• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any reasons why I shouldn't have it on high?

yes - framepacing in the high res pro mode is utterly busted atm.

I managed to ignore the framepacing issues in bloodborne but the ones in this were way too noticeable for me to use that mode.

however, the lite mode runs at a full 1080p (as opposed to dynamic res on OG ps4/xb1) so you're still getting an improvement.

I'm almost 10 in and I'm loving it.

Quick question: does anybody know if the Justice Monster Five mini game has an end? Been playing for several waves and nothing happens.

Cx3Sy7VUUAAmKuu_thumb.jpg

GOT an early copy!
oh wait what!?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm streaming the full game, if anyone cares. Embargo drop means streaming is a go: twitch.tv/nova_crystallis

Lyonaz

I see the latest patch changed the combat report grading, now it's graded on Time, Finesse and Offense, instead of Defense, Stealth and Offense.

As a long time Final Fantasy fan I'm enjoying the game and taking my sweet ass time exploring and doing sidequests. 20 hours in, still in Chapter 3 and level 33.

I even got the deluxe edition coming in tomorrow, I regret nothing.

Euron

Would you recommend this game to somebody who has never played a Final Fantasy game before? (Well I played parts of 7 as a kid but never owned it)

How does it compare to other open world games this gen?

Sakura

So I am a little confused after watching Kingsglaive and then playing the game for a few hours...
(spoilers for kingsglaive I guess?)
I thought after the King loses his ring, every body loses their ability to use magic? At least that is how it seemed in the movie. So how are Noctis and friends using magic?
Sorry if it's something obvious I'm missing.

Mcdohl

Since other thread died, re-posting my post:

I love the field music. Too bad you can't hear it while driving or through a radio station :(

Raxious

so I've basically found a decent way to farm EXP already. those
dropships appear like every 30 seconds after defeating the group it spawns, nets 500 - 700 exp every time.

Zedark

So I am a little confused after watching Kingsglaive and then playing the game for a few hours...
I thought after the King loses his ring, every body loses their ability to use magic? At least that is how it seemed in the movie. So how are Noctis and friends using magic?

I actually think
they lose their power because of his death. So, in that case Noctis should be able, being the next Lucian king and all, to produce this new power in at least some small form

Edit: Also, additionally,
the loss of the crystal could account for Noctis' insignificant yet existing ability to provide the Lucian power to his friends only.

Noctis got royal blood.

Toth

Noctis is royal blood and all other magic is crafted and keep in magic flasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom