30ish makes it more in my favor I think.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I rarely preorder games on PSN but it looks like it's only preloading 6.998gb. Is there no way to preload the full game now?

Jeels

Yes there are so many quests that some are easy to miss. The hunts are different based on the finer you are at so if you don't find a diner you.miss all the mob hunt associated with that diner.

Question is does the guide thoroughly cover all of this...?

Man, had to get some groceries and while at the store I was just like I want to be home posting and reading posts and checking what kind of ridiculousness is going on in the review thread. I'm hooked.

Aurizen

Amazon trolling JP people -lol

Shipment details
No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon.

not like this ^

Don't panic lol. Mine says that too but they took the money so all is well :)

sappyday

Forgive this post if it resurrects a point that's already been discussed to death in the thread as I won't be reading the thread as I'm hiding from potential spoilers.

Something that's been on my mind since I played the Type 0 demo is whether or not there will be side quests that are hunts, similar to FFXII. The entire structure of the Behemoth hunt (minus some of the scripting) reminded me very much of the hunt system and that was one of my favourite parts of XII. Can anyone confirm if that's in the game or not? PM me if you want.

Yes. There are a bunch of hunts in the game. However, they don't really have a narrative. You just go to the location, look for the creatures you have to kill and then kill them. Hunt enemies are beefed up as well.

Question is does the guide thoroughly cover all of this...?

The quests aren't really missable though, you can go to the places he's mentioning at any time.

The only thing you would need the guide for imo would be the dungeons if you either have trouble navigating them or want to make sure you get every item

Vestal

Gold Member
Any impressions for XB1 performance?

Thinking of purchasing it on XB1 rather than PS4.(My XB1 rewards would pay for the entire thing lol)

Just need to make sure that its a decent play through and not too held back by the hardware.

Thanks

I might be on board with this. The trailers all look beautiful. I just remember all the old Final Fantasy games being turn based, which were ok, but not quite my cup of tea. I may pick this up down the road.

I'm just like you-
I've always liked the aesthetics but never cared for the combat,
but this time they really nailed the real time combat and graphics are top notch.

Any impressions for XB1 performance?

Thinking of purchasing it on XB1 rather than PS4.(My XB1 rewards would pay for the entire thing lol)

Just need to make sure that its a decent play through and not too held back by the hardware.

Thanks
Performance is nice actually,
but you will get that blurry look compared to the PS4 or the PS4 pro.

Not a bad trade off considering the game is only 35$ -50$ in most places.

Hobbes211

Yes. There are a bunch of hunts in the game. However, they don't really have a narrative. You just go to the location, look for the creatures you have to kill and then kill them. Hunt enemies are beefed up as well.

No narrative around the hunt is fine. FFXII had a bestiary, which is always a win in my books. I'm super stoked about hunts in XV now!!!!!1!

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I'm thinking of buying a PS4 for this... it's on Amazon right now for 212 with Uncharted 4.

Should I do it?

I've been hyped for this game for a long time, but I'm worried about spending almost $300 for a disappointing game.

Phionoxx

Shipment details

not like this ^

Same here. Called them [Amazon] about it yesterday actually because I had to update my shipping address and card info. from when I placed the order back in March. That made the scheduled delivery slip to Thursday, but they seemed to have fixed it and now it is showing one-day shipping and pending shipment tonight. We will see!

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 for this... it's on Amazon right now for 212 with Uncharted 4.

Should I do it?

I've been hyped for this game for a long time, but I'm worried about spending almost $300 for a disappointing game.

Do it, you wont regret it,
but if you could - get the PS4 PRO tho :)

Dalto11

For those of you with the Pro and the game, is the lightweight mode still capped at 30? Also are the horrendous frame pacing issues still present in High Quality mode? I know lightweight mode felt so much better in the judgement disc demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom