• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Sounds like when I get my deluxe edition tomorrow that I should pop the game in, get the patches going, then pop in Kingsglaive (haven't seen it)

That is what I'm doing, but just downloading the 9gb patch will take a couple hours, then installing. maybe I can at least fight the goblins when I'm done.

Rymuth

Need to take in this moment. This is the end of a huge chapter of our gaming life. Glad I get to share this with you all, GAF.

I already have the disc but I want to play this on the 29th like we're meant to!

Has anyone who's ordered the Deluxe from GAME actually had an email to say it's been shipped? The games out in 6 freaking hours and I've still not been contacted. Wish companies would stop playing this fucking anti consumer bullshit of only selling certain editions at completely unreliable jokes of a retailer. I'm tempted to cancel but Customer Support has died on the site too.

Simo

Almost there. Now it's just down to Amazon not muckin it up.

"Shipping today"
"Arriving tomorrow by 8pm"

Gonna wear a hole in my phone refreshing my order page today.

See, my Amazon copy was supposed to ship last Friday and didn't followed by the shipping and delivery date changing to Dec 1st. I had to contact support who bizarrely upgraded my shipping so it would arrive tomorrow.

My copy shipped out at 11:44pm last night.

Just a heads up, framepacing in the high res pro mode still isn't fixed so for now I would recommend playing lite even if you're on a pro. It's locked at 1080p at least which is still something for pro owners. :p

artsi

I have it preordered for €39.99, gonna pick it up tomorrow.
I have seen nothing of the game expept for the E3 re-launch trailer and the Platinum demo, hope it's good

Oh boy you're in for a treat if you pre-ordered it based on the trainwreck called Platinum Demo, lol.

PR_rambo

Banned
Bittersweet feeling, I've waited so long for this game, I was a freshman in high school when Versus 13 was first announced, and here I am in my mid twenties about to finally play it. I will forever mourn the lost opportunity to play Nomura's vision, looked to be insanely ambitious. However, I did enjoy Type-0 and repsect Tabata and the job he's done to actually put out a finished game. So even if it doesn't meet the unfair expectations a lot of us have, it sounds like it's a very good game, and seeing as I hated the 13 trilogy, I'll be enjoying this that much more.

artsi

Hopefully Square can get its act together for future mainline Final Fantasy games. Just ditch the engine and go with Unreal 4; crank some games out, goddamnit. I don't want another 10-year wait for XVI. I want it by 2019 at the latest.

But the engine is done now, game looks amazing and runs well aside from some framepacing issues. I don't see why they would not use it again.

Important question:

Does the Asia version (I live in Singapore if there's even a regional difference) have the reversible cover?

If so, is it the black one (US) or the white one (EU)?

Just to keep my FF tradition going I want to buy the physical release but it needs to be the (white) logo-only cover, otherwise there's no point :p

I'm considering ordering from amazon.co.uk ...

DPtheGod

Anyone else going to GameStop for the game tonight? 15 stores were randomly selected to give out lanyards, double sided posters, and the PAX shirts they gave out in September.

Animekatt

My deluxe edition from Best Buy came in a few minutes ago, with my UCE coming in later today. I'm playing through the Platinum Demo to unlock Carby, and then on to the game! I'm so glad I got it today lol.

Thabass

It's a funny feeling to know this game is out.

Hopefully Square can get its act together for future mainline Final Fantasy games. Just ditch the engine and go with Unreal 4; crank some games out, goddamnit. I don't want another 10-year wait for XVI. I want it by 2019 at the latest.

So the Final Fantasy 7 Remake then?

AdanVC

Loving the OT because it's nice and short. Big props to that!

Everyone please enjoy this gameeee! I had to sacrifice a PS4 and this game in order to fully save for a Nintendo Switch due to money issues and not being able to afford both consoles but I WILL have to play this game sometime soon! Very hyped to see screenshots of the game, full impressions and all!

purg3

slept with Malkin
I asked in the review thread but no one responded. Is there a single review that mentions or talks about the X1 version? Any impressions or mentions of how the final version plays?

Everyone please enjoy this gameeee! I had to sacrifice a PS4 and this game in order to fully save for a Nintendo Switch due to money issues and not being able to afford both consoles but I WILL have to play this game sometime soon! Very hyped to see screenshots of the game, full impressions and all!

Sorry to hear about that but it'll be there when you can get to it :)

I was 13 when I learned about this game, and I've used my hype for this as a replacement for Kingdom Hearts 3 ever since. It's been a long time coming.

Can someone who's played a bunch comment on control scheme? I saw some folks talking about using control "option B" but have no idea why (or what all the options are).

Seems like chaotic combat is a similar review theme and I'm guessing that has part to do with controls?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So assuming you don't get enough AP on a regular playthrough to get every ability, does anyone who has played a decent amount/finished the game have any build/skill recommendations? Been hearing magic is kind of limited in usefulness so I'm thinking of focusing on melee.

Jiraiza

Getting my UCE today, but probably won't play until I get my standard copy from Amazon tomorrow or Wednesday.

Been keeping myself in check with the spoilers about this game. A little excited.

Twookie

wow it's finally here, for real this time. feel weird, but cannot wait to play it!
just waiting for my copy, hope it arrives tomorrow
charm_smile.gif

The fact that its finally out after 10 years and Last Guardian is following next month is really weird.

Remember seeing these gritty and dark FF13 Versus trailers in 06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom